Best place for tyre and wheels balancing for our E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
azaman, the 325i Sports WILL feel heavier and firmer. Combination of the wheels, non-adaptive steering and M-Suspension. Don't think you can do much unless you change the set up substantially. Why did you get the Sports if you didn't want this feel and wanted a more sedan ride? :confused:

My fault. Did not even test drive before I bought it. I just got it last week. I've done it before, ie buying a BM 5 series some time ago, without test driving and it was OK. The E65 that I also drive is shod with 245/55/18 front and rear, and it is not heavy at all. Anyway I had a talk with the manager at Ingress and they say that I can test drive a 325 with 17inch tyres and see how it performs before I make a decision. Thanks for the response, guys. I would appreciate any other feedback,also.

Yeah, never buy a car without testing it first. Do a back-to-back test drive of the 325 and 325 Sports like I did. Then you'll notice the difference between the two and you can choose between them. Deliberately go over some bumps and potholes - you'll definitely feel them more in a Sports.

Is IA allowing you to swop if you prefer the 325?

azaman, the 325 sports :

1. does not have active steering - steering feels heavier at low speeds
2. is lowered - feels more bumpy, but feels damn stable at high speeds

The 325 sports LCI will have paddle shifts too.

What I'm also going to do is to temporarily 'transfer' all 4 wheels of my E46, ie 205/55/16 to the new car and see how it runs, before I make a decision, because Ingress just called and said that a 325 with 17inch wheels is not readily available, and will tell me when it is.
As for an exchange, we have not talked about it yet.

azaman;415888 said:
What I'm also going to do is to temporarily 'transfer' all 4 wheels of my E46, ie 205/55/16 to the new car and see how it runs, before I make a decision, because Ingress just called and said that a 325 with 17inch wheels is not readily available, and will tell me when it is.
As for an exchange, we have not talked about it yet.

The offsets of the wheels for stock E46 wheels will not match well with E90 offsets. Yes, the E90 will ride a lot firmer compared to E46 which was softer in general.

Top Bottom