My 1st ///M, a.k.a My UDM #3

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
From day 1 you got the car to the transformation now... your ///M is awesome! OEM+ look is the best!

MRsamdol;787803 said:
From day 1 you got the car to the transformation now... your ///M is awesome! OEM+ look is the best!

Thanks for the kind words brother!

Update:

8. aFe stage 2 Pro 5R air intake system
- install date set at 09h00 on 04 Dec 2012 at club vendor Devillian Motorsport workshop.

I didn't manage to do a dyno before hand though, so the figures & curves will remain a mystery. I'll see if it's possible to get Damien to get it done for me over here in SG.

Cheers.
seewai

highly advisable to do dyno before you mod ur car...u could ended up getting less power after mod in some cases...

seewai;787880 said:
Update:

8. aFe stage 2 Pro 5R air intake system
- install date set at 09h00 on 04 Dec 2012 at club vendor Devillian Motorsport workshop.

I didn't manage to do a dyno before hand though, so the figures & curves will remain a mystery. I'll see if it's possible to get Damien to get it done for me over here in SG.

Cheers.
seewai

haywire;784165 said:
Bonnet liner needs attention at the bottom there...

Some fish line can help, just saw on Vixx's car.

I would be keen to find out how it's done as the lining on my E36 is sagging as well. Thanks. :)

seewai;784133 said:
And yes I'm satisfied with the paint job. Waxed before I collect the car, feels as soft as baby's skin. Thin layer of dirt develop within couple of hours. A quick 5-minute cleanup would last for another 3-4 hours before another layer of thin dirt coated him again.

But they did not fix back the co-driver's side door handle properly, unable to open from inside.

Otherwise I have no regrets.

Damage :-
1. RM3k for the full car paint job
2. few hundred for some consumables / loose items.

Satisfaction :- 9.9/10

Some shots in front of my hut before upcoming heavy downpour....

IMG_20121112_152131.jpg

IMG_20121112_152019.jpg

IMG_20121112_151953.jpg

IMG_20121112_152043.jpg

Upcoming small projects 2013 that I could think of currently.....
1. short-shifter + shorter illuminated knob to replace existing stock illuminated stick
2. aFe air filters to replace existing air boxes L+R

AWESOME looking ride. :)

Update 06 Dec 2012

The workshop where dyno was supposed to be carried out has problem with the equipment.
To cut long story short, aFe was installed on Tuesday, dyno postponed until Friday afternoon.
Below are some shots taken earlier in the evening.

IMG_20121205_223111.jpg

IMG_20121205_223125.jpg

IMG_20121205_223203.jpg

IMG_20121205_223139.jpg

I have to thank Club Vendor Devillian Motorsports, Damien, who has been very accommodating, made this whole thing happen.

Cheers.
seewai

Yummy!!! Looking good there. Do post us some dyno figures ya :)

seewai;784201 said:
Just let him take all his time necessary and I'm confident he could get the job very much well done.

Bro, u stain close to d curve? If yes, then we're neighbours.

Oh ya, left my car at workshop today......will b an agonizing 3-4wks wait!!!

Await 2013 look:rock:

2012 Raub Durian Drive update:

Flown for overseas trip a couple of days after the drive, hence no updates. We reached home on the 24th Dec 2012 and today I fell sick. Let me be brief.

The drive has been fun. The crowd was fantastic. The fruits were not bad neither, for RM40 it's well worth it along with companionship, tcss, etc....

Road home was OK, cruising along half way untl a red F30 came out of nowhere and keep tailgating me, be me slowing down or accelerating. We're UDM, we're family, what do you expect right?

Fortunately, with the ride stock comfort, my family did not complain (much) during moderate speed cornering.

Ok damage time:

3 out of 4 TPMS orange cap went missing when collecting car after Herbert and macassel respectively "ship" me and my kid+wife down.
Side note: my wife was like wow whoa wowow after the 3 min journey in macassel's UDM.

Today also realized one of the rim caps was tried being forced out as well.

IMG_20121227_101658.jpg

This is how the valve cap looks like:

IMG_20120901_091640.jpg

Sakit-hatinya.

Regards,
seewai

Yeah thats what happens when you park in kampung areas. I also lost all 4 valve caps with BMW emblems within half an hour of attending a kenduri in Perak this year.

So, UDM #4 is a 740i/740Li E65/E66?

it's the kids bro. to be safe use normal black plastic cap. nobody will bother to steal. hehe.

Yeah, nice to have stainless steel caps on their bike's tyre valve or any other screws that fits.

No plans for UDM#4 bro. I'd not be able to sustain the wallet-bleeding.

Update 28Dec2012
Spent 2pm-6.30pm at Optimum, things sorted out:

1. fuel smell at cabin, changed left fuel float (45 mins I guess)
2. water sipping in both rear doors - fixed (3 hrs)
3. fuel door lock not functional - fixed (45 mins)

Above timing are estimates, my temperature was at 39.9C the entire afternoon. Napping whenever there's opportunity.

seewai;792877 said:
No plans for UDM#4 bro. I'd not be able to sustain the wallet-bleeding.

Update 28Dec2012
Spent 2pm-6.30pm at Optimum, things sorted out:

1. fuel smell at cabin, changed left fuel float (45 mins I guess)
2. water sipping in both rear doors - fixed (3 hrs)
3. fuel door lock not functional - fixed (45 mins)

Above timing are estimates, my temperature was at 39.9C the entire afternoon. Napping whenever there's opportunity.
bro for item no 2, how did they do it. they fixed the vapor barrier is it? like haywire indicated in his thread. one thing i dont understand if we seal the barrier, then how the water will come out? mine need to be fixed as well.

huskar3399;792897 said:
bro for item no 2, how did they do it. they fixed the vapor barrier is it? like haywire indicated in his thread. one thing i dont understand if we seal the barrier, then how the water will come out? mine need to be fixed as well.

There are holes that are lower than the vapor barrier in the door frame. Basically when the barrier failed, the seeping water gets out frok the door frame higher above the door sills hence the water gets into the car. When properly sealed, the water gets oit much lower than the door sills, hence the water pours out below the door frame, and out from the car.

Being absent-minded, I always jot down or snap-a-pic car park location. Yesterday I felt something funny when I wanted to take down where I parked, stunned for couple of seconds, only realized it.

IMG_20121229_110158.jpg

seewai;793077 said:
Being absent-minded, I always jot down or snap-a-pic car park location. Yesterday I felt something funny when I wanted to take down where I parked, stunned for couple of seconds, only realized it.

IMG_20121229_110158.jpg

Easy..find M5 parking lot..haha..

Top Bottom