Service Issues at AB Glenmarie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
glock_8;404780 said:
They (BMW M'sia) has set a rules and regulations on the requirement to be the Whitecard member. U can't blame them if you do not meet the requirement. Otherwise this card will be just like bonus link card where everyone can apply for it.

Unless u meet the requirement but they still deny u a membership...than u'll get my support 110%:top:

Don't mean to be rude,but I wasn't really looking for your support. Obviously I know I do not meet their requirements. I was merely trying to illustrate the fact that AB does not really care about the getting the business from someone who drives a 20 year old BMW. We don't fit their demographic for preferred customers. Having owned 4 BMWs over a period of the last 15 years does not seem to matter to them. I obviously belong to the "everyone/bonus link" category.

Akum membr2 semua sy nak bagi tahu pada membr2 yg di sebelah utara jangan pergi servis BMW anda ke LEE MOTOR AUTO CARE minyak Engine yg di cas adalah tipu dalam bil ia cas harga CASTROL SLX 0 -30w tapi ia guna minyak CASTROL EDGE 15 -40w jadi sesiapa yg servis di LEE MOTOR AUTO CARE tertipu dengan harga kalau di pasaran minyak CASTROL EDGE murah berbanding dengan CASTROL SLX jadi jangan servis BMW ada ke LEE MOTOR AUTO CARE.kalau tak percaya ada pergi la servis

Whoa! :eek: That's a "smart" businessman.. :p I'm glad I do my own oil change.. :D

scin;404928 said:
Don't mean to be rude,but I wasn't really looking for your support. Obviously I know I do not meet their requirements. I was merely trying to illustrate the fact that AB does not really care about the getting the business from someone who drives a 20 year old BMW. We don't fit their demographic for preferred customers. Having owned 4 BMWs over a period of the last 15 years does not seem to matter to them. I obviously belong to the "everyone/bonus link" category.

Sorry if i offend u in any way..didnt really mean it.

But like i said before, try to open your mind and think in a different angle. They have set the rule, and u do not meet the rule's requirement. Regardless if you pay them. That shows their profesionalism right? If they made the rule and bend them ....might as well dont make any rules so everyone will be happy?

I am qualified for the white card, but not the white card elite becos i do not meet the requirement...but i dont shout it out loud here saying BMW is rubbish bcos they deny me the Whitecard Elite?!!!

What will the M3/M5 owner's said if they hear me shouting....:stupid:

azmi b ahmad;404983 said:
Akum membr2 semua sy nak bagi tahu pada membr2 yg di sebelah utara jangan pergi servis BMW anda ke LEE MOTOR AUTO CARE minyak Engine yg di cas adalah tipu dalam bil ia cas harga CASTROL SLX 0 -30w tapi ia guna minyak CASTROL EDGE 15 -40w jadi sesiapa yg servis di LEE MOTOR AUTO CARE tertipu dengan harga kalau di pasaran minyak CASTROL EDGE murah berbanding dengan CASTROL SLX jadi jangan servis BMW ada ke LEE MOTOR AUTO CARE.kalau tak percaya ada pergi la servis

if u have the proof...make a police report...these daylight robbers need to be tought a lesson....

Scin,
The whitecard is from BMW Malaysia not AB. You're venting your spleen at the wrong ppl.

E39er;405099 said:
Scin,
The whitecard is from BMW Malaysia not AB. You're venting your spleen at the wrong ppl.

U'll will hear people get angry when their application for Platinum Card get denied for not meeting the 140k a year salary after this.:rolleyes:

Hahahahaha
Glock_8 no worries, I was not offended in anyway whatsoever by your comments.

So, perhaps I should start a new thread to vent against BMW Malaysia..
Besides, doesn't Sime Darby own 51% of BMW Malaysia and all of AB?
Six and one half dozen the other..

I am actually not pissed off by the fact that I was denied because I don't qualify. I understand that perfectly. Rules and professionalism etc etc...

I am just saying they should also look into a loyal BMW "owner" as well, regardless of where or when they purchased the said vehicle(s).

