Short Shift Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the diagram above is for the E30 318i M40 and not for the 6 pots E30. Like TJ explained that there are 2 types: 1)Metal plate and 2) aluminum rod.

The diagram is for those gearbix using the aluminum rod.

Originally posted by fabianyee@Dec 5 2005, 12:54 PM
the diagram above is for the E30 318i M40 and not for the 6 pots E30. Like TJ explained that there are 2 types: 1)Metal plate and 2) aluminum rod.

The diagram is for those gearbix using the aluminum rod.
no la! the diagram is for the late model E30 325i

aiyo, CT, not many are as skinny as you to go under the car to have a look........

i used to be able too.......
now cannot, maybe can ,but sure get stuck wan........

Originally posted by teejay@Dec 5 2005, 11:34 PM
aiyo, CT, not many are as skinny as you to go under the car to have a look........

i used to be able too.......
now cannot, maybe can ,but sure get stuck wan........
HA HA...now maybe can I lost 10 kgs...wanna know how in just 2 monts...get sick with a viral infection n have a caugh that allows you to sleep only 4 hrs a day while having to caught every few minutes...ops just went out of topic...

Hm...wad does short shifting do ? decrease shifting time right ? apart from that le ?

Originally posted by teejay@Dec 5 2005, 12:25 AM
so that means i get 2 free drinks....?..... yahooo!!!!

harry,
the diagram was to explain further my description of the bushes that need to be replaced, however that doesnt mean it will be ok, as i mention earlier, it cold also be part of the internal gear lever mech inside the gearbox itself, only way to confirm is to change the worn parts of the external shifter, then test if you still have the same problems

as for your reverse gear, symtoms of the internal lever/springs worn is highly possible, but you need to check your external lever parts to see if there are loose points coz it should be fairly easy to shift into gears if bushes are ok, and nuts and bolts are properly tighten down

again i would stress a renew of bushes, and do get the teflon ones from CT as it last forever, the rubber ones wears out after 1 year or so, after the changes, do give a feedback, if there is still some freeplay, i will then personally check it for further advise
if you refering to me... I not hairy.... :p

Thanks for the futher enlightenment... :eek:

I will pm you once I get it done...

when I change da short shift I will surely update you guys on da diff... :yes!:

It will take me awhile as at da moment I will b busy until da next year so happy new your to you guys and Merry Christmas before tat... :) :)

Happy hols :lazy: :lazy: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Originally posted by jumpman@Dec 12 2005, 02:14 AM
Hm...wad does short shifting do ? decrease shifting time right ? apart from that le ?
Well jumpman, from my unexperienced hear say ...it gives you a precise feel of gear shifting and yes it reduces da shifting distance...right?!? :blink:

Originally posted by siX PoTTer@Dec 13 2005, 01:00 AM

if you refering to me... I not hairy.... :p

hairy potter, hairy 6 potter, 6 hairy potter, potter's 6 is hairy, 6 potter full of hairy, potter hairy is 6, 6 hairy in a potter........

its getting late i better slept and hope i don't dream of hairies potteries

Top Bottom