Tinting your bimmer

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Mouse

Club Guest
Dear all, this is to share my experience, so u guys will be more careful when doing your tint.1) Before tinting it, make sure u wind all your 4 power window up and down infront of the workers to show them all your 4 power window is working well.2) After completing your tint, again do the above step infront of them to make sure everything is working.I went to a tint shop to get a set of Vkool70 all round, it took me 3 hours to get it done (I waited there). After that they told me not to wind down the 4 window in 48 hours to cure it properly. After 48 hours, I wind down each of the window to check the condition. Unfortunately my right passanger window half way wind down stuck there and heard a cracking sound (like your windscreen crack) after that cannot wind up and down anymore, just stuck in the middle (u can only hear the motor sound but window continue stuck in the middle). I am very sure all my window is fine before sending for tinting, just after 48 hours of tinting and window spoil. I went back to the tint shop to inform them the condition. They say got nothing to do with them coz they did not remove the door panel during installation, they only remove the window seal, so they claim its impossible because got no interior contact. Got it fix by changing the lifter for RM 380 at own cost. Saw the cable snap inside and the cable inside the roller all twisted. I am writing this not to blame them, but to inform all the members to take step 1 & 2 as precaution so that it will not happen to u. I THINK NOW U UNDERSTAND Y I ASK U GUYS TO PERFORM CHECK 1 & 2 AS MENTION ABOVE.Actually it benefits both party for the above check, incase after tinting and your window spoil, very big possibility its their fault. If after tinting and tested all your window is fine, but after few days your window spoil, then we cannot blame them coz we tested on the spot and its ok.

biasa tu bang

my friend E46 pasang the angel eye

then now he cannot adjust the light inside car of the panel

how?

gone case :(

2) After completing your tint, again do the above step infront of them to make sure everything is working.
How do you perform step 2, aren't you suppose not to operate your windows for 48hours or so?

this is why im scared to go to any accessories or tint shop....scared of regret forever....

u also put oledi in ur tag line

NO PAIN NO GAIN ma

wan sumtihng must test test n take risk

kekekek

Originally posted by leakwoon@Apr 27 2006, 11:03 PM
u also put oledi in ur tag line

NO PAIN NO GAIN ma

wan sumtihng must test test n take risk

kekekek
leakwoon...true also hah...have to change my tag la....got pain but no gain..ekekekek :D

Originally posted by LazyServer@Apr 27 2006, 09:38 PM
2) After completing your tint, again do the above step infront of them to make sure everything is working.
How do you perform step 2, aren't you suppose not to operate your windows for 48hours or so?
My 1st layer is Rike cool, 2nd layer.. i don't know the brand but 65% black..
They never asked me not to wind down or wait for 48hrs to wind down mw window. My tint is okay until now..

Maybe your window spoil and coincidently after you tint your car.. That is 1 of the common problem for E46.. :huh:

The clearance between the window seal and the glass is minimal in the E46. that could be why it got stuck easily especially with tint film. And the E46 power window module is similar to the one in the Proton Waja. Well, we all have heard bad things about the power window in the Waja, haven't we?

power windows (regulator) in the waja is STILL cheaper to replace.... ori and all!!! :D

My personal experience with power windows(for BMW E46 & older model)is that you have to from time to time you have to wind it down & up occasionally at least once a month...because if you left it too long unused it, deposit will built up & cause the motor stuck...or somethin like tht...you have to exercise it from time to time... :D

I got mine tinted at V kool HQ in PJ. On the morning I realized that driver's side window not working so I have to teach the technician to use the remote to wind down the window. Overall quality of their work is excellent. I am a very satisfy customer now. Back to the topic, they check every inch of your car before installation just like when you take it to service.

Sad fact is problems with the power window is a common thing with e46. I had replaced 8 (both my E46)!! Only yesterday I had the rear right passenger side replaced. The cable broke on Monday night and to think, I hardly wind down the rear windows. Perhaps it is a wide idea to occassionally wind them up and down.

From my experience with the power windows after having replaced 8 units, the first sign of problem is a soft rattling sound (not squeeking sound) from the door especially when you are driving over rough roads.

Top Bottom