The 320d Sports E90 LCI thread

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
If you can afford, it, I'd say, "Go for it!". Your consideration is hardly stupid. It's a very good car. A better and hardier engine if you compare it against the 320i. I'm driving an E90 320i and if I knew that the diesel variant was available, I might have bought that one instead. I especially like the Limited Edition one with the nice steering wheel!

Of course, a big consideration is what you'd get for your car to finance the new one. But if money ain't an issue.....

nickyow;483642 said:
ok guys...this may sound stupid, but m actually 'considering' selling my 2007 E90 for a 320d...pre-registered...emm, no push factor, jst that i saw the car and fell in love...and that power! but...any advice?!

don't blame you. the 320d torque push is just too good to deny, even better kick than 325i sport. :top:.
the cabin and dash materials are ok but looks really 'empty' and do not justify the price. in Malaysia of course. :thumpdown:

ya...i agree with what bro's here said...if affordability is not a problem, then there's no reason y u should not trade in ur 320i...320d is a very good performance sedan...for me i dun mind that the car doesnt come with the i-drive bcoz me myself is the kind of driver that puts performance above other things...

when u floor the gas , the response of the car, the acceleration, the torque never fails to put a big smile on ur face...:) think about it....its genuine sheer driving pleasure evryday:top:

tested my friend's 320d yesterday, feels very powerful from 40-100 kmh. hate the diesel engine sound though.

the diesel engine sound is my main drawback...u paid good money for the car but sure u dun want it to sound like a lorry next to u while at the traffic lights rite?
Ennui78: u were spot on on the Ltd Edition. I was eyeing on it as well...the steering wheel is cool and the carbon fibre rear spoiler and wing mirrors...OMG...*drooling*

anyway, i have asked for the test drive car for a weekend...they r arranging for it...=P. once i get it...it's either penang m heading to or lion city!!!

Route to Penang: lots of nice curves. But speed traps aplenty from Taiping to Tapah. Rather irritating.

Route to SGP: lots of straights....... convenient but a tad boring.

Besides, Penang has MUCH better food. You can drive for miles but hey, you gotta eat!

Hi , I got a 320d a few weeks ago and very satisfied with the car. Innitially wanted to buy the 325 but didnt take much thingking to get the 320d instead when I tested it. Its about 50k cheaper some more. However, the set back over the 325 is the Idrive and the sweet engine sound. Other than that I would give higher marks to the 320d. The fc is aso great. For rm100 , Iget about 750 to 800 mixed driving and about 900 to 950 highway. But I really tekan 160 to 180 all the way.

supersonic;483970 said:
Hi , I got a 320d a few weeks ago and very satisfied with the car. Innitially wanted to buy the 325 but didnt take much thingking to get the 320d instead when I tested it. Its about 50k cheaper some more. However, the set back over the 325 is the Idrive and the sweet engine sound. Other than that I would give higher marks to the 320d. The fc is aso great. For rm100 , Iget about 750 to 800 mixed driving and about 900 to 950 highway. But I really tekan 160 to 180 all the way.

totally agreed with u, i am driving a 320d too, got it on nov 2009, love it SOOOOOOOOO much, went to Club med cherating, and genting for 2 times, i can catch every car i want, hahahah!! talking about the engine sound, i don't really care~~imagine the feeling when u step on ur gas pedal :love: no word can use to express... in European countries, most of them are driving diesel cars which is more cleaner to our environment, thumb up for DIESEL cars~~~~:top:

Actually the engine sound can hardly hear from inside. I fetch a friend and he didnt know it is a diesel until i told him haha. But i can feel the engine roar in my steering when i accelerate. I find it to be a very sporty feeling. but at a constant speed the engine is very smooth. cant tell the diff with the petrol version.

1 more good thing abt turbo diesel is that the ecu can be remap to to get more power. I read in the Superchips website that the engine can easily remap to 220hp and 450nm. the fc after the remap will be even better. thats quite interesting. But better not to try until warranty over hehehe

the ltd edition 320d, wats so special abt the steering?
they giving out with the performance steering wheel???

wow..... i like that steering alot...
one person quoted me it for abt 4k sgd inclusive installation...

yea man...the steering wheel is a major draw factor! anyway, wif our govt's unpredictable stand on the petrol subsidy, i think it's not a bad ides to change to a 320d now...

go for it~
go for it~
i think there is a promotion now for CNY, please go and take a look for those who are interested :top:
hopefully u can have a good deal and get it b4 CNY!!

The torque is intoxicating!

My next car will be a BMW turbo diesel....

Makko;485224 said:
go for it~
go for it~
i think there is a promotion now for CNY, please go and take a look for those who are interested :top:
hopefully u can have a good deal and get it b4 CNY!!

I've been to check out the 320d just recently..so far there are no discounts as yet for this year.What they hv is either a low interest rate of 2.38% or overtrade rm5000.
Oh yeah,there's that rm2000 extra where they equip the car with sports pedals,gearknob,handbrake and black kidney grille.Oh,and there's the FUGLY stripe that runs the side of the car,front to back.

Anyone knows of any upcoming promotions? Do tell..

sharp;485874 said:
that sticker must go though.... nabeh... dem ugly

Yup..agreed! What were they thinking.. I'd rather have something else,paddleshifters perhaps?

Let's face it, this is the last hurrah of the big petrol bangers. Enjoy your 6-pot while you can. The next generation of cars will all be turbocharged small 4-pots (or less), turbocharged diesels, hybrids, and whatever else is coming.

My next car will probably be a diesel too, but it's too early. There needs to be more choices than only the 320d.

Top Bottom