The Avatar: Damn Syiok

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
What about i-Max ... heard about it but dont know whats so special? Anyone been there? How much?

ALBundy;484776 said:
At Cathay (The Curve), Citibank Clear Card holders get 1+1 free tickets! Gold and PLatinum tak laku!! Thats a pretty good deal, more so if you bringing the whole family :)

Thanks for the heads up bro... but dotter wants to go Pav for shopping too!!! Ini weekend sure koyak kow kow. Hahahaha

Was watching the promo on my 24inch Mac screen via Front Row, grinning ear to ear...

Something to ponder on....

The Movie - Avatar. This movie should be an eye opener for all Malaysians. Isnt this what is happening in East Malaysia i.e. Sabah and Sarawak? The Corporate companies building Dams, Logging Timbers, planting vast Palm Oil plantations while chasing and resettling the natives, out of their jungle in the name of modernizing their lives? These people are people of the jungle, where the jungle is their home...

In 1977, STAR WARS pushed the boundaries of Visual and Audio Effects in filmmaking, giving rise to the birth of Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) and Skywalker Sound, which continue to create awesome effects for movies even until today.

However, Star Wars did also leave its mark on a young James Cameron who thought "Why the hell didn't I think of this?" (It's on the bonus disc of the original trilogy, peeps)

Fast forward into the Tech world of James Cameron. Remember the water creature/spire of THE ABYSS? That would later evolve into the "polyalloy" liquid terminator in TERMINATOR 2. TITANIC amped things up, and now AVATAR has pushed the boundries of CGI to a whole new level, from the evolution of the CG characters in Dire Strait's "MONEY FOR NOTHING" video to Dr Aki Ross in "FINAL FANTASY" to Beowulf in "BEOWULF" and now to the Na'vi Jake Sulley in AVATAR.

A lot has happened since 1977, and a lot more is yet to come.

3-D High Definition Television, anyone? Pass the popcorn. :)

berserkdroid;485058 said:
In 1977, STAR WARS pushed the boundaries of Visual and Audio Effects in filmmaking, giving rise to the birth of Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) and Skywalker Sound, which continue to create awesome effects for movies even until today.

However, Star Wars did also leave its mark on a young James Cameron who thought "Why the hell didn't I think of this?" (It's on the bonus disc of the original trilogy, peeps)

Fast forward into the Tech world of James Cameron. Remember the water creature/spire of THE ABYSS? That would later evolve into the "polyalloy" liquid terminator in TERMINATOR 2. TITANIC amped things up, and now AVATAR has pushed the boundries of CGI to a whole new level, from the evolution of the CG characters in Dire Strait's "MONEY FOR NOTHING" video to Dr Aki Ross in "FINAL FANTASY" to Beowulf in "BEOWULF" and now to the Na'vi Jake Sulley in AVATAR.

A lot has happened since 1977, and a lot more is yet to come.

3-D High Definition Television, anyone? Pass the popcorn. :)

I am waiting for the day when I can have the 3D laser holographic deck with motion, sound and smell installed in a living room. 100% virtualization!!! Wooohoooo....

Now the next problem... the bar has been raised so high by James.. it would probably make all movies from now on become bored.. for a good few years..

astroboy;485115 said:
Now the next problem... the bar has been raised so high by James.. it would probably make all movies from now on become bored.. for a good few years..

Yes and no, there isn't much of a story in AVATAR. it's the visual story retelling..
And some simple movies and be very entertaining too...

astroboy;485115 said:

That's exactly what people said when Star Wars first came out.. But then we had loads of memorable and groundbreaking films after that too...

There is no limit to the depth of a visionary's imagination... Its just that sometimes the tools for making that vision a reality haven't had time to catch up, but once it does.. WOW! (eg Jurassic Park, Avatar)

fabianyee;485121 said:
Yes and no, there isn't much of a story in AVATAR. it's the visual story retelling..
And some simple movies and be very entertaining too...

Heh heh... "Dances with Smurfs"?

Am going to watch it tonight... finally! :)

Probably the last person in Malaysia who has not watched it! So hard to get tickets here in Penang especially only one cinema is showing it in 3D.

better late than never...you'll be one of the millions who helped james cameron make another history =)

So guys ... after watching Avatar ... any other latest movie that u would like to recommend?

Anyway, minus the special effect ... my favourite move of all time is Lord or the Ring 1 2 3 ...

I say, imagine Lord of the Rings 1 was in 3D....that part where they're jumping around underground while the "bridge" is collapsing would've been pretty awesome...

Believe it or not, Avatar was my first 3D experience, watched in Sunway Pyramid. Though my eyes hurt a bit, it is a movie to remember! =)

Shrek 3D coming soon... The trailer was shown when I went to watch AVATAR.. And rumours has it Ironman 2 could be in 3D too..

taggnas;485291 said:
Am going to watch it tonight... finally! :)

Probably the last person in Malaysia who has not watched it! So hard to get tickets here in Penang especially only one cinema is showing it in 3D.

So whats your comment Bro?

Top Bottom