Service Issues at AB Glenmarie

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

griller

Club Guest
Recently bought from them what I thought was a really clean preowned. Were several issues with the card that we supposed to be fixed before I took the car in Feb. Car has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks now and they still can;t seem to get it right. Despite my ranting and raving and asking repeatedly to speak with the service manager and the branch manager no one has called me. I am beginning to regret ever buying from them. The salesman is doing his best to help but is supported by what appears to be an incompetent team. Does anyone know a contact of someone of authority at AB that I can call. I have concluded that AB GM doesn't really care abt customer service.

Try these:

Pre-Owned Selection Department

Sales Team Leaders
1) James 012 - 366 4146
2) Chow 012 - 333 7146 / 019 - 333 7146

Sales Advisors
1) Chong 016 - 330 2332
2) Mike 012 - 259 1336
3) Sanjay 017 - 224 5337
4) Rachel 012 - 228 6333
5) Jeya 012 - 298 3408

:fight:

Im also having problem with Ab Glenmarie.

Bought a brand new E90 from AB Glenmarie in Jan 08. Was told only one key is available at that time and another spare key will arrive from their plant in a week or two. And they promise to call me when the key arrives. I waited for 2months, and make a few calls in between to the sales girl, and was promised they will look into the matter. And everytime its me who called and chase them, and she never return my call. FInally i fed up, and in early March, i make a complaint to BMW Malaysia. i demand for the Glenmarie sales manager to call me back to explain why after 2 months i still didnt get my spare key. but nobody call me, and a week after the sales advisor call me back, said they dont know where the key is, and they had to order for a new key and it will take another 2 weeks. that was in the first week of March, and now its already first week April, and nobody called me to explain anything. i guess have to make complaint again to BMW Malaysia.....

So frustrating having to chase here and there and make complaint also tak jalan.

Sparkle and Griller,

Could you two PM me your personal details, full name and vehicle registration number?

Thanks

Fortunately for us there are increasing options as far as service centers are concerned. Ingress Auto looks promising, but its new and.....well only time will tell, Sapura Auto also seems ok. There has been a lot of complainst about AB Glenmarie's, and its unfortunate that owners of such a prestigious brand have to suffer such inefficiency and incompetence. These complaints remind me of the days when I was owning my Proton 10 years ago.

Chris

AB Glenmarie is the HQ for AB wor...if HQ also like this then all the other branch ma hopeless lo?

Greetings,
What I did the last time when my car was giving me problem was that I left my comments and complaint on BMW.COM website. Let the German's site redirect the mail back to BMW Malaysia. I received response from the German site within 24 hours and Malaysia site within 3 days. All my replies back to them will also c.c. to the Germans too. So, I guess sometimes we have to let them know we are serious in pursuing the matter and their image is at stake too.

I experienced the same thing. The car has been in and out spending 50% of the time in AB. Finally I issued warning letter to AB and cc to lawyer. I got another replacement car of my choice. At the moment I am satisfied with my current ride except for minor defect. Still waiting for the 2nd key which AB promised me will arrive this week.

I think Sime Darby is not passionate enough to nurture the brand. Its just another money making tool for them, once they squeeze the juices from us owners, the move on to look for other juicy prey and that's my only explanation.. :(

I recently rant about my past ill experience with AB more than 10 years ago with my E36 in MotorTrader forum and surprisingly, BMW Malaysia contacted me and they still care to find out what happened back then.

Maybe certain channel is more effective than others..

I feel that it is important that you escalate the matter to the right person who can make decision and act on your problems promptly.

David Yong;321709 said:
I feel that it is important that you escalate the matter to the right person who can make decision and act on your problems promptly.

Yes, you have to stay strong, be very serious and escalate the issues higher and higher. Put everything into documentation. Formal complaint letters. No point shouting over the phone or screaming at their face. Just write letters. Mmmm...i love writing letters because by giving them letters they have to reply back as it is official. Best if you hand-deliver/courier it over to them because they need to sign and stamp. They cant just pretend they are not aware of the issues like a phone conversation or a f2f confrontation.