That's all.......

scin;405126 said:
Hahahahaha

I am actually not pissed off by the fact that I was denied because I don't qualify. I understand that perfectly. Rules and professionalism etc etc...

I am just saying they should also look into a loyal BMW "owner" as well, regardless of where or when they purchased the said vehicle(s).

That's all.......

I cannot expect them to know who their loyal Customers are, when they don't even know who their Customer are in the first place.

scin;405126 said:
Hahahahaha

That's all.......

They're slacking on this category big time...loyalist like urself shud be recognised...too bad tho.

Hahaha.... BMW Malaysia will take care of the new car customers, that's where the money is... while the old BMW hardcore is taken cared of by BMWCM.. at half the white card price.. lol! even that also difficult to collect.. :p

BMW M'sia do support all major events organised by BMWCM with gift, show face and all.. I say not totally neglected la.. :p

azmi b ahmad;404983 said:

En. Azmi, this is a very serious allegation.

Please PM me the details of the alleged incident and also your particulars, so that this complaint can be brought up to the relevant authority.

Cheers

E46Fanatic;404885 said:
Well, bad service is one thing, but when it comes to servicing cars, it can be outright dangerous when they are negligent. e.g when the wheel comes off the car when you drive off from the SC after a service. I am glad we now have options, when we choose to service our cars at authorized dealers.

emm.. sounds familiar.. get them to imagine if this happen to their wife/kid, and regardless whose fault, see how they would react.. :stupid:

glock_8;405139 said:
They're slacking on this category big time...loyalist like urself shud be recognised...too bad tho.

...in order to get new, one has to get rid of the old, and its people like some of us who appreciate beemers (...when it becomes affordable:rolleyes:) that keeps the cycle going...so in due respect we ought to be recognised too...:top:

I brought my car to AB Glenmarie before. Had no problems. Only had one scratch on door which they fixed foc and delivered to the house. :wink:

Services Issues

I haven't been on the forum for a while, decided to poke around today and glad to see this thread still alive and bringing debate a year later. Since my post I have been using INGRESS for all my service needs over the last year, both for scheduled and the occasional warranty fix, and find it the complete opposite of my previous experiences: I now get an appointment within a few days (not weeks later), get a ride to my office in their car (within a 10km radius and get to get the feel for the new models), they call with updates during the day, check back the day after service, etc.
An overall pleasurable experience - the way service should be ! :top:

I would like to share my encounter with AB Glenmarie which I think I should after I found out another BS they did on my car on last Saturday midnite...sorry abit long winded...:top:

the whole episode started when i itchy hand go trade in my e60 for an e39. At that time the car was still going thru its reworking/repair/upkeeping at the AB Premium Selection to make it qualify for the 'premium selection' :rolleyes: category by AB...so weeks gone by after paid my booking fee end of July 09 and the car was not ready. Since i am trading in my e60, the agreement was that they hand over the e39 (fully functional as promised) only i will hand my e60 in...but the sales manager, Kelvin Kong (this fellow is the 'best' ) keep pushing me to hand in my car when they could not deliver the car to me as he is pressure by the external buyer for the e60 to hand over the car.
Then almost a month after that and i remember the weekend was the drive to Singapore, the early of the week he called me and told me that the car is ready and only few very minor things that he will do it after i collect the car. The minor thing was the aux fan running at max speed and which he told me cause the engine temp to be quite low but nothing to worry about. He will correct this when i come back from Singapore. I also found out that they were having difficulties starting the car and Suresh (service guy and our club member also) had told then that the fuel pump was going to malfunction but the Mr Kelvin Kong with pressure to take my e60 to handover to the dealer told him off that it was not the fuel pump and it was ok.

So there I was, thought that i had bought a nice rare breed blast off for the Singapore drive only to get stuck on the basement of the hotel with a car that cannot start in Singapore. No assistance whatsoever from AB, the Mr Kelvin as me to open up the rear sit and hit on the fuel pump hopefully it will start. Then it finally start with assistance from fellow member udm68, dismantling the whole fump pump and wack the hell out of it. Drive all the way back without turning off the engine. The next day went to AB Glemarie and they did not even apologize. I found out that they had ordered the fuel pump a week earlier so they must have known. i was like WTF :eek:...ok that one i super pissed liau thought just forget about it and treat it as a lesson or bad luck...

