Short Shift Project

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Strider

Club Guest
Just want to share with everybody.The shifter i got it from Calvin Tan (thanks Calvin) right after coming back from "kampung" after raya. (Not many relative coming this raya or they already grown up. Don't want to follow their parent. So got some extra "ang pow" left. ) :D I don't know how much does it reduce the throw, but it really does (according to Calvin almost 45%)So, here some photo; comparison between the original (bended) and the short shift (straight)

After installation.

Those rubber cover were used one and the cost included in the installation cost that is RM80. Do you think it's fare?

well done.......now u can beat the rest of us poorer E30 brudders at the lites! he he he!

seriously, is this conversion involving only the shift lever ( 1st picture ) and the dust boot? what abt the linkage under the car? any modding? ( someone say must bend lah etc etc )

rm80 labour & boot okie...

Originally posted by Strider@Nov 14 2005, 09:26 PM
And the last image.

I should done this earlier.
wow! strider dude.... cantik lah!! Makes me want a manual myself......... errr NOT!

But seriously, the shifter looks seriously (i said that already didnt i :) ) good. Nice one.

Jules, apa tunggu lagi...... at RM80 its a no brainer lah...... it wont make yr 323 faster but who cares? After u do the shift we can go for street drag.... see whether machine or man can shift faster and more efficiently :lol:

Jip....woi, pandai racun u tu!

The shifter itself costs.......RM2++ ( if I recall correct ) on top of the RM80!

Shift faster? - I drive very slowly one and shift gear with pauses in between! VROOOOOM.........SNICK..........VROOOOMMMM!

Jip, U betta change to manual bro - u dunno what u missing! SERIOUS!

I think RM80 is just the installation without the cost of the short shift kit itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Strider, where did you get it installed?

Originally posted by Jules@Nov 14 2005, 09:48 PM
Shift faster? - I drive very slowly one and shift gear with pauses in between! VROOOOOM.........SNICK..........VROOOOMMMM!

My bad then........ RM280 all in does sound a bit daunting for something like that.....

But I know mister strider dude here.... his car, major items already done up.... he's just picking up the odd bits here and there to make his ride......COMPLETE ... so for him it represents good value :yes:!

Jules, I dont have a ......'snick'..... in between..... it just goes vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom all the way to redline if I want it to :lol:

Price of my short shifter from Calvin

Short shifter: RM280
Teflon Seat: RM20
Rubber Boot: RM70 (Bav Auto)
Installation: RM20 (Optimum- Quoted only, not done there)

Originally posted by Jules@Nov 15 2005, 10:34 AM
seriously, is this conversion involving only the shift lever ( 1st picture ) and the dust boot? what abt the linkage under the car? any modding? ( someone say must bend lah etc etc )
You don't have to bend the linkage, only need to take out the balancer at the propeller shaft or bend the linkage and leave the balancer as it is.

The overall COST.

Short Shift RM290 (from Calvin Tan)
Teflon Bearing seat RM45 (also from Calvin Tan)
(Talk to Calvin, sure he'll give some discount + advice + tips. :D )
Workmanship for installation and rubber cover RM80 (@ BM Tech Auto Services, USJ 19)

oooo....zaskar,u installed a short shifter???whn did u do tht?quietly u did it huh?

strider,nice job man.....jealous aku......

Congrats Strider!

A few of us have had this installed sometime back....nice issinit? :D

Originally posted by Strider@Nov 15 2005, 12:00 PM
You don't have to bend the linkage, only need to take out the balancer at the propeller shaft or bend the linkage and leave the balancer as it is.
take out the balancer on the prop shaft? just a curious question....why do you think it was there if not required in 1ts place? :dunno:

seriously, I have no clue and wonder of its effect.....when taken out.

wont it have any adverse consequences?

wasnt fabian selling thm as well last time?(i think)

The balance has got no function already removed mine as it was rubbing against the gear linkage and it was already damaged. According to my mech only the E30 has the balancer and does not serve any function even with or without it.

Top Bottom