V-Power - Hmmmm.....

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
shanthan60;443466 said:
is it ok to use different bands of fuel in my E90323i,am using esso synergy F-1,which i think is ron97 but am planing to change to vpower,will this damage my engine?

No worries whatsoever. You can mix any brand and RON 95, 97 and V-Power with no ill-effects. It's likely that all the brands come from the same base stock anyway. Just don't fill Ron 92 (if you can find it) - it's below the recommended minimum for E90s.

haha, sounds like a jigsaw puzzle with many missing pieces to a weak mind like mine.. plenty of money to be grabbed by the smart ones.. :eek:

Must it be online? Or can it be something like the Touch'NGo architecture where u can use it to pay for your bus ticket, on the bus? No VSAT there.. :rolleyes:

Schwepps;443534 said:
No worries whatsoever. You can mix any brand and RON 95, 97 and V-Power with no ill-effects. It's likely that all the brands come from the same base stock anyway. Just don't fill Ron 92 (if you can find it) - it's below the recommended minimum for E90s.

My manual (325i) states the absolute minimum as RON91, while stating that our nominal performance figures are based on RON98 fuel.

Ron 95 & Ron 97

Mixed half tank each type last week, can't feel any difference anyway.

Traveler;443580 said:
My manual (325i) states the absolute minimum as RON91, while stating that our nominal performance figures are based on RON98 fuel.

I stand corrected. But 91-92 is too low anyway unless you're desperate. :)

A friend tested the RON95 in his N52, comment was low rev range not much difference but beyond 4k rpm, the RON95 run out of breath compared to RON97 which shoot straight into the ECU interception zone.. :eek:

Sounds like timing retarded to me.. use can use la. car won't spoil.

etquah;443595 said:
Mixed half tank each type last week, can't feel any difference anyway.

because you are not racun yet by the gang..

btw, how do u mix half n half? or is it done at 2 different timing?

yeah like what treveler said, our car rated power are based on ron98...so even on 97 now we wont get the best out of our engine let alone ron95..

i haven't install any performance parts on my car, so the least i can do to atleast gain as much power out of the engine is by using the v-power...its relatively the cheapest mod one can get

racheltoh;443670 said:
because you are not racun yet by the gang..

btw, how do u mix half n half? or is it done at 2 different timing?

my tank was 1/2 Ron 97. so decided the other 1/2 with Ron 95 since I passed by the Sg Rasah toll. Only Shell Station with Ron 95 I think at this moment. Testing la.

No la, I just filled up with V-Power at Eastin Shell. Contest forms sudah habis!

Schwepps;447319 said:
No la, I just filled up with V-Power at Eastin Shell. Contest forms sudah habis!

I filled up with V-Power last weekend, 12 forms (RM120+ = 4 forms x 3). Filled up forms until my hand got tired... I figure before RON97 goes to RM2 and V-power goes to who knows what price, I might as well take advantage of it and use it on the club drive to Singapore :D

Traveler...they still staple the 12 forms + receipt together.....hope u win...i write 3 forms also sudah letih

Hokay! Will go the one near Eastin then..... Aiyo! I fill up 2 forms also tangan sudah penat!

i just fill up the first form and staple the rest together with empty form...will that count?

glock_8;447382 said:
i just fill up the first form and staple the rest together with empty form...will that count?

No la, don't think so bro. I think they verify the no of forms against the receipt and then split it up, because it's basically a lucky draw. Being a past winner (only RM300, but a cheap thrill nonetheless :) ) I have incentive to try summore. I think I've filled in almost 100 forms, hahaha! :p

Top Bottom