Service Issues at AB Glenmarie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
saat;401904 said:
My grouse with them goes all the way back more than 10 years. The list is long and my horror stories with them can be turned into a hit series.

Yet, I'm a sucker. I have given them more than MYR1.5M worth of business over the years and they still treat like crap. When they initiateed their CRM, I gave my input about Customer recognition and they still do not recognise me as a Customer.

I even spoke to Wolfgang once and what came out of it was the franchise was open up to others. AB is till the same.

I guess I'm a masochist (self-inflicted). Serve me right.

But they are full of shit aren't they.

I feel for you bro,
But it WAS sorta masochistic of you to put up with that crap for so long...
Like I said, I have been driving BMWs for the last 15 years and not a single one of them has passed through AB's incompetent hands at any point of their existence.

And for that, I shall be eternally grateful.

As far as being recognized as a customer...... if 1.5m isn't enough!!! well then what else can I say.. And here I was bitching and moaning about not qualifying for a White Card ( and let's get it straight, I only wanted it for the 20% off parts...) On top of that, I believe it's only free for the first year or two, then you have to pay RM300.00 a year.... What a CON Job...!

What unappreciated brand loyalty we both have... You, 1.5M
Myself ( not so much la.. all my cars put together oso not 0.5 ) 15 years of BMW ownership, UNRECOGNIZED, UNAPPRECIATED, UNGRATEFUL

Some might say I am a hypocrite, but what the heck... I am still a chinaman, and 20% off is 20% off.....

But alas, Auto Bavaria has got it wrong again.

Once I was in the Sungai Besi branch for work, and was looking at some of the new 3-series on display. The moronic salesperson could not even differentiate between a 4 and 6 cylinder engine and kept insisting that the car was a front wheel drive.
If I was not there with clients, I would have called out the manager and given a piece of my mind...!

This is the state of the AD of BMWs in Malaysia...

PATHETIC....!

XXX;401848 said:
Im not siding anyone here but AB sells more Beemers than Ingress & Sapura put together so I suppose the percentage of grouses is higher compared to Ingress & Sapura put together as well.

Just put this into perspective Im sure there are issues with Ingress and Sapura as well but you tend to hear less of it. For example Proton, you hear more complaints abt proton than a Merc, but the Merc has lets say 10,000 cars on the road and there is 1000 complaints, that is already 10% of shit...Proton has 100,000 cars on the road and has 10,000 complaints, thats also 10% of shit ..but I suppose youll hear more shit abt Proton than abt the Merc bcos Proton has extra 9000 mouths to spread the shit around.

Just my 2 cents...

U got your point:) at the end of the day, BMW still am getting those annoying "U sure AR!" worrying statement from owners friends, relatives and strangers u just know.

Whereas proton, people got used to it, and besides, you cannot compare an apple with oranges. BMW is luxury segment, they cannot afford to have 10% complain....proton! come on!!! its only rm50-60k average a car and even if theres complain, u do the math la

XXX;401848 said:
Im not siding anyone here but AB sells more Beemers than Ingress & Sapura put together so I suppose the percentage of grouses is higher compared to Ingress & Sapura put together as well.

Just put this into perspective Im sure there are issues with Ingress and Sapura as well but you tend to hear less of it. For example Proton, you hear more complaints abt proton than a Merc, but the Merc has lets say 10,000 cars on the road and there is 1000 complaints, that is already 10% of shit...Proton has 100,000 cars on the road and has 10,000 complaints, thats also 10% of shit ..but I suppose youll hear more shit abt Proton than abt the Merc bcos Proton has extra 9000 mouths to spread the shit around.

Just my 2 cents...

Sorry Bro, I have to agree with vobs and add another dimension to your augument - The dimension of price.

I think everyone agrees that when one pays premium prices, one should be entitled to premium product and services. With the prices I pay to AB, I should but do not get a comensurate level of service.

Take hotels for instance, I cannot expect Ritz Charlton level of services from say Sri Malaysia.

I declare that I got better service from the Honda SC in 222 than AB Glen Marie.

All SC regardless what brand is still overcharging owners.....no doubt bout it:) no choice if your cars are still under warranty la....sigh, if theyre in foreign countries, Malaysian SC will be sued until underwear also drop....but this is Malaysia la, no choice i guess.

vobs;402391 said:
All SC regardless what brand is still overcharging owners.....no doubt bout it:) no choice if your cars are still under warranty la....sigh, if theyre in foreign countries, Malaysian SC will be sued until underwear also drop....but this is Malaysia la, no choice i guess.

Bros.....
There is ALWAYS a choice....
DON"T BUY from AB.
DON"T SEND YOU CAR FOR SERVICE THERE.

Sorry, but did I mention anything abt service or pricing? I used the Merc/Proton as a comparison on the percentage....ok let me put it this way then, Ingress sells 10 cars, AB sells 100cars...Ingress gets one complain which is 10% of shit, AB gets 10 complains and that is also 10% of shit but AB has got 9 extra mouths to spread the shit around.... like I said Im not siding anyone but just my 2 cents...on why we seem to hear more crap abt AB than others..but at the end of the day its just like what scin said,

"Bros.....
There is ALWAYS a choice....
DON"T BUY from AB.
DON"T SEND YOU CAR FOR SERVICE THERE."

or for the matter of fact anywhere that gives you crappy service..

10% of shit or 1% of shit... it's all the same shit,same place.... just a different day!

