V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
racheltoh;433803 said:
overall oil prices going up...
we should be happy right...which also means economy picking up..
actually 2.05/2.15 few dollar different in total... wont hurt u beer kakis la..

bmFive... wishing u all the winning luck.. u can take my receipt if want too..

Thanks, if your receipts had the lady luck I'll sure take. :)I actually find the contest irritating.......but the kiasuness in me make me submit the forms.:stupid: I wish Shell could take all the price money & give us cheaper petrol!:63:

I won RM300 in the last round, so nearly 3 free full tanks. :dancing:

You sure you don't want your forms rachel? :)

damn, how come i nevr get any contest wan? all my cars drink V power, and from the same station.. that shell cashier gonna die tomolo morning!! also be carefull if using Bonuslink.. these smart cashiers hv their own cards on standby by the till, if you dont see, ur points go to them!! imagine those cust wt no bonuslink...huh!

bmFIVE;433807 said:
I wish Shell could take all the price money & give us cheaper petrol!:63:

Shell and the other petrol retailers cannot flex the price of petrol. Our petrol pricing is determined by the Automated Pricing Mechanism (APM) mandated by the govt. Only the govt has the choice to subsidise or tax petrol, and in the case of VPower, it's a neutral policy. Ie, Premium and Regular will remain at the set price - toggling between subsidy and tax - while VPower will move up and down depending on crude prices.

Just like retailers of rice, sugar and other controlled items, the only legal way for retailers to offer 'discounts' is to offer prizes in lucky draws. But lucky draws are illegal without a gaming licence, so it must be a 'contest'. It's a 'contest' if there is a question answered (no matter how stupid the question) or a slogan written (no matter how stupid the slogan)

So...it's worth putting entries in because it's just a lucky draw, and you do get paid if one of your entries is drawn. I'm the proof it's legit. :wink:

Schwepps;433772 said:
Waw! You can tell the difference, JPB? I'm running my 1st tank of Premium after using only VPower from my E90's 1st km, and I can't even tell the diff between Premium and Vpower! :p

I felt the diff after having used Premium all the time till I got a free top-up of V-Power. Ever since, I never reverted to Premium. Perhaps it has to do with the cleaning properties of V-Power i.e. it might take a while for the effects of your last tankful of V-Power to fade off. I recall a forumer from the oil and gas sector sharing his knowledge that it is always best to switch between different "brands" of fuel after each fill-up to take advantage of their various proprietary additives and benefits in one engine. Dunno if this makes sense. Funny thing is, my family actually gets free petrol from BHP for our 7 cars cos my dad has a history with the Boustead Group. But I only fill up BHP on my SMARTforFOUR, not my beemer. I need all the advantage I can get when I kena tiong by E46F and I think V-Power gives me that, hahahahaha!

Wah...free fuel also dowan! :eek:

It does make sense that it takes a while for the car to adapt to the different fuel, just as it takes a while for the ECM to adapt when the knock sensor detects a different RON fuel. But by the same token, it would take a while for the car to adapt between Sri Hartamas and Eastin Hotel VPower. :rolleyes:

I think you just have a fluid imagination la, just like you imagine you kena tiong by E46F all the time! Hahahaha! (kidding) Solution is obvious: Fit perf exhaust, do HiOP remap, use free BHP premium. Then E46F will be toast even if he double-boils his VPower. :D

sachseelan;433829 said:
damn, how come i nevr get any contest wan? all my cars drink V power, and from the same station.. that shell cashier gonna die tomolo morning!! also be carefull if using Bonuslink.. these smart cashiers hv their own cards on standby by the till, if you dont see, ur points go to them!! imagine those cust wt no bonuslink...huh!

always ask for receipt.. Then you double check with "bonuslink swipe **** **** ****"

BTW guys, I just found out today that you're entitled to the forms even if you fill with Super. But it's 1 form per RM30 of Super versus 3 forms per RM30 of V-Power. So if the attendants don't give you the forms, they're just being lazy - ask for them. Note that you have to attach a receipt, so if you're using a credit card, get a 2nd receipt by slotting in your card again.

1 form for every RM30.
3 forms for every RM30 if u use VPower
If ur full tank is Rm120...then u have 12 chances of winning?!

I never have such luck.. if I have such luck, I would be in Genting enjoying my cigar in their VIP lounge lio.. :( even the "medium" at the temple also confirm the same.. was told my every single sen can only be earn through blood and sweat.. :(

Wish u all good luck!

racheltoh;435017 said:
1 form for every RM30.
3 forms for every RM30 if u use VPower
If ur full tank is Rm120...then u have 12 chances of winning?!

The thing here is even if you have 12 entries it is clipped together with the receipt so basically if it is base on lucky draw your chance also is still 1 eventhough you put in 12???...korek or not...

XXX, You're right.

On another note, did you see how the locations of some of the shell stations were in the winners listing. So, we urbanites have poorer chances. I wonder how they pull the winners from the entire lot of Shell stations nationwide.

Thats why I never bothered already , I prefer the Petronas wan just swipe and automatically ur entered for the contest...

Well, I just saw the list of the RM30,000 winners at my regular Shell station and there have been 3 already as the draw is 3 weeks old. Which means 9 RM3,000 winners and 900 RM300 winners. Nothing is more fun than free money! :)

Schwepps;436145 said:
Well, I just saw the list of the RM30,000 winners at my regular Shell station and there have been 3 already as the draw is 3 weeks old. Which means 9 RM3,000 winners and 900 RM300 winners. Nothing is more fun than free money! :)

Congrats!? :eek:

Hi schwepps, where is your regular shell station located????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Schwepps;436145 said:

It's the one in DHeights opposite the Manulife building. But where doesn't matter, I think the list is displayed near the collection box in every station. If you win, they'll call you based on the phone no you put in the form anyway. My point was that in 3 weeks, Shell has disbursed RM387,000 back to consumers already, and that's no small sum. It runs to 31st Aug BTW.

TGIF rachel! :p

Top Bottom