Short coming of the Grand TT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jarance

Founding Member
Ok guys and gals..A lot of praises have been given to the Grand TT. However, I am sure there some short coming. Let them be known so that the finer detail can be worked out for future events and gatherings:-1. Lack of car park space.2. Time too short allocated for viewing the car and mingling.3. Lack of information about cars on display.4. No aircon room.5. Cannot test car or do donuts.6. More event needed to keep the event exciting.7. Food ?8. Table arrangement?9. Hotel arrangement?10. More counters for registerations.Please tell us your shortcoming about the event and how we can do to improve it or make it better for you.. :eek:k:

Got my nametag fucking wrong!
:getyourfactsright:

Go throw your spell checker in Sungei Kelang!

Wats ilV? Hah?
:hmmph:

Originally posted by iloveVagina@Mar 7 2005, 11:59 AM
Got my nametag fucking wrong!
:getyourfactsright:

Go throw your spell checker in Sungei Kelang!

Wats ilV? Hah?
:hmmph:
Aiya.. latuk my spell check is pirated copy. your nick is too savy lah.. Kena rejected three times and nearly crashed my computer.. ha.. ha.. :rofl: :rofl:

so guys, next time use original software... :nyehehe:

Originally posted by JMW@Mar 7 2005, 12:04 PM
shld have gone to ikea to grab some free pencils.... :D
yup did not thought about the free pencil would come in handy for the voting..

yes there was an oversight.. thanks.

In all honesty, this is just a TT event. Not a Bimmerfest, Annual Dinner or AGM. As such we have done alright. As for car parks, we originally only reserved 70 parking lots and later another additional 15 bays. I know some who are not forum members, have also parked their BMWs in there as well (Welcome Welcome!) and joined the historic occasion:rofl: :D

All in all, i think the location is just perfect. And many who have not been there before also commented the food was great and also the hospitality and service from the owner of the establishment right down to the waiters serving us food.

Well, the only regret is not getting to know all the members. :eek:k: :)

Originally posted by ALBundy@Mar 7 2005, 12:06 PM
In all honesty, this is just a TT event. Not a Bimmerfest, Annual Dinner or AGM. As such we have done alright. As for car parks, we originally only reserved 70 parking lots and later another additional 15 bays. I know some who are not forum members, have also parked their BMWs in there as well (Welcome Welcome!) and joined the historic occasion:rofl: :D

All in all, i think the location is just perfect. And many who have not been there before also commented the food was great and also the hospitality and service from the owner of the establishment right down to the waiters serving us food.

Well, the only regret is not getting to know all the members. :eek:k: :)
yeah albundy... I think we should have allocated some extra time for the members to mingle around. I felt it was quite difficult to know each other better when we are sitting at the table. I think people are more receptive to each when we are checking out each other cars..

As for bimmerfest, it would be open to the public with the owner manning their car.. an event like bimmerfest would need a lot planning.

Not meeting all the members was the top bummer for me.

I suppose that we could have get all the forummers to take the mic one by one, and announce their nicks and real name, we had the time to do it.

Didnt get to meet many forummers that attended, coz i donno them. :cry: :cry:

Tags were a tad small to display the name... my 2 cents.

Everything was great at the beginning. However, it got boring later on as there was not much added activities. Also, no much effort on members part to mingle around and get to know each other.
Otherwise, its a great event and thanks to all who made it happen.

Since, dimples is still counting the votes, I am sure we can do some online voting kekeke :) :)

IS there a best classic car category? If there is I would like to vote for ichiwan2's awesome and immaculate E21. *tabik* :D

1. Lack of car park space.
Very true but then believe we had more cars than anticipated.

2. Time too short allocated for viewing the car and mingling.
Yup, very true. Some more the rain had to cut the time even shorter.

3. Lack of information about cars on display.
Yup, very true. Not sure who owned which cars...

4. No aircon room.
Not a major issue. Was initially hot and humid but it got cooler as the sun went down.

5. Cannot test car or do donuts.
Hi, it is supposed to be a TT session and not a car testing / donut session.

6. More event needed to keep the event exciting.
Thot meeting up with each other was exciting enuff?

7. Food ?
Yummy and price was ok.

8. Table arrangement?
Ok at first but later we had "others" taking over the tables...

9. Hotel arrangement?
Not applicable.

10. More counters for registerations.
Was ok when I registered...

Originally posted by 5201@Mar 7 2005, 12:13 PM
Not meeting all the members was the top bummer for me.

