Took my Quiksilver out on the park and 'balik kampung' recently

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
bazet;705497 said:
good racuning :D 330 experience is something to behold

You should see how this beast remp-it during convoy. I bet the speed-trap camera can't even capture her on sight! haha....

B33mEr;376463 said:
Thanks bro :D

hehehe ... thanks bro :D kampung kat Selama, Perak ... belakang ada sungai and i was like a water hippo LOL berendam berjam-jam :top: :love:

wahhh org selama..
penah g mandi sungai kat sana...
nama apa ntah best suasana kampung rutin diorang g mandi sungai lagi

Fireuz;706379 said:
You should see how this beast remp-it during convoy. I bet the speed-trap camera can't even capture her on sight! haha....

Hahaha ... Jangan larr gitu bro aku drive ikut speed limit orang yang kat depan :p Harap-harap jangan la dapat surat cinta dari pdrm

armmar;706459 said:
wahhh org selama..
penah g mandi sungai kat sana...
nama apa ntah best suasana kampung rutin diorang g mandi sungai lagi

Memang best bro ... Kalau boleh tak nak balik KL hehehehe yang saya pergi tu Sungai Seputeh memang best sangat all the stress of city life just wash away ... Aiseh rindu laaa pulak hehehe

Bro, I just love to see all the convoys stickers that still remain on your car. And your car the only one with that look. Take a picture and share it here bro..! You'll inspire the others to do so, or at least to join the next convoy! :love:

Fireuz;707284 said:
Bro, I just love to see all the convoys stickers that still remain on your car. And your car the only one with that look. Take a picture and share it here bro..! You'll inspire the others to do so, or at least to join the next convoy! :love:

Hehehe thanks bro :4: ... Will post pics of the stickers after i wash my car hahaha haven't wash her since the convoy lol :4:

JFT63;707626 said:
Also havent peeled off mine since kulim drive..hehe..

It pains to peel it off right? Same with me hehehe

aidilj;707790 said:
Bro b33mer, dropping to say hi.. keep up the good work

Thank you bro :top: How you doing bro and how's the car?

Whenever you're in KL do let me know kita gi tt ... Nak menuntut ilmu nie hehehehe

B33mEr;708014 said:
Thank you bro :top: How you doing bro and how's the car?

Whenever you're in KL do let me know kita gi tt ... Nak menuntut ilmu nie hehehehe

Bro, I'm all good and the car is resting well awaiting parts for another project.

Will let you know bro, frequent KL but not much time to spare. Cheers.

B33mEr;707236 said:
Hahaha ... Jangan larr gitu bro aku drive ikut speed limit orang yang kat depan :p Harap-harap jangan la dapat surat cinta dari pdrm

Memang best bro ... Kalau boleh tak nak balik KL hehehehe yang saya pergi tu Sungai Seputeh memang best sangat all the stress of city life just wash away ... Aiseh rindu laaa pulak hehehe

so pe lg our next drive lar bro...sungai seputeh..hehehehehe

yat325;708864 said:
so pe lg our next drive lar bro...sungai seputeh..hehehehehe

Hehehe that's a great idea bro :top: InsyaAllah nanti saya reki2 jalan. On the way to selama memang best banyak corner hehehe

What i had thought a simple replacement of radiator cap actually turns out to be the expansion tank ... It had developed the same crack as before on my previous expansion tank
IMAG1077.jpg

So i got some extra budget i decided to buy a few replacement parts ...
IMAG1051.jpg

items in the pic above
1) Nissen Radiator
2) BMW coolant
3) Fuel filter
4) 2 x Pennzoil Fully Syn 5W-40 engine oil
5) Toyota rad coolant (bought it earlier b4 i knew BMW coolant cost a bit more)
6) Oil filter housing gasket
7) Aircond tensioner (the box in blue)

The Nissen radiator up close
IMAG1043.jpg

And then I bought engine thermostat and also expansion tank (no pics) ...

Went to my regular workshop with all the parts
IMAG1069.jpg

Pics of the old thermostat
IMAG1075.jpg

Putting in the distilled water and bmw coolant after changing the thermostat and expansion tank
IMAG1081.jpg

So here's the inetersting part ... Fuel filter my mech recommends to change it every year and here's the reason why
IMAG1072.jpg

Shocking!
IMAG1071.jpg

you can see the dirt residue on the pan!
IMAG1070.jpg

Installation done ...
IMAG1074.jpg

Additional work done was engine oil change, oil filter and oil filter housing gasket. What was NOT done was the radiator and the aircond tensioner there was not enough time really. I'll change the radiator together with the other hoses as recommended by bro jarance some other time :4:

Here's a tip for everyone ... Make sure you change the plastic bleeder screw AT LEAST once a year. When the mech bleed my radiator he inadvertently sheared of the screw resulting coolant leaking on the top hose and i found about it during rush hour in the evening!!! Because of that i had to change my top hose since part of the bleeder screw is stuck on the top hose. The bleeder screw is selling for RM12 if i'm not mistaken ...
17127510952.jpg

What we really need is this :4:
Brass_Bleeder_300.JPG

Next on the buying list would be radiator hoses that connects to the engine block, spark plugs, CCV plus hoses and suspension (that will be much later lah)

Yup preventive is the key bro :4:

In case if anyone missed it (posted this on ecc0's thread)... E46 330 5 speed gearbox with ESS TS2 supercharger tearing up the highway at 163mph. I'm sure with a 6th gear it would have gone higher 170+ The sound the SC combine with the magnaflow exhaust system is just orgasmic :love:

bro

that termostat housing ..better change to alu type ...

i had 4 of those brass bleeder screw but already gave out ...wished i had one for you ...good stuff to have

Bro,

How long did your expansion tank last? I just changed mine with all the cooling system hoses just as preventive maintenance too..

ICEMAN 13;722085 said:
bro

that termostat housing ..better change to alu type ...

i had 4 of those brass bleeder screw but already gave out ...wished i had one for you ...good stuff to have

Thanks bro ... Yup the brass bleeder screw definitely will save a lot of hassle and potentially saves a lot of money because once the plastic bleeder break into two it could be near impossible to retrieve the other lower half ...

Petrus;722795 said:
Bro,

How long did your expansion tank last? I just changed mine with all the cooling system hoses just as preventive maintenance too..

The 2nd one it lasted me about 1yr 7mth plus it's an ori expansion tank ... To be fair the car is driven 70-80% city traffic and 30% highways. From what i've read some suggested that BMW design the expansion tank to be the weakest link so as to protect other critical component in the radiator system. That's why it's a common item to fail :4:

bro for the e46 expansion tank it's pretty easy to see the sign of it's life getting to the end ...that water level dip stick will change it's colour from dark red to lightish brown ..that's the sign of the aeging expansion tank ... a good preventive way i would say ...wish such thing exist on e36's too

Top Bottom