Yeah I think AB has a serious customer service problem here. This morning I called AB parts department and after one hour the line is still engage. Called Ingress and Sapura and less than one min the right person is already talking to me.

... well if AB keeps doing this...they will definately lose their current & future customers.
As till today, i bet the AB sales person whom i bought my car from still couldnt get my name right. Sad but true.
And my name only has 2 easy to pronounce syllable.

just read this thread and i have some comment too :thefinger:

wat i guess whoever u find in the AB company , that's doesnt work unless u are giving some lawyer letter to them , but small little thing normally we wont put ourself into the time & money waste situation between the lawyer & AB , that's why we awalys can see those company always giving little bad experience to the customers :stupid:

and another reason wat i think its they are bunch of " snake & mouse in 1 group " that's chinese version and i dont know how to explain, hope someone can explain this , haha

and i just bought my car from AB glen too and i'm very unsatisfield on their service, in the future i think i wont buy any car from AB , cos outside its building many autrorised dealers and provide better service! cheers all

paul

After sale service in AB Glem

Man, after reading this thread I am really scared with the AB after sale services.

So far I already make reservation test drive with AB Glem and the sales guy is quite pleasing on the phone. He called me and confirm the reservation next week. Anyone know the contact no and address for Ingress Auto because tried look in the web but could not find it.

You should all be scared....! The numerous tales of woe. In all these years, AB has not changed. They are still @#$#$)(**@ it up royally....!
I WILL NEVER BUY any car from them (new or used) I have heard so many complaints directly or indirectly in over 15 years of BMW ownership.
I avoid the place like the PLAGUE. They are tarnishing the name of BMW like no one else can. It's amazing the Germans haven't booted them out yet.
I regard a car which is advertised for sale as " maintained by AB " as more of a liability then anything else. It's no surprise the C-class outsold the 3 series last year!!! as much as I hate the 3 point star.... If I were in the market for a current model, I'd rather go with an import version.

scin;401468 said:
You should all be scared....! The numerous tales of woe. In all these years, AB has not changed. They are still @#$#$)(**@ it up royally....!
I WILL NEVER BUY any car from them (new or used) I have heard so many complaints directly or indirectly in over 15 years of BMW ownership.
I avoid the place like the PLAGUE. They are tarnishing the name of BMW like no one else can. It's amazing the Germans haven't booted them out yet.
I regard a car which is advertised for sale as " maintained by AB " as more of a liability then anything else. It's no surprise the C-class outsold the 3 series last year!!! as much as I hate the 3 point star.... If I were in the market for a current model, I'd rather go with an import version.

Precisely, & I reckon that it's more towards being vigilant & mindful should ONE opt to go the AB-omination route. They'd better get on their toes apart from pulling their socks up for goodness sake to alleviate from further tarnishing the marque's reputation in the local front.

Im not siding anyone here but AB sells more Beemers than Ingress & Sapura put together so I suppose the percentage of grouses is higher compared to Ingress & Sapura put together as well.

Just put this into perspective Im sure there are issues with Ingress and Sapura as well but you tend to hear less of it. For example Proton, you hear more complaints abt proton than a Merc, but the Merc has lets say 10,000 cars on the road and there is 1000 complaints, that is already 10% of shit...Proton has 100,000 cars on the road and has 10,000 complaints, thats also 10% of shit ..but I suppose youll hear more shit abt Proton than abt the Merc bcos Proton has extra 9000 mouths to spread the shit around.

Just my 2 cents...

My grouse with them goes back more than 10 years. The list is long and my stories are stuff legends and hit horror series are made off.

Yet, I'm a sucker for punishment. I have given them more than MYR1.5M worth of business over the years and they still treat me like crap. When they initiated their CRM, I gave my input about Customer recognition and they still do not recognise me as a Customer.

I even spoke to Wolfgang once and what came out of it was the franchise was open up to others. AB is still the same.

I guess I'm a masochist for self-inflicted pain. Serve me right.

But they are full of shit aren't they.

Top Bottom