Took my Quiksilver out on the park and 'balik kampung' recently

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Nice and full of details there! How much does the water pump costs bro? Looking to replace mine soon too. Every bits of the cooling system have been replaced except that. :D

B33mEr;763861 said:
looking rough but i reckon still functional. What is interesting that the impeller is metal and NOT plastics as what is claimed by others on e46fanatics.
IMG-20120731-00911.jpg

This was the same finding for me when I changed my water pump. The impeller for the water pump taken out from my car is metal and not plastic as claimed by other sites. Imperller still looked good when i changed it.

initialM;763990 said:
Wow ori radiator and water pump can last 10 yrs. Who say BMW expensive?

Agreed bro ... Even though original BMW parts are expensive initially but because they're quality parts they last a long time thus if you average it out over the years it's pretty cheap actually. Case in point BMW battery it cost a bomb but they last for at least 5 years or more

wingzee;763992 said:
Nice and full of details there! How much does the water pump costs bro? Looking to replace mine soon too. Every bits of the cooling system have been replaced except that. :D

Thanks bro :4: The cost is RM120 from Bavarian Auto

Petrus;764003 said:
This was the same finding for me when I changed my water pump. The impeller for the water pump taken out from my car is metal and not plastic as claimed by other sites. Imperller still looked good when i changed it.

Yup and i reckon the rubber seal that will give way and cause leaking before the impeller or the inner parts starts to fail. I think my old water pump is good for at least 30-50k km. But it's good to change since it cost only RM100-120 ...

B33mEr;764118 said:
Case in point BMW battery it cost a bomb but they last for at least 5 years or more

My battery is still original one that came with the car in 2003

haywire;764148 said:
My battery is still original one that came with the car in 2003

Wah, thats great. i think mine is dying, engine failed to crank this morning..not sure mine is ori BMW battery or not

Part III

Sorry for the long hiatus on the update as a lot of things happened during that time and REALLY testing my patience and also my finance lol more on that later. Anyways on to the pics :4:

While we're that far might as well take off the throttle body and clean it ...
IMG-20120731-00956.jpg

After done cleaning of the throttle plate ...
IMG-20120731-00962.jpg

The Idle Control Valve ... This part is also blarrrdy expensive costing like RM600 if i''m not mistaken
IMG-20120731-00959.jpg

Manyak kotor worrrr
IMG-20120731-00960.jpg

After :)
IMG-20120731-00958.jpg

Now the BMC CDA airbox ... taking the screws off
IMG-20120731-00963.jpg

Spray with chemical ... though not recommended. Ideally you need to soak it in mild soap water and brush it lightly after drying it proper then apply the BMC oil to the filter but what the hell i don't have the kit nor i have the time lol
IMG-20120731-00966.jpg

After washing and drying...
IMG-20120731-00965.jpg

Also cleaned the MAF using CRC MAF Cleaner (sorry no pics)

Installed everything back
IMG-20120731-00964.jpg

Then clear the codes and the car ran great for couple of days UNTIL ........

Biler mau masuk 19" ni brader.. hehee :34:... Kasi cun melecun sikit si Quicksilver nii.. :top:

The car ran great for a couple of days when i realise the steering 'groan' whenever i turn the steering at parking speeds ... Open the bonnet lo and behold there's oil everywhere on the front of the engine ... Went back to Autobahn for diagnosis it was the power steering line leaking and you can't see the leak only when the line flex then you can see steering oil jetting out a small stream of oil. Adussss so change the line and i decided to change the power steering oil housing since the filter is integrated into the housing. No pics sorry

So everything was fine and dandy until not even one week later while driving i had the battery indicator light on the dashboard ... When back to autobahn and check the alternator is not charging adussssss .... cost of the alternator is RM850 new from Bavarian Auto which honestly surprises me greatly as i thought it would have cost around RM1200 or more.

The box
IMG-20120810-00992.jpg

The new alternator
IMG-20120810-00993.jpg

Comparing the old and new alternator which is exactly the same
IMG-20120810-00999.jpg

Installed :4: Notice the new power steering reservoir :love:
IMG-20120810-01007.jpg

Took the opportunity to change tensioner as well ... Originally mine came with hydraulic tensioner but my mech says the mechanical is better but i disagree. But due to time constrains i said ok anyway ... Pics of the mechanical tensioner and in the background pics of the old hydraulic tensioner
IMG-20120811-01022.jpg

I thought that's the end of it for now anyways but i was wrong again LOL

To be continued ......

Fireuz;770848 said:
Biler mau masuk 19" ni brader.. hehee :34:... Kasi cun melecun sikit si Quicksilver nii.. :top:

Hahahahaha ... maintenance pun tgh dok terkapai-kapai nie apatah lagi nak masuk 19" huhuhuhu :4:

Tengah dok cuba nak restore balik dia :love:

***4ple posted***

(Mintak maap ye bro, almaklonglah, tenet kat laut ni intermitent :63:)

Fireuz;770875 said:
***4ple posted***

(Mintak maap ye bro, almaklonglah, tenet kat laut ni intermitent :63:)

Haha ... no worries bro.

And yes i kept the old alternator which i plan to refurbish for spares. Hopefully it'll be just the carbon bush and nothing else :4:

Kasi update signature bro :p Can't wait to see your new monster updates..BTW, nice meeting you @ MMZ

V-Man;770901 said:
Kasi update signature bro :p Can't wait to see your new monster updates..BTW, nice meeting you @ MMZ

It was nice to meet you too bro ... Hope to meet you and sach on the next meet-up there's a lot of things i need to learn from both of you hehe

It's on the final stages now i.e. registration and final inspections once everything checks out god willing she will be mine and will definitely update the thread :4:

V-Man;770901 said:

Did I missed something here..?? Kasi story sket bro.. Berita akan lebih menarik jika disertakan dengan gambar-gambir.. hehe

Fireuz;770965 said:
Did I missed something here..?? Kasi story sket bro.. Berita akan lebih menarik jika disertakan dengan gambar-gambir.. hehe

Haha ... nothing much bro just that am in the process of acquiring another ride insyaAllah ... E36 je hehe :4:

Will post pics if everything checks out okay :4:

B33mEr;771007 said:
Haha ... nothing much bro just that am in the process of acquiring another ride insyaAllah ... E36 je hehe :4:

Congrats in advance bro!.. Can't wait to see her with awesome owner..:top:

B33mEr;771007 said:

E36 M3 ka?

Top Bottom