TT for 7's

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
badrul880;613888 said:
Got them Alpines quite cheap at RM1500 show unit. I use the Boston component in front and Nakamichi 6" 2 way for the rear and the bass is supplied by the 12" inch sub. The Alpine MRV300 Amp is a 4 channel unit. So it amplifies the front and sub only. The Nakamichi rear speaker is powered by the head unit. I don't seat in the rear seats so Im not to bothered on how it sounds there. From the front, its is just superb. Total spent plus Panasonic retro style head unit and installation is close to 5k.

Yeah exactly. I tend to drive alone most of the time, or with my gf, and rarely carry any passengers so most of the time, I'd be blasting the music mildly, but not as loud as Doc la in his 320d... :4:

But at night, I never switch on any music cos I tend to prefer listening to my sweet engine roaring... :love:

RM 5K for a full sound system job. Hmm. Money well spent... I think I need some sifu to diagnose my car's sound system... :p

You may not need a huge 12" or 15" sub to satisfy your taste as I listen to R&B and Rap it requires such a woofer to deliver a solid thump. In most cases a 10" sub will suffice. Invest on a good 4 channel amp, a good front component speakers and a sub, you'll be happy with what you get.

badrul880;613902 said:
You may not need a huge 12" or 15" sub to satisfy your taste as I listen to R&B and Rap it requires such a woofer to deliver a solid thump. In most cases a 10" sub will suffice. Invest on a good 4 channel amp, a good front component speakers and a sub, you'll be happy with what you get.

But how come ur Bella very the stock standard...?hehehe. sudah tua ka?

badrul880;613888 said:
Got them Alpines quite cheap at RM1500 show unit. I use the Boston component in front and Nakamichi 6" 2 way for the rear and the bass is supplied by the 12" inch sub. The Alpine MRV300 Amp is a 4 channel unit. So it amplifies the front and sub only. The Nakamichi rear speaker is powered by the head unit. I don't seat in the rear seats so Im not to bothered on how it sounds there. From the front, its is just superb. Total spent plus Panasonic retro style head unit and installation is close to 5k.

Kaya, Kaya, Kaya..... Bad Orang kaya

badrul880;613902 said:

True, but 10" will give you hard base..... Most important component is your HU. Then amps.... Because if any of those bad, then you will be amplifying the noise..... If you want to save on speaker cost.... Get an active crossover, then you can tune the sound according to your speakers

rubes72;614570 said:
True, but 10" will give you hard base..... Most important component is your HU. Then amps.... Because if any of those bad, then you will be amplifying the noise..... If you want to save on speaker cost.... Get an active crossover, then you can tune the sound according to your speakers

Wow, heavy technical lingo stuff here. :top: Appreciate the tips that are being shared here on the sound system. Hehe. Where would be a great outlet to do such transformation to my standard speakers? :p

For Mpower Kicker type set up.....Vtex in Taipan. For super duper quality work, Auto Gadget in KD

ssmann;614574 said:
For Mpower Kicker type set up.....Vtex in Taipan. For super duper quality work, Auto Gadget in KD

Thanks for the info Serjit! I am seriously on a tight budget here when talking about upgrading my sound systemo...

Eggie86;614572 said:
Wow, heavy technical lingo stuff here. :top: Appreciate the tips that are being shared here on the sound system. Hehe. Where would be a great outlet to do such transformation to my standard speakers? :p[/QUOTE
Klang Andalas Sonic Sound.... Suggest you go in stages if budget tight..... You may want to go for speakers and amps first. if you willing to spend 1.5K, get Sony progressive 4 channel amps cost RM700 isn't the best but worth the price. Component speakers with passive crossover Cervin Vega 5 1/4 " with dome tweeters about RM 800. If you want really cheap.... go Brothers... you get cheap to mid range, but don't install there, they do a crappy job. What system you have now? and how much you willing to spend?

rubes72;614606 said:
Klang Andalas Sonic Sound.... Suggest you go in stages if budget tight..... You may want to go for speakers and amps first. if you willing to spend 1.5K, get Sony progressive 4 channel amps cost RM700 isn't the best but worth the price. Component speakers with passive crossover Cervin Vega 5 1/4 " with dome tweeters about RM 800. If you want really cheap.... go Brothers... you get cheap to mid range, but don't install there, they do a crappy job. What system you have now? and how much you willing to spend?

Thanks Rubes. Mine's stock standard, except for the HU. Changed the ori radio to a Pioneer system a couple of years ago. Speakers still the same as original. Cannot really set volume too high lest the speakers start blaring and have that breaking sound.

Doing it in stages would be a great idea. You referring to overall budget, or my budget for each stage? :p

Eggie86;614572 said:
Wow, heavy technical lingo stuff here. :top: Appreciate the tips that are being shared here on the sound system. Hehe. Where would be a great outlet to do such transformation to my standard speakers? :p

U can try the CN audio in sec 9 shah alam. Look for Kelvin the taukeh. Recommended by Alpine authorized dealer...

Eggie86;614576 said:
Thanks for the info Serjit! I am seriously on a tight budget here when talking about upgrading my sound systemo...

Bro, i can see only the word 'tight' la..wonder if a girl saying that she's tight....heheh

Anyway, i have a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp, with changeable crossover card for both channel, and a two channel Sony amp, bridgeable. Those are my old set before i change to my current setup. If u take both, i'll give u my pre amp(ayam brand but ok lah) FOC. Price? we can talk later..at least it can save u some $$$

Cheers bro

YaZmEeN;615145 said:
U can try the CN audio in sec 9 shah alam. Look for Kelvin the taukeh. Recommended by Alpine authorized dealer...

Bro, i can see only the word 'tight' la..wonder if a girl saying that she's tight....heheh

Anyway, i have a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp, with changeable crossover card for both channel, and a two channel Sony amp, bridgeable. Those are my old set before i change to my current setup. If u take both, i'll give u my pre amp(ayam brand but ok lah) FOC. Price? we can talk later..at least it can save u some $$$

Cheers bro

Hahaha... That's very kind of you bro... Will discuss with you on the pricing. Boleh muat E32??? Can always reach you via whatsapp. :p

cum cum....my target for this year is to make all my friends' ride to be a killer one!

Yeap, pre-AGM TT time this week......

Date: 18th March 2011
Time: 9pm onwards
Venue: Teak Lifestyle, Mutiara Damansara

I'll be there: -

1. Eggie
2. Ssmann

Wow, cepatnyer taruh my name there. Haha. Guess I'll have to attend the TT then since my classes clashes with the AGM this Saturday.

Top Bottom