I suppose that we could have get all the forummers to take the mic one by one, and announce their nicks and real name, we had the time to do it.

Didnt get to meet many forummers that attended, coz i donno them. :cry: :cry:

Tags were a tad small to display the name... my 2 cents.
5201, the nametag was made small because I noticed that of the some forummer were shy to display their nick. basically, the tagname is meant for security reasons. Did not want any outsider to come into the carpark and cause unecessary trouble.. Next time can make bigger nametag if that what the member want..

I know one member hide his name tag, too shy to tell everyone he is PUSSY....called himself Felix :rofl: :rofl: On the other hand, latok is upset because only the "initials" were printed :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by MTek1318@Mar 7 2005, 12:18 PM
Everything was great at the beginning. However, it got boring later on as there was not much added activities. Also, no much effort on members part to mingle around and get to know each other.
Otherwise, its a great event and thanks to all who made it happen.
Mtek, I know how you felt.. that why I put the Hall of fame voting to spice thing up a bit.. Could have done more. maybe should have follow thru with affan idea about the slogan thing.. best slogan for their udm.. Then again, the members have to come up with more ideas. it very hard to do this. If I have many idea, I wouldn't be an engineer.. I would in advertising... get to meet all the nice gals..
:yes!:

One thing really irritated me ... is get chase away fr my seat. :wacko:

i was seating alone drink my beer, as the SO staffs hv approached me few times with the same Q : "how many friends do u hv ?", i been replied: "about 6, they r watching car, will be back".... different face has come, ask, and go.
the last one said: "when u friends back, we will give u another table". meanswhile how / where am i ? that start my fire, i said: "how many times u wan to chase us away ? just now we r there, now we r here." the fellow go away, another stupid gal come n ask again: "how many friends u hv ?"
s.uck ... idoit ... this time i angry n answer: "dont ask me !!!"
feel boiling .. n pissed, i finished off my beer ... and left the table. :angry:

that to me is RUDE per service industry standard.
i know SO Hartamas is crowded, biz is extremely well ... but poor service. :(

Originally posted by anthony ng@Mar 7 2005, 12:36 PM
One thing really irritated me ... is get chase away fr my seat. :wacko:

i was seating alone drink my beer, as the SO staffs hv approached me few times with the same Q : "how many friends do u hv ?", i been replied: "about 6, they r watching car, will be back".... different face has come, ask, and go.
the last one said: "when u friends back, we will give u another table". meanswhile how / where am i ? that start my fire, i said: "how many times u wan to chase us away ? just now we r there, now we r here." the fellow go away, another stupid gal come n ask again: "how many friends u hv ?"
s.uck ... idoit ... this time i angry n answer: "dont ask me !!!"
feel boiling .. n pissed, i finished off my beer ... and left the table. :angry:

that to me is RUDE per service industry standard.
i know SO Hartamas is crowded, biz is extremely well ... but poor service. :(
Anthony, sorry about the rudeness from SO staff. I guess they were just doing their job. Yeah, I did notice at about close to 9:00 p.m., some of the tables allocated for the BMW Club gathering were "taken" by other customers.

Originally posted by ALBundy@Mar 7 2005, 12:19 PM
Since, dimples is still counting the votes, I am sure we can do some online voting kekeke :) :)

IS there a best classic car category? If there is I would like to vote for ichiwan2's awesome and immaculate E21. *tabik* :D
Add my vote too...

Hi all

Very glad that I attended. Congrats to committee members and evryone who helped organise the event for a great job well done! Great gesture by comm members and others to visit individual tables to get to know amap (as many as possible lar...).

1. Lack of car park space.
Don't think this was a big problem.

2. Time too short allocated for viewing the car and mingling.
We can improve here - perhaps many didn't vote because of this?

3. Lack of information about cars on display.
To be fair, this is hard to compile beforehand because of the 'open' attendance of the Grand TT.

4. No aircon room.
No problem.

5. Cannot test car or do donuts.
Related to (2) and also (1) above. Someone suggested that the paid but larger (and very hot!) carpark higher up the slope could have been used with members paying a small sum each of course.

6. More event needed to keep the event exciting.
Good, informal introiductory speeches. Could have been followed up a get-to-know-each-other-better session e.g. looking at cars, or as someone here suggests, getting members to intoduce themselves in person using the mike.

Food was great and registration was conducted well, I think. Just my 2 cents.

Look forward to future meetings, dinner and the like. Cheers and thanks for a great bimmer outing!

Faiz

Top Bottom