TT for 7's

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
elwine30;618135 said:
Just keep the M30 optimum i.e ensure no air leaks, spark plugs are good, plug cables, rotor, fuel regulator, fuel filter, vacum hoses.

However, if you want your M30 730i to perform better, there are some tricks to it (and i have some spares). ;)

I'm all ears...:biggrin:

Planning to do as advised..valve clearances, spark plug change, fuel regulator & filter..then later tuning by Kevster..:4:

So what else can be done..he he he..

Cheers :)

gregcwho;618179 said:
I'm all ears...:biggrin:

Planning to do as advised..valve clearances, spark plug change, fuel regulator & filter..then later tuning by Kevster..:4:

So what else can be done..he he he..

Sooner or later, I can't even catch up with you anymore la Greg... :4:

Greg,

Some upgrades that I used to do

1) Injectors (try to use the 3.5 injectors instead)
2) Use 3.5 crank/bottom

But do the above by Kev 1st before the little upgrade.

The 7 tts are now improving...from tcss, we are stresing more on technical, car testing, advises, etc...keep it up guys!this is what a car club should be. The advise given by the master Kev really works!

Yeah, me too.... Unfortunately for me, the improvements needed all must spend money, I was hoping for something like eggie, just adjust screw can get +10hp. So the morning after, sent my 38, changed the valve. Guess what? The braking did not improve, found out that my disc has warped. Alamak.... What else change la. Now car stop like TRON. What keV said is true. We have dual stage brakes. When slow, you jamm the brakes la, brake like tak makan, but at high speed...

So monday will have to change crank sensor and timing sensor for 36 See got improvement or not. 36 never driven like that before..... At least now I know the potential.... Thanks Kevster

rubes72;618290 said:
yeah... I meant cam sensor as well, have you changed yours?

Yes! A one hour job, rm40 labour. It cost me rm195 at bavarian auto...thats the first thing u should do tomorow...

So how did u find the performance after that 1 change?Guess your car must be super smooth & responsive now..he he he :)

elwine30;618267 said:
Greg,

Some upgrades that I used to do

1) Injectors (try to use the 3.5 injectors instead)
2) Use 3.5 crank/bottom

But do the above by Kev 1st before the little upgrade.

Wow thanks alot for that piece of information..does that change the fuel consumption compared to the 3.0 injectors? And just wondering how does the 3.5 crank/bottom help? Sorry if a bit noob here..

Going back from TT the other nite my gearbox refused to shift out of 1st..had to manually shift gears but max was 3.A quick consult with Kevster indicated gear box in limp mode..suggested to disconnect the batt overnite to rest the computer..

Joke was I locked up the car & couldn't get in the next morning! Ha ha ha...had to consult the forum to find out how to open it up..will be doing that tomorrow nite after I get back fr Delhi..ran out of time yesterday so my wife had to send me to airport..sheesh..

YaZmEeN;618279 said:
The 7 tts are now improving...from tcss, we are stresing more on technical, car testing, advises, etc...keep it up guys!this is what a car club should be. The advise given by the master Kev really works!

I echo what Yazmeen said...many many thanks to all you guys esp Kev & Elwin for the E32/M30 information gold nuggets but also to all the others for the racun (never knew so many ways to do up the car..rims,bodywork,lights etc..) & also the racun for E38...ha ha ha..:biggrin:

But the best of all is the camaradie I feel with all of you guys when we meet up..all walks of life with 1 passion..namely our rides..

Cheers:)

rubes72;618288 said:
Yeah, me too.... Unfortunately for me, the improvements needed all must spend money, I was hoping for something like eggie, just adjust screw can get +10hp. So the morning after, sent my 38, changed the valve. Guess what? The braking did not improve, found out that my disc has warped. Alamak.... What else change la. Now car stop like TRON. What keV said is true. We have dual stage brakes. When slow, you jamm the brakes la, brake like tak makan, but at high speed...

So monday will have to change crank sensor and timing sensor for 36 See got improvement or not. 36 never driven like that before..... At least now I know the potential.... Thanks Kevster

Rubes, where got add +10 HP! Even more la! :24:

YaZmEeN;618291 said:
Yes! A one hour job, rm40 labour. It cost me rm195 at bavarian auto...thats the first thing u should do tomorow...
That was the plan until got admitted in hospital for muscle pull. Looks like Tuesday then

gregcwho;618428 said:
Wow thanks alot for that piece of information..does that change the fuel consumption compared to the 3.0 injectors? And just wondering how does the 3.5 crank/bottom help? Sorry if a bit noob here..

Going back from TT the other nite my gearbox refused to shift out of 1st..had to manually shift gears but max was 3.A quick consult with Kevster indicated gear box in limp mode..suggested to disconnect the batt overnite to rest the computer..

Joke was I locked up the car & couldn't get in the next morning! Ha ha ha...had to consult the forum to find out how to open it up..will be doing that tomorrow nite after I get back fr Delhi..ran out of time yesterday so my wife had to send me to airport..sheesh..

Hope everything's fine Greg. Limp mode on the way back? Must've been one helluva session on Friday.. :p

gregcwho;618431 said:
I echo what Yazmeen said...many many thanks to all you guys esp Kev & Elwin for the E32/M30 information gold nuggets but also to all the others for the racun (never knew so many ways to do up the car..rims,bodywork,lights etc..) & also the racun for E38...ha ha ha..:biggrin:

But the best of all is the camaradie I feel with all of you guys when we meet up..all walks of life with 1 passion..namely our rides..

Cheers:)

Greg, itching for E38 already? :4:

And yes, now I realised just how much I needed to do just to make my E32 even more decent. Useless boot hinges/springs, bonnet adjustment out, fungus in the headlights, missing toolkit... Aiyo... Really Banyak Makan Wang... :p

rubes72;618442 said:
That was the plan until got admitted in hospital for muscle pull. Looks like Tuesday then

Woo...what happened lah Rubes? Strain from too much contorting?:24:

gregcwho;618478 said:
Woo...what happened lah Rubes? Strain from too much contorting?:24:

Thats why need to warm up first la like golf.. Then can get hole in one..

gregcwho;618426 said:
So how did u find the performance after that 1 change?Guess your car must be super smooth & responsive now..he he he :)

The feeling is now like we just bought the car 13 years ago...enjoy it every moment now :)

gregcwho;618428 said:

Bro, just let me know if u need some helping hands

rubes72;618442 said:

Ur muscle or the car? if urs, can be more specific which one...?dun make me get it wrong :p

badrul880;618480 said:
Thats why need to warm up first la like golf.. Then can get hole in one..

The golfers will know this better :D

gregcwho;618428 said:

Hi Greg,

There is a special way to unlock your door for E32. You need to lift the handle and turn the key either to the full left or full right. This method is used when your battery is DEAD.

For the injectors, M30 always a fuel guzzle and pretty hard to make it fuel efficient. However, having a bigger cc injector actually don't take much petrol of what you are consuming at the moment but gives you more power.

The crank and bottom part, it will give you a hybrid power of 3.5cc. But I wouldn't recommend that actually, best to upgrade straight to 3.5cc. The injector path is much easier and cheaper as well because you don't need to open up engine. And also when you upgrade the 3.5cc injectors, upgrade the fuel regulator as well.

Top Bottom