She's a beauty. Can see can touch. LoL

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
minor updates.
my CEL does not illuminate anymore starting yesterday morning which it usually would after 2 minutes the stored DTCs been cleared.
no idea what happened because i did not change any parts.
and it behaved well when i drove her a little far after the office hour same day.
no idea i should feel yahoo or suspicious.
i cross my finger nothing bad will happen.
LoL

it has been quite some time since my last updates. here's the latest one. car was sent to fix my broken front bumper.

the broken bumper after hitting undulated kerb odw out hospital car park.
DSC_0220.jpg

work in progress
DSC_0225.jpg

it has been done. quality & workmanship & price altogether A+. no picture after completion because it was getting dark the time i collected the car.

I did the same, although bumper not broken. Hit a kerb in underground car park and broke my expensive Sport side undertray...now my temp sensor hanging with black tape hehe

haywire;749606 said:
I did the same, although bumper not broken. Hit a kerb in underground car park and broke my expensive Sport side undertray...now my temp sensor hanging with black tape hehe
aha same like mine. both undertrays seem badly damaged since the 1st day i got my car. previous owner has made it looks perfectly balanced. i got the fiber tray from vixxx and i asked the shop just now to install it. they tried but failed since minor modifications need to be done. guess i have to DIY it myself later after i got the car jack.

managed to snap some photos of my newly worked front bumper

before
DSC_0220.jpg

after
DSC_0229.jpg

most important they got the matching color. difference between old & new paints is totally unnoticeable.
DSC_0230.jpg

How much is the damage & where did you do it bro? From the photos it seems that they did a great job!

wingzee;749771 said:
How much is the damage & where did you do it bro? From the photos it seems that they did a great job!
the cost is 250. i did at one of the paint shops near ulu kelang behind a tire shop but i forgot the shop's name. car was sent morning, late afternoon collect.

huskar3399;749776 said:
the cost is 250. i did at one of the paint shops near ulu kelang behind a tire shop but i forgot the shop's name. car was sent morning, late afternoon collect.

Thats quick bro...i always send mine early in the morning before school hours and pick it up at 2pm for touch up paintwork....the price is also reasonable...nicely done there bro

huskar3399;749776 said:

Forgot or dunno at all?? LOL

i always thought that in order to replace the pre-cat o2 sensors we need to lift up the car so we can access from underneath. but my assumption was actually wrong. we can actually access the sensors from the front hood. also i learned that bank 1 is the nearest to the car nose, and bank 2 is nearest to the firewall. just updating my thread in case i fail to remember tomorrow in my DIY session. lol

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1725981

minor updates. i performed the o2 sensor DIY exercise yesterday but mission failed.

reason: fail to reach the o2 bolt at the header to undo it because my 22m is too lengthy to work in such narrow space.
solution: find better 22m spanner or other alternative tools.

the dismantling of other parts is quite straight forward and quick but the most difficult part is to get access to the 22m sensor nut. i also noticed that there are dents at the manifold next to the sensor. i guess they are marks from previous efforts to change the sensor.

I guessed that will happen. Workshops have a special tool to get to that bank 2 sensor. I will need to change mine too soon and most likely just go to a workshop to do it. Will not take long to do it there.

haywire;751515 said:
I guessed that will happen. Workshops have a special tool to get to that bank 2 sensor. I will need to change mine too soon and most likely just go to a workshop to do it. Will not take long to do it there.
yup, workshop might have that special tool. i guess it's just a 22m socket. the cost of the socket might be more less similar to the labor cost. but for me it's more like a hobby.

i got the special o2 socket at one of the hardware shop in jalan ipoh. my lunch hour was worth spent! lol

DSC_0244.jpg

huskar, just a suggestion, before you open it, give the O2 sensors a dose of WD40 for a about 3 times, then start the engine , idle for 1 minute, then shut off...then spray again.

this is to loosen up the nut, cos hot/cold expansion plus rusted inside, you might break the O2 or injure yourself.

and dun forget to mark the first O2 with the correct socket for the exhaust bank 123 & 456.. if not, will show as O2 fault at the GT1,

also, for easy removal next time, add copper grease. it would not seize the thread.

Top Bottom