ECU upgrade... time wasted

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
just install piggyback and remap my ecu.....damn it!!!!!!!!!!my HP increase by 24HP...22% increment.....hahahaha!!!!happy man!more info can PM me...

Originally posted by acs@Mar 3 2006, 12:44 AM
just install piggyback and remap my ecu.....damn it!!!!!!!!!!my HP increase by 24HP...22% increment.....hahahaha!!!!happy man!more info can PM me...
which model is your car?

i notice the torque graph, sides the graphics , physically, would the difference be very noticable or just slight improvement ?

aloooo...calvin tan...didnt recognise me ma!its me lor....WMS14.E36 coupe....ur spoiler was still wit me.....plan to come over to ur place 2day but...damn bz now....i let u know after why ....hehehe.will show u later...r u open on sunday?

Originally posted by acs@Mar 5 2006, 12:02 AM
aloooo...calvin tan...didnt recognise me ma!its me lor....WMS14.E36 coupe....ur spoiler was still wit me.....plan to come over to ur place 2day but...damn bz now....i let u know after why ....hehehe.will show u later...r u open on sunday?
Sunday cuti lah bro... :D

Originally posted by acs@Mar 3 2006, 12:44 AM
Err... pardon the ignorance but what do u mean by piggyback? :(

Originally posted by fabianyee@Mar 6 2006, 12:53 PM
SMT6 is one of the piggyback ECU which I am using

http://www.perfectpower.com/
Hi Fabian,
What's the price like for a SMT6 piggy back system and how much additional power increase?i drive an E30 as well, 318i that is.
Where can i do them as well?
Thanks

Hi Calvin,

I am driving an e36 318i year 1997. How much is cost to remap the ECU and where can I do it? Any ideas on how much hp it can be increased after the remap? Thanks.

Originally posted by wongsc@Mar 22 2006, 02:05 PM
Hi Calvin,

I am driving an e36 318i year 1997. How much is cost to remap the ECU and where can I do it? Any ideas on how much hp it can be increased after the remap? Thanks.
Try here & check out with him.

www.eurocarmotorsport.com

He will able to help. Or join TT to get infos.
Good luck.

:rolleyes:

It was not putra, it was Satria Gti. Yes there was improvement. Basically the more u upgrade, the more potential power can be achieved - provided the mods are right.

Piggyback/standalone ecu/chip is there to maximize the potential gain of your std/modified engine. Basically u can tune the air fuel ratio and ignition timing to the best setting to get the best result in terms of raw power ( max. power gain that can be seen on dyno) and response ( the way the power being delivered to the ground by the engine) - something that can best experince on the road while u drive it - which why sometime u can see a lower bhp car can overtake slightly higher bhp car ( provided everything is equal).

Oh yea, my previous car put 160WHP and about 210NM on Links dyno but the engine was no more suitable to be used on the road coz cannot use aircond anymore. It was basically a semi race engine with all internal parts had been changed. I see high potential on M50tu engine. Still learning the BMW ecu part actually and to find a good tuner coz an ecu is only as good as the tuner. Sorry lo too long i guess.

Rgds.

Originally posted by niceputera@Apr 21 2006, 05:39 PM
It was not putra, it was Satria Gti. Yes there was improvement. Basically the more u upgrade, the more potential power can be achieved - provided the mods are right.

Piggyback/standalone ecu/chip is there to maximize the potential gain of your std/modified engine. Basically u can tune the air fuel ratio and ignition timing to the best setting to get the best result in terms of raw power ( max. power gain that can be seen on dyno) and response ( the way the power being delivered to the ground by the engine) - something that can best experince on the road while u drive it - which why sometime u can see a lower bhp car can overtake slightly higher bhp car ( provided everything is equal).

Oh yea, my previous car put 160WHP and about 210NM on Links dyno but the engine was no more suitable to be used on the road coz cannot use aircond anymore. It was basically a semi race engine with all internal parts had been changed. I see high potential on M50tu engine. Still learning the BMW ecu part actually and to find a good tuner coz an ecu is only as good as the tuner. Sorry lo too long i guess.

Rgds.
Cool...eventhough long but cool...u think can just change to SMT6 without changing anything else????

:D Wah I c a lot 4 potter enquire on upgrade. Why not enuff power ah? hehehe. Count me in also.
Bro Calvin any project or group project for us 4 potter guys?
I believe piggyback is one of modification that really works.
I have done b4 on my former car (waja) with unichip. can smoke off V6 on highway! at least 10hp increased and lots of torque!

p/s: recently remove my catalytic converter and change to free flow midbox I guess. More response but not environment friendly.

Originally posted by initialM@Apr 21 2006, 10:45 PM
:D Wah I c a lot 4 potter enquire on upgrade. Why not enuff power ah? hehehe. Count me in also.
Bro Calvin any project or group project for us 4 potter guys?
I believe piggyback is one of modification that really works.
I have done b4 on my former car (waja) with unichip. can smoke off V6 on highway! at least 10hp increased and lots of torque!

p/s: recently remove my catalytic converter and change to free flow midbox I guess. More response but not environment friendly.
:D Yeah...a group thingy would be cool...

fascinating info.. but still confuse :blink: this piggyback/standalone ecu/chips, does it differ for manual tranny and auto tranny? :beaten:

Correct me if I'm wrong,

The piggyback or any chip and computer box only control the engine management system such as air fuel ratio, ignition and bla bla bla.
Nothing to do with transmission.

Originally posted by initialM@Apr 22 2006, 08:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong,

The piggyback or any chip and computer box only control the engine management system such as air fuel ratio, ignition and bla bla bla.
Nothing to do with transmission.
i think so.. but have once tried a chip from my mech.. then my car wnet crazy

Top Bottom