As my experience face alot of this kind of matter at many other dealer workshop (Other Make Also).......
Some time they are too many car and customer need to take care.....
*Pls Dun Blame Them*

scin;402137 said:
I feel for you bro,
But it WAS sorta masochistic of you to put up with that crap for so long...
Like I said, I have been driving BMWs for the last 15 years and not a single one of them has passed through AB's incompetent hands at any point of their existence.

And for that, I shall be eternally grateful.

As far as being recognized as a customer...... if 1.5m isn't enough!!! well then what else can I say.. And here I was bitching and moaning about not qualifying for a White Card ( and let's get it straight, I only wanted it for the 20% off parts...) On top of that, I believe it's only free for the first year or two, then you have to pay RM300.00 a year.... What a CON Job...!

What unappreciated brand loyalty we both have... You, 1.5M
Myself ( not so much la.. all my cars put together oso not 0.5 ) 15 years of BMW ownership, UNRECOGNIZED, UNAPPRECIATED, UNGRATEFUL

Some might say I am a hypocrite, but what the heck... I am still a chinaman, and 20% off is 20% off.....

But alas, Auto Bavaria has got it wrong again.

Once I was in the Sungai Besi branch for work, and was looking at some of the new 3-series on display. The moronic salesperson could not even differentiate between a 4 and 6 cylinder engine and kept insisting that the car was a front wheel drive.
If I was not there with clients, I would have called out the manager and given a piece of my mind...!

This is the state of the AD of BMWs in Malaysia...

PATHETIC....!

Scin,
Out of curiousity, why they deny u the white card?

Illusion;404345 said:
As my experience face alot of this kind of matter at many other dealer workshop (Other Make Also).......
Some time they are too many car and customer need to take care.....
*Pls Dun Blame Them*

Any first year Manager will know that capacity must match demand.

After sales service is an anuity business that can potentially generate revenue many times more than the product sale.

If the number of cars grow, then enlarge your facilities. Watch Honda. They invested in making their dealers SSS Centers and in the process, their Customers return to them.

Is AB too stuck up to learn from Honda?

Having been involved in the service inductry all my life, we adjust our capacity to meet demand and recently transformed ourselves thru the use of technology to reduce our queues.

Oh and I forgot. Try to get a service date and see when the next available slot is. Then even on the agreed schduled date, see how long they take to serve you and then see whether they can keep to the first and second promised delivery time. Then see if they called you to inform you that the car is ready for collection as promised.

This has absolutely nothing to do with "too many" cars.

Theoretically or academically, what saat shared is very true but in reality, it's an organised chaos in action at the SC when customer came in and demand more work to be done and persistently complaint the little squeaky sound coming from the rear.. countless test drive to identify the source of the squeak and customer keep insisting the sound is still there and the SC is not doing a good enough job, when the car was originally check in for a simple preventive maintenance oil change.

If 6 out of every 10 cars in the queue is putting up this fuss in the SC, can u imagine the chaos it can caused? Not to mention the few who bang table at the manager's room complaining about the lines appearing on the brake disc rotor.. :eek: or the wind noise they hear when cruising at 140kph, or the vanishing 0.5L fuel while the car being serviced.. :(

astroboy;404399 said:
Theoretically or academically, what saat shared is very true but in reality, it's an organised chaos in action at the SC when customer came in and demand more work to be done and persistently complaint the little squeaky sound coming from the rear.. countless test drive to identify the source of the squeak and customer keep insisting the sound is still there and the SC is not doing a good enough job, when the car was originally check in for a simple preventive maintenance oil change.

If 6 out of every 10 cars in the queue is putting up this fuss in the SC, can u imagine the chaos it can caused? Not to mention the few who bang table at the manager's room complaining about the lines appearing on the brake disc rotor.. :eek: or the wind noise they hear when cruising at 140kph, or the vanishing 0.5L fuel while the day being serviced.. :(

not being on anybody side...i 100% agree with astroboy. ive seen some customer at the sc complaining every little details on his car that even to listen to his complain took minutes if not hour.

scin;404734 said:
Coz my car is too old and I didn't buy it from them

This white card comes free for 3 years when you purchase a brand new BMW from SC, pre-reg unit too. Not sure about pre-own though.

The annual renewal fee is RM300 (if not mistaken) and the card holder must buy another new BMW in 5 years time to remain qualify for the renewal.

Benefit? You'll get some discount like RM200 on things that cost RM1,700, so you only pay RM1,500 on a pair of shoe, or an orchestra ticket or a cooking lesson, or something like that.

Seriously, I apply just because few E90 members is having it and its free for me. Will I buy another new BMW in 5 years time, chances are "NO" and certainly does not look forward to renew it.

scin;404734 said:
Coz my car is too old and I didn't buy it from them

They (BMW M'sia) has set a rules and regulations on the requirement to be the Whitecard member. U can't blame them if you do not meet the requirement. Otherwise this card will be just like bonus link card where everyone can apply for it.

Unless u meet the requirement but they still deny u a membership...than u'll get my support 110%:top:

Denied membership application means they are "not that" interested in your RM300.. :eek:

... not to worry, I think your RM300 will find itself more value with the BMWCM membership.. :wink:

the white card is quite useful especially if u fly a lot. i've used it a few times already at KLIA. can save quite a sum, and u know how airline food tastes like. also useful when MAS or AIR ASIA has delays, which is always! hehe

Well, bad service is one thing, but when it comes to servicing cars, it can be outright dangerous when they are negligent. e.g when the wheel comes off the car when you drive off from the SC after a service. I am glad we now have options, when we choose to service our cars at authorized dealers.

Top Bottom