Volkswagen Golf gti 2.0

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Bo_Greene

Banned
Hey guys,Was just wondering if there are anyone here that own have owned the Golf gti before.Im actually looking into owning this car, please share with me your experience of owning the car if u will. I need some information about the maintenance, spare parts cost and performance of the car regardless of the Mark 5 or Mark 6. Thanx in advance.

i do not own any, but few of my fren owns it, maintenance is similiar or slightly cheaper to Bmw, but more powerful compare to similar range BMW..

that would be a drag i would love to see :4:

on paper T2 is correct, the power to weight of the GTI (207hp, 280Nm, 1414kg) gives it an edge over the standard 320d (184hp, 380Nm, 1520kg).
it's a lot closer when you power and torque up the 320d to 204hp, 420Nm...! the bimmer's RWD gives it a little bit of extra grunt too
...wonder what the result might be? so when's this event again?

Maniac;652596 said:

on paper T2 is correct, the power to weight of the GTI (207hp, 280Nm, 1414kg) gives it an edge over the standard 320d (184hp, 380Nm, 1520kg).
it's a lot closer when you power and torque up the 320d to 204hp, 420Nm...! the bimmer's RWD gives it a little bit of extra grunt too

Ha ha...just don't meet a souped-up GTI-even they can be chipped/upgraded I hear.

Maniac;652596 said:

..well..i cant say what would be output but i thought it will be faster than i discovered when i pwned one GTI this weekend on the way to PD .. and im not yet supercharged..but...sooooooooon :)

no but on the road alot...just come up to their butt they are more than willing to give u a run...hehehe

docrayboy;652588 said:
Wait,wait....once our Power Kits fitted...let's RACE! You got any friends with GTIs?

hahaha...u very analytical...i only based it on my butt dyno...hehehe

when the 320d goes for its first dose of adrenalin its only fair that the gti goes for its first dose as well at stage 1...at that 1st dose...the 320d is still unfortunately left trailing the golf...

no offence to 320d owners...i have nothing against the car but the gti is one tough car to 'take care' due to its potential...

Maniac;652596 said:

a little i think but what makes it more refined is the LSD...MK5 tarak LSD...

Maniac;652599 said:
btw, just curious, does the MK6 have better performance vs the MK5?

I think even power kitted 320d can't win golf, but on long distance run, sure win, coz 320d can go 1.5x of the golf with a full tank.. ha..

t2ribena;652733 said:
hahaha...u very analytical...i only based it on my butt dyno...hehehe

when the 320d goes for its first dose of adrenalin its only fair that the gti goes for its first dose as well at stage 1...at that 1st dose...the 320d is still unfortunately left trailing the golf...

no offence to 320d owners...i have nothing against the car but the gti is one tough car to 'take care' due to its potential...

no offense taken, chief. a good car is a good car, irrespective of make. likewise, a sucky car will be a sucky one, even with a posh luxury emblem on it.
been out in a passat and scirocco, and prefer the e90d from a handling/value perspective. i've been meaning to take the GTI out for a test drive sometime, so many have raved about it. hehe. the A5 too. keke. and maybe the RCZ...

Maniac;652778 said:
no offense taken, chief. a good car is a good car, irrespective of make. likewise, a sucky car will be a sucky one, even with a posh luxury emblem on it.
been out in a passat and scirocco, and prefer the e90d from a handling/value perspective. i've been meaning to take the GTI out for a test drive sometime, so many have raved about it. hehe. the A5 too. keke. and maybe the RCZ...

I tested the GTI shortly after gettimg my 320d-didn't like the skinny steering-didn't feel the "kick"-felt so much like a student's car-college boy's car. My 2 cents. Of course, I didn't hammer it down MEX-maybe then I would have seen its true colours.

Top Bottom