Took my Quiksilver out on the park and 'balik kampung' recently

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
initialM;771064 said:
E36 M3 ka?

I rather not say bro hehehe :4: Blardy JPJ system been offline since last friday so she's not officially mine yet :( ... once done will definitely update this thread.

Continuing on the last update:-

So after changing the hydraulic tensioner to a mechanical tensioner ... The engine sounded really funny (actually been like that for a god couple of months) weird flapping sound during idle. The mech then disconnect the disa and the sound is gone. He then took out the DISA and it was discovered that then pin that holds the DISA is almost dislodged but the spring action of the flap is still sturdy and provides ample resistance which means that it's still fine except for the pin that holds the flap. Since no budget he uses a super glue to hold the pin in place and it works like a charm lol

IMAG1360-1.jpg

IMAG1361-1.jpg

Also the car has been leaking SMG fluid but we know it's not the actuator and it's not the hydraulic pipe ... something else is causing the leak. Since it's less than a week before raya we decided to top up the SMG fluid until wednesday next week when the shop re-open.

So on the 1st day of Raya the car will not engage 1st gear :( Apparently the SMG is bone dry of hydraulic fluid ... Well at least it broke down in front of the house and not on the road for that i'm extremely grateful :top:

Come Wednesday called up AAM
IMG-20120822-01168.jpg

Refill back the SMG fluid at the workshop and she's fine as dandy lol

Since it workshop still busy rescheduled next week where we will take down the gearbox for inspection.

So come Monday the mech proceeded to take down the gearbox and upon inspection the small bleeder nut on the actuator was loose to the touch and that's what causing the massive SMG leak ... I was so angry and felt relief at the same time that a small thing as a nut can cause massive problem. So we tighten the nut and refilled the SMG fluid.

Actuatorbleedernut.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

Mating the gearbox back can be a real PITA unless you know how lol
IMAG1262.jpg

After putting back the gear box, the drive shaft and the exhaust i took the opportunity to replace the DISA valve ... Bought from BA for RM710

IMAG1267.jpg

Close up of the DISA valve
IMAG1269.jpg

Installed :rock: One of the symptoms is when you have a lean codes for bank 1&2 besides the flapping noise
IMAG1270.jpg

After that alhamdulillah there's no major issue however there after a bit of checking we discoevered there is an oil residue on the edges of the valve cover which means valve cover gasket (VCG) needs to be changed. Might do that a bit later and change the spark plug as well since we're there already.

haywire;771247 said:
Aiyo ini macam punya maintenance boleh bikin pengsan woo

Yup ... It's been a nightmare for me. One after another and the best part it all happened during my car 10th anniversary (Aug 2002) which also falls on Ramadhan. I've spent all of my budget and savings for Raya on the car terus tak jadi nak buat open house LOL I thank my lucky stars that i've got an understanding wife lol

Great wife to be able to understand us husband with high passion for their cars, I am just glad mine too as understanding as your wife bro. Lucky us lol.....

MadZiZ;771264 said:
Great wife to be able to understand us husband with high passion for their cars, I am just glad mine too as understanding as your wife bro. Lucky us lol.....

Betul tu bro ... sumpah tak cari lain hahahahahaha

Yes, indeed.. They're very very UNDERstanding.. but don't UNDER-estimate them! haha : :34::cabotss:: :vroam:

B33mEr;771265 said:

tak cari lain? think that only applies to women. but if it was another car.....then its totally different hehehe :ridinghorse:

B33mEr;771265 said:

Jangan sumpah sumpah :)

Cari kereta lain takpe ye hehe. She will be fine in your hands dude. You have passion and determination.. i like :)
Congrats in advance. Now i need to delete something from my sig sob sob..

gendong;771314 said:
tak cari lain? think that only applies to women. but if it was another car.....then its totally different hehehe :ridinghorse:

Hahaha ... definitely bro :4:

enkil;771317 said:
Jangan sumpah sumpah :)

Cari kereta lain takpe ye hehe. She will be fine in your hands dude. You have passion and determination.. i like :)
Congrats in advance. Now i need to delete something from my sig sob sob..

Thanks bro will do my utmost best to care for her :love: Aiseh .. tak yah nak sob sob kalau hang nak bawak roger je aku anytime no hal ... Janji bila pulang balik tangki kena penuh wakakaka :4:

B33mEr;771371 said:
Thanks bro will do my utmost best to care for her :love: Aiseh .. tak yah nak sob sob kalau hang nak bawak roger je aku anytime no hal ... Janji bila pulang balik tangki kena penuh wakakaka :4:

Wah congrats bro. Another M in the house!

Congrat on new ///M3 Evo 3.2 6 speed manual. Sat in this car once drove by the owner. Awesome speed and handling.

aidilj;771374 said:
Wah congrats bro. Another M in the house!

Hehe .. thanks bro :4: Bila nak turun kl lagi bro? Would love to see your ride :love:

haywire;771378 said:
Ok la tu koyak poket maintenance, boleh beli M sejibik lagi...

Hehehe ... nasib baik loan lepas :4:

infinityKL;771395 said:
congrats brother .... ///mJoy...

Thank you bro :top: Hope to meet you up one of these days :4:

initialM;771397 said:
Congrat on new ///M3 Evo 3.2 6 speed manual. Sat in this car once drove by the owner. Awesome speed and handling.

Thanks bro :4: This drug called BMW is very addictive i don't think there's a cure for it lol :love:

when are you gonna test out ya ///M ... ? lotsa ppl waiting for it lorrr .....time to let it eat some smoke ..:)

ICEMAN 13;771501 said:
when are you gonna test out ya ///M ... ? lotsa ppl waiting for it lorrr .....time to let it eat some smoke ..:)

Haha ... test with who bro? Baru je dapat so am still in a learning stage so am not sure am ready for that plus it will need some tlc first lol

But my 330 is ready tho ;)

So today runner called and said the change has been done :4: So the car is now officially mine :rock:

Excited but also scared lol ... Will post pics tonight and make an introduction with story mori lol

B33mEr;771516 said:
Haha ... test with who bro? Baru je dapat so am still in a learning stage so am not sure am ready for that plus it will need some tlc first lol

But my 330 is ready tho ;)

that 330 i leave that for V-man to eat ....:)

B33mEr;771519 said:
So today runner called and said the change has been done :4: So the car is now officially mine :rock:

Excited but also scared lol ... Will post pics tonight and make an introduction with story mori lol

congrats bro ....wishing you all the best ...

Top Bottom