What can key fob do remotely?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Stanley Tan

Club Guest
Hello bros..Just wondering what else the remote can do beside unlock door, lock car and unlock boot?I saw 5 series can control light, fold side mirror or even start air con?Mine is E90 325I Sport 2011..

Uncle Schweeps will tell you... "Please go read up the car manual"

Yes yes... can start air-con, windows lowered, music, etc.

racheltoh;607874 said:
Uncle Schweeps will tell you... "Please go read up the car manual"

Yes yes... can start air-con, windows lowered, music, etc.

Really??? can fold side mirror like 5 series can do?

i went through my manual, I can only do open/close door, open/close boot, open/close window
Is there anything else I can program or got other key press combinations that I do? Would be nice if I can do open/close sunroof

Mine's an 07 pre-LCI E60.

I am just hoping it will continue to unlock/lock doors in the many years to come..

affan66;607901 said:
i went through my manual, I can only do open/close door, open/close boot, open/close window
Is there anything else I can program or got other key press combinations that I do? Would be nice if I can do open/close sunroof

Mine's an 07 pre-LCI E60.

Affan,

Mine can close and open sunroof too! you just need to point your key fob while depressing it near to the sunroof.

It moves your seats, sets your aircon temp, mirrors, radio station presets, lights, etc. Oh heck, just RFTM!

i don't have the manual :D
I read the downloaded one but can't find specific for Jap ones...

I tried opening the sunroof. Still unable to do so..

affan66;608460 said:
i don't have the manual :D
I read the downloaded one but can't find specific for Jap ones...

I tried opening the sunroof. Still unable to do so..

U need to unlock the car first . Then point your key FOB near the sunroof and depress the unlock button. Same goes to close it. U need to lock the car and depress the lock button while pointing to the sunroof.

hello.. how about my E90 325I?? anybody can help me how to set those remote functions?? thanks sifus..

toiletroll;610067 said:
mine E90 LCI 320M... so far it can only fold the side mirrors and window....

Bro,

What's the trick to fold the side mirrors ? Never done it before :)..mine is 320d

apujegah;610079 said:
Bro,

What's the trick to fold the side mirrors ? Never done it before :)..mine is 320d

when you are locking your door, just press the button and hold it.... that will do the trick...

toiletroll;610281 said:
when you are locking your door, just press the button and hold it.... that will do the trick...

Bro, tried, didnt work. mine is 323i LCI

I can open the sunroof..
Just hold the button when unlocking the door. The windows open first and followed by the sunroof awhile later.
Tried the reverse to fold the side mirrors but didn't work. Wierd.

affan66;610487 said:
I can open the sunroof..
Just hold the button when unlocking the door. The windows open first and followed by the sunroof awhile later.
Tried the reverse to fold the side mirrors but didn't work. Wierd.

hm.... i guess there is something to do with the setting.... i am sure your 323 can so the same trick... you may check out with your SC during the next visit....

but i never know it can also open and close the sunroof.... why not on my car...!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: ops..... my car doesn't have sunroof.... hehe

Jap car owners will be laughing at us still salivating over remotely-activated wing mirrors, when even the basic Vios engine can be started and stopped using the remote. :1:

Schwepps;610621 said:
Jap car owners will be laughing at us still salivating over remotely-activated wing mirrors, when even the basic Vios engine can be started and stopped using the remote. :1:

I had that feature on a '92 Chevy Camaro. I was pretty damn sure the start button is to heat up the car during crazy NYC winters. I don't think it brings any merit to the Vios' sold here. Unless of course for 'eksyen' reasons.

Top Bottom