Rft

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

JLC7876

Club Guest
Hi to All the Sifus,Proud to be the members here(but still wait for a week to arrive of my E90)Like to seek your experiences, come to know the RTF was giving a rough ride,intend to replace to non-RFT. Please advise me.(Heavy usage of 150km/day)Thanks.

its u can handle the hard drive just stay with RFT,or u decide change to non-RFT u might prepare a spare tyre + jack kit or mobility kit or buy the AAM package for towing ur car.

paul

Welcome JLC, but please intro yourself in the newbies section before seeking sifu knowledge or you may be flamed. :listen:

IMO, the ride with RFTs is not harsh or rough. This is a sports saloon anyway, and I'm not expecting or wanting the ride to be cushy soft like a 5 or 7 or a Merc. I'm using 18" Bridgestone Potenzas and M-suspension and yet I don't find the ride harsh. In fact, the RFTs give me an added sense of security when doing 160+ kmh. Our roads are so full of nails and screws thrown by irresponsible contractors. And I don't have to worry about spares, jacks or messy mobility kits.

Think about it again. ;)

Its strange that when i changed my rims to 18 inches + RFT's (M Sport wheels), the ride became much more comfortable than when i was using higher profile 17 inches + RFT's. I don't think its wise to change to non-RFT's unless you are prepared with a spare, the RFT's are expensive and you've already paid for it. Might as well keep it.

Some non RFT ride is harsher compare to our OEM RFT. Now we are using the 3rd generation of RTF (if not mistaken), over the pass 2 years, RFT technology has improve a lot. Don't just listen to what people say. Try it out first.

My RFT is screwed.. :(

screwed1.jpg

Took out my RM18.50 patch kit to stand by..
screwed2.jpg

Unscrew..
screwed3.jpg

SURVIVE!!!
screwed4.jpg

This is the culprit..
screwed5.jpg

Drove it around and RFT alarm didn't lit, so I guess I am lucky this round.. the RFT is very thick! Look at the size of the screw!! :eek:

More than 6 months didn't check air pressure lio.. RFT :top:

How lucky you are, astroboy:top:~!!! imagine if you are using normal tyre:20:, in other hand, your tyres still look new, seem like you don't use your bimmer often~!!!!

Its 12,000km old now.. the rear tyre wear is about right for an "underpower" car :wink:

astroboy;345004 said:
Its 12,000km old now.. the rear tyre wear is about right for an "underpower" car :wink:

Bro, what do you mean rear tyre wear is about right for an "underpower" car:stupid: ~???

astroboy;343956 said:
So the Ms has spare wheel and jack kit?

No spare. Just the M mobility kit. Most RFTs have softer rubber threads but harder sidewalls. Look at the treadwear rating on RFTs.

Steven7;345008 said:
Bro, what do you mean rear tyre wear is about right for an "underpower" car:stupid: ~???

Perhaps I'm referring to an "underpower" driver.. :p

astroboy;345000 said:

screwed1.jpg

screwed2.jpg

Unscrew..
screwed3.jpg

SURVIVE!!!
screwed4.jpg

This is the culprit..
screwed5.jpg

Drove it around and RFT alarm didn't lit, so I guess I am lucky this round.. the RFT is very thick! Look at the size of the screw!! :eek:

the screw head looks weird. looks like its been shaved to penetrate tires easily. must be those tow truck operators

astroboy;345000 said:

screwed1.jpg

screwed2.jpg

Unscrew..
screwed3.jpg

SURVIVE!!!
screwed4.jpg

This is the culprit..
screwed5.jpg

the screw head looks weird. looks like its been shaved to penetrate tires easily. must be those tow truck operators

astro, I wouldn't rely so heavily on the RFI if I were you. I check my pressures regularly with a guage, and variances of up to 2psi down in one tyre weren't picked up by the RFI.

That looks like a self-tapping screw you picked up. These dang construction and renovation contractors just throw screws and nails all over the place in the name of fast work. :(

aiyah.. dont worry about it.. that screw looks like a fresh one you just pick up just that day itself or maybe just a few km traveled.

Schwepps;345081 said:
astro, I wouldn't rely so heavily on the RFI if I were you. I check my pressures regularly with a guage....

The problem is I don't trust the pump at the kiosk too because every one give different readings, I suspect they were never calibrated ... and every time u insert a gauge yourself to do a regular check, some air is released, so your tyres are deflated over times, by yourself... :eek: ... and of course, stopping at the kiosk for air refill is risky also as people might come with a parang and demand for u fob.. :eek:

I know! I think too much.. :p looks like trusting the German RFI is the best alternative .... for me.. :D

astro boy,

you should have your tyre professionally repaired with a patch kit in the tyre, and never ever use those tyre repair kit you have in the pictures. i know some tyre shops swear by it and would not be bother taking the tyres out for a repair or its an extra charge but thats just because they are plain lazy. those repair strips can cause you tire to bulged as it damages the weave of the tyre casing internally. besides that, it unreliable and prone to leaks and it will cause a vibration if any stones stick on to it.

get a proper tyre patch where its done internally.

Leforte,

Can you please give more explaination on the "tyre patch done internally". All the time just saw tyre shop repair the leakage as shown on astro boy picutre.

Top Bottom