V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My apartment where i stay is within klcc vicinity...the nearest shell station is the one next to auto bavaria bukit bintang which is now close under renovation...the one in sg besi doesnt sell v power, left with only one option that is shell in jln ampang apposite fiat showroom. The other two stations (next to gleneagles and apposite lanson place) only sell ron 05 and 97.
Its quite an effort just to fill up petrol nowadays!!!!

glock, i usually take my dose of V at the sg,besi station... meaning they got no more V fr good?

oh yes its not quite but much effort...

cheers

sachseelan;448588 said:
glock, i usually take my dose of V at the sg,besi station... meaning they got no more V fr good?

oh yes its not quite but much effort...

cheers

yep..i went there last sat...they're selling ron 95 n 97 now.

My regular Shell Station at Bukit Jalil no longer stock V-Power. There's a notice stated that V-Power will be phased out.

FYI.
For those in USJ, you can still get VPower Racing (2.25/l) at USJ 4 and USJ 8 only
The one in USJ 9, USJ 2, tak da...

racheltoh;451460 said:
FYI.
For those in USJ, you can still get VPower Racing (2.25/l) at USJ 4 and USJ 8 only
The one in USJ 9, USJ 2, tak da...

I've seen notice putting up on Shell USJ6 saying that USJ2 and USJ4 is available with V-Power.
USJ8 ada shell ka :love:

Image057.jpg

Since Rachel brouight up FC topic in another thread, thought I'd bring it up in this thread since it's also V-Power related.

My FC is hovering around 14.2 to 14.4L/100km. Am using V-Power.

MSport, it's important to look at average speed too, as that indicates whether you spend more time on open roads or heavy traffic. My lifetime average from showroom until now (27k) is 12.2 L/100km for 43.5kmh on VPower all the way. That works out to 22.8 mpg (Imperial) which is pretty good :top:

Schwepps;458348 said:
My lifetime average from showroom until now (27k)..

Wah! identical mileage as my unit wor.. :love: Underutilised la our car.. :p

.. and its no good at our end as Shell FuelSave Unleaded RON 95 user too. Despite price unchanged, fuel consumption deteriorate a lot and engine farking sluggish! I suspect they remove the FuelSave additive of whatever it is.. :(

Am actually tempted to give BHP a try....have been on V-Power for the last three weeks and really noticed the difference from RON97 in terms of FC and power.

Will fill up half a tank tomorrow with BHP and let you know. I doubt that it would hold a candle to even Shell RON97.

Still v power the best. I've tried BHP, yes, the FC goes higher, a little bit more noisy too.

But the v power price is getting more & more expensive, I think I will switch to 97. I heard from a beemer fren that the Esso 97 is second to v power. Going to try it soon.

Okok...thank you. Am scrapping the BHP idea already!
Phew.... my poor car. Almost became a guinea pig.

No more guesswork

Since the subject of fuel has come up again, I'll share the results of the test I've done in the last few months. I filled with 3 consecutive tankfuls of each Shell fuel and recorded the distance travelled. My car is the 6-cyl 325i Sports. Only urban cycle (city and city highway) was recorded, and any outstation trips in between were excluded. The figs are very accurate as they were taken from full tank to full tank. The results are quite telling:

ULG 95: 1,100km - 153.0lit - RM275 - 13.9lit/100km - RM0.25 per km
ULG97: 1,071km - 151.5lit - RM310 - 14.1lit/100km - RM0.29 per km
VPower: 1,075km - 136.0lit - RM313 - 12.7lit/100km - RM0.29 per km

Conclusion - VPower is the clear winner in fuel consumption, but the economy is negated by the high cost. ULG95 is the clear winner in economy. ULG97 is the clear loser all round.

Using ULG95 didn't pose any problem, no knocking nor loss of power in urban driving. In fact, i didn't feel any difference among the 3 fuels in urban driving. I am continuing the 3 consecutive tankfuls test and will see the results when the cumulative distance is ~2,000km each.

Schwepps;485246 said:
No more guesswork

Since the subject of fuel has come up again, I'll share the results of the test I've done in the last few months. I filled with 3 consecutive tankfuls of each Shell fuel and recorded the distance travelled. My car is the 6-cyl 325i Sports. Only urban cycle (city and city highway) was recorded, and any outstation trips in between were excluded. The figs are very accurate as they were taken from full tank to full tank. The results are quite telling:

ULG 95: 1,100km - 153.0lit - RM275 - 13.9lit/100km - RM0.25 per km
ULG97: 1,071km - 151.5lit - RM310 - 14.1lit/100km - RM0.29 per km
VPower: 1,075km - 136.0lit - RM313 - 12.7lit/100km - RM0.29 per km

Conclusion - VPower is the clear winner in fuel consumption, but the economy is negated by the high cost. ULG95 is the clear winner in economy. ULG97 is the clear loser all round.

Using ULG95 didn't pose any problem, no knocking nor loss of power in urban driving. In fact, i didn't feel any difference among the 3 fuels in urban driving. I am continuing the 3 consecutive tankfuls test and will see the results when the cumulative distance is ~2,000km each.

Wonderful test. This is real statistics man.

Top Bottom