Trigger Alarm sound with key fob E90 LCI

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

lipquan

Club Guest
Dear all, Is there a way we can activate our UDM alarm with key fob?I was told that by holding the boot button for more than 5 secs will initiate, i tried...but no response...

That's because our UDMs have no alarm. ;)

You seem to like multifunction key fobs. :) Your standard key fob can lock, unlock, open the boot, open/close all the windows; and that's it. It also holds your personal settings profile and maintenance parameters.

Apparently it's optional and not offered by our local distributors. I posted about it before. It could have used the horn which does not require a separate alarm speaker module. 0 hardware cost adder.

No idea why local distributors skimmed on such basic & useful function.

Less is more.. :D :D

If really want top notch security, u can try the Cobra system that's OEM for E90 Europe. All wiring and sockets are standard for E90, satellite tracking with call center round the clock monitoring and u can set perimeter fencing for the car i.e. engine can't start when travel out Klang valley and stuffs. U can lock/unlock the car even if you are in another country! :eek:

Agree with both you guys. Horn alarms are old tech, annoying, and very useless as security. Our key fobs with their random codes are such high security anyway that our cars are more likely to get hijacked than stolen. ;)

Ar... here we go again. One man's meat is another man's poison. You can give some basic respect and need not give reasons to discredit other people's need or feedback even though because you find no use of it. Not that the feature will annoy you also if you never press the boot knob >5sec.

One good usage of a horn as alarm is simple & cost effective way to locate the car. Or maybe to frighten off some animal, or .... up to one's imagination and need. Not everything has to do with security.

Its a mentality shift.

I understand the trouble for not being able to hear the "beep~beep". But I'm use to it now as given a choice, like our turn indicator lit when unlocking the car. I disabled the feature in the OBC because I don't want to crooks to be alerted by the turn signal and getting ready to pounce on me when unlocking the car in a dark car park. Moreover, my missy uses the car most of the time and she's very vulnerable to such risk.

Don't be sensitive viewfinder, we're not discrediting anyone. But like you can give reasons why you want it, we can give reasons why we don't. :)

Like Astro, I disable any indications that I'm unlocking my car. It's probable that highjackers wait for such signs when looking for victims. When I'm woken up at night by someone's car alarm going off, do I bother to get up and look out the window to see if anything is going on? I must admit, I just curse and stuff a pillow over my ears. I reckon most people are the same.

AB,

We're not talking about the 'beep-beep' each time you unlock car door. You're mixing up 2 different topics. But hey I just learned from you that the turn indicator blinking can be disabled... I'll probably do the same.

What we're talking about is a constant 'beep-beep-beep-beep-....'. But only if the boot knob is pressed >5sec. Not each time you unlock car door. And the car doors are not unlocked. I presume to disable the constant beep is to repeat the 5sec key knob pressing.

Schwepps;510446 said:
Don't be sensitive viewfinder, we're not discrediting anyone. But like you can give reasons why you want it, we can give reasons why we don't. :)

Like Astro, I disable any indications that I'm unlocking my car. It's probable that highjackers wait for such signs when looking for victims. When I'm woken up at night by someone's car alarm going off, do I bother to get up and look out the window to see if anything is going on? I must admit, I just curse and stuff a pillow over my ears. I reckon most people are the same.

It's not that having the feature on your car create actual annoyance to you. If you never press it >5sec, you probably never realize there's such a feature. Just like if someone for some reason dislike the window auto wind up feature (hijackers reason probably), just never press and hold the key knob. The guy started a thread asking why it does not work... then most of the replies given were not to the point but rather reasons given to the original poster that he/she probably should not be posting about it in the 1st place. Moot point that we should continue writing it.

My X perdana i just disconnected the alarm speaker so everytime theres a trigger only the lights blinking without sound...dont know why but i like it that way, its called personal preferrances..

Friend, no offence but the 1st reply was to explain to lipquan why the key fob doesn't trigger an alarm. The 2nd reply started the going OT. Take a look. :)

Hehe... I just talk whatever I wish.. :p if not relevant, just ignore please.. :D :D

Information sharing is always interesting, every1 benefit from the process. But end of the day, must be a gentlemen to agree to disagree lor.. :wink:

interesting pros and cons of alarm. i would rather have it and able to disable then NOT have it at all. one advantage i can see is that the alarm going off WILL deter someone who is trying to steal SOMETHING in ur car rather than driving it off.
Another advantage is you will be awaken if ur car is broken into or attempt is made to break into, assuming ur car is within earshot.
A third advantage (applies overseas) is u get discount on insurance premiums if ur car has an alarm.
SO, if u ask me, BMW should've have included this basic feature as standard on all cars sold in bolehland, or at the very least, give buyers a CHOICE to include this option.

LOOLOOLOLOOOLLLOLOL...
U ppl are funny... Thanks for the information given. Now only i know that my E90 LCI doesnt have an alarm :-(
Driving is Joy...

Of course we're funny! We're also very wise because we knew that your next question would be: WHY no alarm? So we reprised a robust debate that we already had a few moons ago, to inform...and entertain you. Don't worry, a joust with Viewy is relatively tame. Wait till Astro and I agree to disagree, then you'll see fireworks! :D

bimmerdude;510494 said:
interesting pros and cons of alarm. i would rather have it and able to disable then NOT have it at all. one advantage i can see is that the alarm going off WILL deter someone who is trying to steal SOMETHING in ur car rather than driving it off.
Another advantage is you will be awaken if ur car is broken into or attempt is made to break into, assuming ur car is within earshot.
A third advantage (applies overseas) is u get discount on insurance premiums if ur car has an alarm.
SO, if u ask me, BMW should've have included this basic feature as standard on all cars sold in bolehland, or at the very least, give buyers a CHOICE to include this option.

agree with u...country like europe, they fitted the alarm as an option...guess it will be too expansive if bmw msia were to fit it...this CAT 1 Tatchem certified immobilizer and alarm system also reduces the insurance premium if fitted in the car for country like UK.

the sirent this alarm produces is of higher pitch than the al cheapo brothers alarm does. so if its fitted than its a bonus..plus it can be muted if u like it that way....better to have an option right:rock:

Top Bottom