V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
David Yong;416145 said:
Sound right but pls elaborate more. Where are the opportunities ? Some example pls :wink:

how much you're paying for my words? haha, joking:wink:

see, price of land, houses are all drop, share price drop. get what i mean? but i just sell of some of my shares, its a little "not so safe" already since it grow so much for a week.

when it comes to share market, always remember, when everyone back up, its time to go for it. and when everyone go for it, its time to run for you life

Yeah... just like another statement I have read before: "WE MUST BE FEARFUL WHEN EVERYONE STARTS TO BE GREEDY AND WE MUST BE GREEDY WHEN EVERYONE STARTS TO BE FEARFUL".

i missed the AIG & Citicorp when it was at 0.30cts & 1.00...damn! Otherwise, i'll be riding a V8 7 speeder DCT now...

Think beyond your own jobs, stock portfolios and real estate holdings. There are millions of people losing their livelihoods worldwide. The world order will change in the next few years.

The Daimler workers' union is demanding that Mercedes pull out of F1 as part of the company's cost cutting measures. BMW and Renault workers are watching developments. With only 5 engine suppliers left in F1, a sport we motorheads love is on the brink.

Getting back on subject, the pump-price of petrol is only determined by government policy to the extent of the quantum of subsidy it wants to absorb (to be precise, tax foregone) Pump-price is, in the main, determined by the price of benchmark crude, which is the variable element in the Automated Pricing Mechnism, APM. Oil companies and pump dealers have no say in determining the pump-price, and this applies to V-Power too.

:wink: i can't change ppl mind. i will say this one last time, dont be negative. at this moment, no one will help us unless we help ourselves.

your view isn't wrong at all. this is not a right wrong issue, jsut different ppl think differently.

have a good day and nice meeting you:wink:

Back to the petrol issue ... has anyone tried the fuel treatment that can be easily found on the shelves at the shopping complex? We just need to pour the whole bottle in the fuel tank. Is it good?

IMO, not advisable. You don't know how they will react with the additives already present in your petrol, nor their effect on various parts of your fuel line and engine. Eg, too much detergent additive will mess up your seals. As for 'octane boosters', how would you know they actually boost your octane? Better spend the money on V-Power, dude! ;)

Shwepps,

Good suggestion. Maybe once a while its good to pour full tank of V-Power ... to clean my fuel system and at the same time enjoy the extra Vroooom. Thanks.

vpower now RM2.05 per litre...more reason to use it now..

Schwepps;416600 said:
IMO, not advisable. You don't know how they will react with the additives already present in your petrol, nor their effect on various parts of your fuel line and engine. Eg, too much detergent additive will mess up your seals. As for 'octane boosters', how would you know they actually boost your octane? Better spend the money on V-Power, dude! ;)

100% agreeable :top:

V-Power @ RM2.05 now.....

Wonder when V-Power will be like 10 sen more than the normal unleaded, just like those days....

The sales of V-Power should be very low as compare to normal fuel, therefore, I have a concern that the stock at the station might have been stored for long time and not as fresh as the fast moving RON 97 fuel. If really so, V-Power might have loss some power and end up equal to the RON 97, but at premium price...

Silver320;417431 said:
The sales of V-Power should be very low as compare to normal fuel, therefore, I have a concern that the stock at the station might have been stored for long time and not as fresh as the fast moving RON 97 fuel. If really so, V-Power might have loss some power and end up equal to the RON 97, but at premium price...

Hence, it's important to go to stations where their stock is fresh.

Nice to see that filling the tank with V-Power is costing less and less. RM110 for my 54 litres yesterday. Mid-2008 it was creeping up towards RM200! :eek:

Schwepps;417842 said:
Nice to see that filling the tank with V-Power is costing less and less. RM110 for my 54 litres yesterday. Mid-2008 it was creeping up towards RM200! :eek:

Agree! Agree! Wonder if it'll drop again cos it dropped 2 times in April 2009.:love:

Firstly, to cut the guesswork, the shelf-life of petrol is approximately 1 year. Here's a BP document on it: http://www.bp.com/liveassets/bp_int...ts/downloads_pdfs/f/Fuel_news_BP_ultimate.pdf

Petrol stored too long is at risk of evaporation (loss of some power) and oxidation (formation of gums) But another 2 problems that can occur in pump stations are: water contamination through leaky tanks/pipe joints in low water-table areas, and rust/dirt which can introduce bacteria, which causes further deterioration.

Just find a petrol station which always looks busy, and the stocks should be fresh. Also look for newer stations (newer tanks and piping) on relatively high ground, avoid flood prone areas. I once saw people driving into a station in Shah Alam, which still had a thick coating of mud after flood waters had receded, to pump petrol. Crazy - don't they realise that the tank filler covers, among other things, were submerged for several hours?

Don't worry, Shell will only stock V-Power in higher-end urban centres where they know the product will move. That's why you won't find it in rural stations.

Oh, one more thing, it's better to keep your petrol tank relatively full most of the time to lessen evaporation and condensation space. I normally fill when it hits 1/2 tank. When your tank is near empty, you'll hear a hiss when you open the filler cap - the more empty the tank, the louder the hiss.

Top Bottom