V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i got lot of forms... but still no luck!! been 3 days. lurking around bangsar, loke yew, sg besi area.. all out of v power!! sigh

i read somewhere that the v-power is discontinued since 18.08.09 midnight....not sure if its true

mati ler.. thx glock... save me a lot of time..

cheers... looks like i hv to move to petronas..

glock_8;447680 said:
i read somewhere that the v-power is discontinued since 18.08.09 midnight....not sure if its true

I was at Shell in Mutiara Dsra/Sunway Dsra last night and the Vpower stock was fine. RM2.15 per liter.

E46Fanatic;447690 said:
I was at Shell in Mutiara Dsra/Sunway Dsra last night and the Vpower stock was fine. RM2.15 per liter.

maybe its a remaining stock and no more replenishment afterward...my car running out of fuel too...will check shell jln ampang later after office.

aiyo, i m running regular for few days oredi... do let me know if jln ampang got...pls, as i want 2 zoom up genting tomolo...

tq tq

sach

sachseelan;447717 said:
aiyo, i m running regular for few days oredi... do let me know if jln ampang got...pls, as i want 2 zoom up genting tomolo...

tq tq

sach

Have fun bro! :top:

Hah! Just got my fix of V-Power @ opposite Eastin though my tank was only 3/4 empty.

The mileage seemed a bit crappy with RON97 for the last few days.

i got my re fill to at bangsar shell today... full tanki.. ;) $2.15

off, hv a nice weekend all...

shell is introducing the ron 95, certain station with limited storage will have to stop selling the v power. they will start selling ron 97 and ron 95. however bigger station might still sell v power.

I think it's the station owner's own decision what product mix to sell based on his clientelle. He makes the same margin per litre regardless whether it's RON 92, 95, 97 or V-Power, so volume and fast throughput are his main considerations. Stations in central KL areas like Bangsar, DHeights, TTDI, etc seem to have no shortage of V-Power so far.

I have just tried out the new RON 97 yesterday at one of the Shell station. No V Power available at this station. My very first reaction is..... WOW... it is so much cheaper! My full tank at abt 52 liter is only RM 93.60, wherelse I would normaly paid RM 111.80 for the same amount of V Power. From here immediately I feel the different. Haha...

Car still as powderful like usual even with the new RON 97. Basically I don't feel much of the difference between this new RON 97 with V Power. Not sure if it gives better consumption like V Power. Need to drive more to have a better feel.

...bro dun be too happy, heard that come september 1st ron97 will be 2.30 per litre...thats why vpower is being slowly taken off as there is no point to sell two type of premium fuel..bcos come september Ron97 is considered premium fuel ..

the ah neh at Shell taught me to pump with the RON95 gun, cause they don't have the RON95 stock yet but the machine already adjusted. so basically im pumping 97 @ rm1.75

Wah sure ka? Dealers will loose $$$ if that is the case. Even Petronas has a centrally controlled price change push mechanism whereby changes in fuel prices can be pushed to all stations POS systems via batch commands. Shell is the largest and supposedly most advanced.

David Yong;448377 said:
I have just tried out the new RON 97 yesterday at one of the Shell station. No V Power available at this station. My very first reaction is..... WOW... it is so much cheaper! My full tank at abt 52 liter is only RM 93.60, wherelse I would normaly paid RM 111.80 for the same amount of V Power. From here immediately I feel the different. Haha...

There's no new RON 97 DY. What you filled at RM1.80 has been there since we went unleaded 2 decades ago. The new fuel will be RON 95 come 1 Sept. And even that will not be new at all, it'll be the same ULG from Petronas Melaka or Shell PD with slightly less anti-knock additive, that's all.

The only new fuel come 1 Sept will be the Euro 2M diesel, but I wouldn't suggest trying that!

E46Fanatic;448416 said:
Wah sure ka? Dealers will loose $$$ if that is the case. Even Petronas has a centrally controlled price change push mechanism whereby changes in fuel prices can be pushed to all stations POS systems via batch commands. Shell is the largest and supposedly most advanced.

Agreed, the stations can't adjust the pumps themselves, as it's all software controlled. And the systems are such that they're changed simultaneously in thousands of pumps throughout the nation on the chosen midnight.

But what the aneh told IsaacVky is probably true. The smattering of RON 95 pumps available are basically for the gas companies to guage public response, so that they can decide on the station product mix post-Sept 1. The difference between RON 97 and RON 95 is only, what, 5ml of anti-knock additive per litre? It'll cost them more than the 5 sen per litre to adjust their dosing equipment at KLDT just to cater for a few trial RON 95 pumps.

Just keep in mind folks, the base ULG (unleaded gasoline) is the same. Only the dose of anti-knock will be different by a small amount. RON 95 is not a 'new' gasoline.

I just filled up with vpower at the Shell station opposite Eastin. Only RON95 and VPower options for petrol. No RON97 shell green fuel. The "new" RON95 has the same yellow color hue as the previous shell green RON97 fuel.

E46Fanatic;448478 said:
I just filled up with vpower at the Shell station opposite Eastin. Only RON95 and VPower options for petrol. No RON97 shell green fuel. The "new" RON95 has the same yellow color hue as the previous shell green RON97 fuel.

Wow! Obviously that kiosk has more VPower fans than RON97, which they need to look after.. I should avoid that station.. :p

Tmn Tun kiosk still good, has RON97.. :wink:

Top Bottom