The car then went for the Aux fan repair as well during the fuel pump change and found that then temperature sensor gone bad...change it and it was ok then but i was puzzled that the engine temp is still low. Ask them as they said it was normal! which i later found out from m5board forum that this is a symptom that the thermostat has stuck open and common for these engine. So i went back to AB to pursue this as it was their responsibility to solve this as part of the car delivery pending issues. After two diagnostic at AB Sg Besi and Segambut only that the Mr Kelvin agree that the thermostat is bad and decline to cover it under their responsibility saying its not his problem and not part of the engine warranty. After some heated shouting in their so called premium selection centre and bringing the matter to his superior Mr Thiru, they agreed to cover the repair. As usual the problem does not get solve in AB but they amplify it normally. Upon completion of repair in Segambut, i was asked to pay for the labour charge which was not communicated to me earlier. Bravo AB...u make me 'like' u more...

Thats the sales part...now the service part at AB Glenmarie...

Before the car was delivered to me, all the brake disc was changed as well as the front brake pads except the rear. Little that i know that one of the rear brake pad was damage during the replacement of the disc and until recently i notice that the disc has had some scratch mark on the outer edge and quickly send the car for inspection and found this...

Image144.jpg

Image141.jpg

the pad guide was bent and this cause it to come in contact with the disc as the pads wear down. Ok let give them the benefit of doubt that the pad was damaged prior to that and being a official service centre of BMW, which was suppose to make safety the first priority for customer, they should have change it as well. Negligence count 1...

Next the car was also having its two valve cover gasket replaced and after the replacement at AB Glenmarie, there is oil leakage from the fasterners. So as usual they correct one problem only to make the next one. One of the fasterner was leaking heavily and last saturday i notice it becomes worse so i decided to wipe it and see whats the problem. While wiping i thought my eye was playing a trick with me that i saw the screw was turning as i wipe it...so i try to screw it and see if its the case and after 1 and the half turn the screw falls off... those jokers did not even tighten the screws and upon further inspection 2 screws was not tighten. They are suppose to do a premiuim job when u pay premium but with AB it is not the case. Also they are suppose to change the worn out subber seal but they didn't and cause further minor seepage of oil from the valve cover fasterners. Negligence count 2...Here are some pictures...

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

DSC_0400.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0404.jpg

this is the second and the last BMW that i will buy from AUTO BAVARIA...

I too had a very unleasant experience with AB Glen recently. Appointment was made at 845am but waited for an hour and after going straight to the SA before getting attention. Same with picking up, wife waited for an hour before getting the car. Mind you, still under warranty. BTW, they allocated a different SA which meant to explain previous problems all over again. Experience at C+C, waiting time less than 15 minutes and same SA attending to you all the time!

Now, need some advice from some experienced members. 2 years warranty for the Z4 expires in March 2010. Was told should send back before expiry for a major checkup and parts change. What can we demand from AB for this kind of checkup? Hard to demand when we do not know what is to be replaced! Please advise. Thanks a million.

AB Glen sucks....yes for sure. Their quality of service depends on the draw of the luck each one of us takes everytime we send our car there...50/50

My story? Well...Once a upon time, a couple a months ago...sent my E90 for a simple wheel alignment job (prebooked mind you...) to experience the "precision BMW wheel alignment system ~ a 300bucks plus service I think). And what I got?

- An RM35 job from GSH Pirelli shop near by.
- A Steering that grinds at full lock.

Brought the car back almost immediately...since I was pissed. Any the kind Jothy ramped up the car..and hmmm...and yeah... a bracket or fastener was not fixed properly...yeah! nice job there BMW service!!!

In total, the car stayed overnight, didnt get the service that I wanted, car felt bad after, and lost almost a whole day after that just picking it up and bringing back to get it rectified bla bla bla....

The only thing that keeps me still with the brand is the appeal of the car itself (or cars..over the last 10 years), while tolerating the sucky service.

Top Bottom