LCI 325i M-Sports. Solution to the harsh ride?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kevster30;524353 said:
Just replace your RFTs with normal tyres and leave everything else as it is.......Try the new Michelin Pilot Sports 3...excellent ride comfort with outstanding grip!

Heard PS3 many times actually. Gonna survey a bit now :)

BMWs;524436 said:
NCH,

Mine is 325. New stock absorbers. I will swap with you and take away all your worries :) Can swap your RFT's also. Mine's PS2.

Cheers

Isn't your 325i M-sport too? I thought all 325i here are.

NCH, have you checked your tire pressure? I got my car not long ago from Quill and assumed that tire pressure was at recommended settings. Very much the contrary, just discovered that all four tires were over inflated beyond the recommended pressure! If you read the 18" Bridgestones sidewall, (if I'm not mistaken) states that it is not recommended to inflate the tires beyond 40 psi. Much to my horror I found out that all four tires were at 48 psi!

After inflating the tires at recommended settings the ride is now completely different. Cringing while driving on road imperfections are a thing of the past now.

Go check your tires. If you have checked, well, then decide whether or not to change the tires and suspensions.

Cruzer;524528 said:
NCH, have you checked your tire pressure? I got my car not long ago from Quill and assumed that tire pressure was at recommended settings. Very much the contrary, just discovered that all four tires were over inflated beyond the recommended pressure! If you read the 18" Bridgestones sidewall, (if I'm not mistaken) states that it is not recommended to inflate the tires beyond 40 psi. Much to my horror I found out that all four tires were at 48 psi!

After inflating the tires at recommended settings the ride is now completely different. Cringing while driving on road imperfections are a thing of the past now.

Go check your tires. If you have checked, well, then decide whether or not to change the tires and suspensions.

Thanks Cruzer! Yes I assumed the tires are at optimum pressure because it's a new car haha i'll have a look! :)

After some extensive surveys, I think I can try changing the tyres to non-RFT. heard some good words about Michelin Pilot Sport 3 and some BCM members seem delighted with their decision. What am I gonna do with my original runflats? How much do you think I can sell them for? Mileage is only 1200km.

Does anyone have an M-sport with such tyres? Gimme a ride! :D

my e46 325i msport was fitted with michelin pilot sport series tyres.

the tyre is really soft and comfort. performance wise, it's the best among all the tyres i have tryied with my ride.
the only bad side of the tyre is pricing.

Top Bottom