V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
t2ribena;485768 said:
wah...u guys getting 6.8 to 7.0km/l average fc for 325 and that translate to about 14l/100km of fc right? isn't it abit high? heavy right foot driving?

Nah.. just the usual KL crawl that turns our roads into long parking lots. It's hard to get good FC when it takes you 45 mins to travel less than 1km (happened to me last Fri).

Outstation highway (NSE) driving gets me anywhere from 11km/L to 13.7km/L depending on how heavy my right foot is.

etquah;485970 said:
Looks like using Ron 95 is value for money. Hopefully in the long run, no side effects on our UDM

et, quite simply only ULG95 or VPower make sense. There's no point in using ULG97 as it only means you don't get the subsidy which now stands at 30sen/lit. If there is no knocking, then to your car, ULG95 is the same as ULG97, so what side effects would there be?

I've done foot on the floor acceleration through the gears with ULG95 and there isn't the slightest knock. I think the swirl characteristics of our cylinders is good enough to prevent knocking from any gasoline from RON90 onwards.

I've been using ULG95 for my E90 325 since introduced. No noticeable changes interms of acceleration and fuel consumption. For long distance can get up to 630 km between fill up at average speed of 160 kmh.

I judge that I can lift you with one arm, so that's not it my dear. :)

Using VPower in the city I get below 13 l/100km. Outstation highway at 140-160kmh speeds, I get below 11 l/100km. Your high FC may be because of the traffic you drive in. If that's not it, perhaps you should get your tuning checked. Eg, have your consumables like air filter and spark plugs been changed?

i hv tried this fuel save tip and this is what i get on my 325 sport, full laden using v-power

figured u'd question the result...so here is the end journey...well actually end journey to my patience coz i cant stand driving at that snail pace...even this is a result of combine speed of up to 130km/h at times

mind u this is a family trip...my wife, kid and a maid...plus full luggage

i end up cruising 150km/h above all the way to penang after this pic though and get some 11-12km/l...and i reckon i can get a decent 16-17km/h if i stick with 90km/h speed.

glock_8;486136 said:
figured u'd question the result...so here is the end journey...well actually end journey to my patience coz i cant stand driving at that snail pace...even this is a result of combine speed of up to 130km/h at times

mind u this is a family trip...my wife, kid and a maid...plus full luggage

Glock, our average speed is 20~30s kph to get the above readings, we don't do average speed 99kph in Bukit Bintang, or LDP or Federal Highway.. :eek:.. unless u live next to highway gantry and office is another end of highway.. :D

Yeah, 11-12km/lit is very good, but that's outstation driving on a highway. So what point are you making here?

astroboy;486149 said:
Glock, our average speed is 20~30s kph to get the above readings, we don't do average speed 99kph in Bukit Bintang, or LDP or Federal Highway.. :eek:.. unless u live next to highway gantry and office is another end of highway.. :D

ab..if city driving my 325 can get only 7-8km/liter lor..

that mileage is gained at highway speed...i didnt intended to confuse u with combine cycle of city and highway drive...hehe

Chances of knocking in a twin-turbo is much higher than in a NA engine. Have you tried ULG95 and does it knock under your fierce acceleration, DY?

Schwepps;486209 said:
Chances of knocking in a twin-turbo is much higher than in a NA engine. Have you tried ULG95 and does it knock under your fierce acceleration, DY?

Never tried ron 95 before. Dare not as it is not advisable.

David Yong;486206 said:
my average on my 335i is 14.6 l/100km and i'm on ron 97

DY mine not far away at 17l/100km for combined cycle (PJ/KL Traffic)...
icon10.gif

David Yong;486213 said:
Never tried ron 95 before. Dare not as it is not advisable.

Turbos usually need higher octane, but is it stated in your manual/petrol filler flap that it must be 97? If not, the only thing that will happen is that there may be knocking and your piezo mic anti-knock sensor will pick it up, and your ECU will retard the timing. Even a buddy driving a Cayenne Turbo found that he can use 95, and so he's also enjoying the govt subsidy for daily city driving. :)

Schwepps;486216 said:
Turbos usually need higher octane, but is it stated in your manual/petrol filler flap that it must be 97? If not, the only thing that will happen is that there may be knocking and your piezo mic anti-knock sensor will pick it up, and your ECU will retard the timing. Even a buddy driving a Cayenne Turbo found that he can use 95, and so he's also enjoying the govt subsidy for daily city driving. :)

It shows ok with ron 95 to 98. Anyway, I'm ok with ron 97 price as my monthly mileage clock is not high. It is averagely at 1,500 to 1,800 kms per month. So... the monthly petrol price is still tolerable for me :)

Schwepps;486156 said:
Yeah, 11-12km/lit is very good, but that's outstation driving on a highway. So what point are you making here?

err..i thot we are discussing on the fuel consumption of our bmw..like what u mentioned in ur earlier post bout ur city mileage and highway mileage...just to share info on how our car capable of fuel saving if u happen to take an outstation journey....

at the rate of 16-17km/liter if u drive at 90k/h...we can literally travel from kl and end up some 1k km away.....btw is 1kkm is enuf to cover here to thailand? hihi

sorry if this is old news :)

Schwepps;486002 said:
et, quite simply only ULG95 or VPower make sense. There's no point in using ULG97 as it only means you don't get the subsidy which now stands at 30sen/lit. If there is no knocking, then to your car, ULG95 is the same as ULG97, so what side effects would there be?

I've done foot on the floor acceleration through the gears with ULG95 and there isn't the slightest knock. I think the swirl characteristics of our cylinders is good enough to prevent knocking from any gasoline from RON90 onwards.

Schwepps, I heard the rattling sound of the engine when on low rpm. Is this the side effects of Ron 95 ? Other than that, no issues on Ron 95.

Top Bottom