RFT vs Non RFT

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
I'm on non-RFT tires right now without having electrical pump and sealant , i'm a bit worried even all 4 tyres are new , may i know where to get the mobility kit beside purchase it from BMW ? any alternative one cost cheaper? Please share the shop and price thank you in advance :)

AiRBooM;782307 said:
I'm on non-RFT tires right now without having electrical pump and sealant , i'm a bit worried even all 4 tyres are new , may i know where to get the mobility kit beside purchase it from BMW ? any alternative one cost cheaper? Please share the shop and price thank you in advance :)

I asked Motorsports Division at Bandar Sunway and they hv the BMW Mobility Kit for RM700 and another which I cant recall its name. Gv them a call bro.... U can get their number at the Vendor Section

Akhie;782369 said:
I asked Motorsports Division at Bandar Sunway and they hv the BMW Mobility Kit for RM700 and another which I cant recall its name. Gv them a call bro.... U can get their number at the Vendor Section
thanks for the head up. however i just found an cheaper alternative mobility kit from DSH Tyre, Desa Sri Hartamas for around rm300 +++ , will go there collect on monday. :)

AiRBooM;782376 said:
thanks for the head up. however i just found an cheaper alternative mobility kit from DSH Tyre, Desa Sri Hartamas for around rm300 +++ , will go there collect on monday. :)

Good for u mate

Is there any truth in the rumour that other sealant mixture is hard to remove and the BMW ones are easy to? One vendor told me this story. I am sceptical.

Tumpang this thread...

Currently using the OEM M-sport 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear.

Found that the RFT botak easily. At 30,000km, 255 rear already botak. Thought of Goodyear non RFT F1 A2, but doesn't want to fit in 245 for rear since F1 A2 doesn't has 255 for the 17". Not interested in upgrading to 18".

Any good brand of Non RFT suitable for our 225 front and 255 rear 17"?

If there are no suitable non RFT for our sizes, will consider RFT, but hate that tyres crossing is not possible since the original M-sport are 225 front and 255 rear. Anyone upgraded to 255 front? What are the drawbacks for 255 front and 255 rear beside $ ?

Geometry;782480 said:
Tumpang this thread...

Currently using the OEM M-sport 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear.

Found that the RFT botak easily. At 30,000km, 255 rear already botak. Thought of Goodyear non RFT F1 A2, but doesn't want to fit in 245 for rear since F1 A2 doesn't has 255 for the 17". Not interested in upgrading to 18".

Any good brand of Non RFT suitable for our 225 front and 255 rear 17"?

If there are no suitable non RFT for our sizes, will consider RFT, but hate that tyres crossing is not possible since the original M-sport are 225 front and 255 rear. Anyone upgraded to 255 front? What are the drawbacks for 255 front and 255 rear beside $ ?

Go for Non RFT Champiro GT HPY 225/45/17 350MR per tyre and 255/40/17 550MR per tyre. Leon from Quicksave HP 012 202 0817. The problem with our 320d cars is the high torque eats ANY tyre botak fast-so no point putting down 4K ringgit for PS2 or close to 4K for FK452/453 and changing all 4 tyres in 3-6 months time unless you are real loaded or your company is paying for the tyres. Leon says the GT HPY is the tyre we should buy-good tyre! WUK51 tried it and was very happy!

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/GT-Radial/Champiro-HPY.htm

A superb thank you to the 320D taiko. :rock:

This tyre never in my shopping radar until your recommendation. Price for 4 tyres are RM1,800, comparing to per pcs at RM1,600 for 255/40/17 Potenza RE050A with 31% buy again review

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Bridgestone/Potenza-RE050A-Run-Flat.htm

At http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/GT-Radial/Champiro-HPY.htm, I read something interesting as below:

I have taken off Bridgestone Potenza RE050a RFT and replaced them with the GT Radial Champiro HPY, first off I will never have run flats on again! The comfort with a standard tyre is so much improved. These tyres are not a budget tyre, they are an economy tyre I find them to be real value for money cheaper than most "performance Tyres" (bridgestone, pirelli etc) and they are good on wet and dry conditions I wanted a good replacemant tyre for my BMW 320d M Sport and I found them!
tyre reviewed on November 3, 2011

My e92 fitted with bridgestone rft 225/45/17 all tyres. First time i changed after 28k...botak. The 2nd sets lasted 35k and still have about 10-20% left. I changed them anyway 2wks ago coz noisy already.

The difference why the 2nd sets lasted longer coz i use n2. And alignment & rotate tyre at 10k km.

Most tyre shop will tell u that it last longer if u put n2....i agree with that.

Anyone used nexen n8000 yet? Got myself 18 inch 193M rims and itching to try non rft soon as some bros here commented on a better ride with them. Was thinking between this or toyo t1r but from reviews GT hpy has the stiffest side walls which should mimic our oem rft ride's cornering ability closely

kuntakinte;785725 said:
Anyone used nexen n8000 yet? Got myself 18 inch 193M rims and itching to try non rft soon as some bros here commented on a better ride with them. Was thinking between this or toyo t1r but from reviews GT hpy has the stiffest side walls which should mimic our oem rft ride's cornering ability closely

you could try goodyear assymetric 2's. i'm using them currently on my 18's and they are grippy tyres, and good value for money for their specs. warning, though, some guys have complained of vibrations when using these rubbers. i don't feel them on mine, but perhaps i'm not as sensitive.
congrats on the upgrade! welcome to the 18sx club

Thanks Bro maniac, f1 asym was number 1 on my list until as you said, I read the vibration comments. Also, side walls tend to be rather soft which may affect cornering ability

Was told due to F1 Asym soft side walls, vibration resonance is felt around 140-160kmh as reported by a few users who kicked up a fuss at autoworld while some noted this issue to only affect the early 2012 batch.

Champiro GT has very hard side walls which should mimic RFT closely but poor wear and frankly, not much confidence in the brand name

Nexen N8000 seems to be a good all rounder with its asymmetric pattern and stronger sidewalls than F1.

Since most tires whether el cheapo or premium tend to suffer performance plunge at 50% threadlife, economically it makes more sense and sen to consider an averagely priced all rounder and so far, that nexen seems good value. Anyone had any experience with them on their UDM?

From the OEM bridgestone rft, I've changed the rear tyres to GT Champiro HPY, few months later I changed the front tyres. The wear wasn't poor, I think the rear can last for a year. Mine is 320d turbo. Perhaps I didn't floor it often enough. :1:

However, after the front tyres changed, I could feel less stiff of the car. Bouncy at the front. Affecting cornering ability straight away.

But I didn't notice vibration resonance as mentioned by kuntakinte on the F1 Asym.

I don't feel grip has much different from the RFT due to higher speed index as compared to the OEM bridgestone RFT.

Noise:
This is way too quiet as compared to the RFT. I could now hear the engine roaring sound.

hey ya.. sorry out off topic..

how often u guys do alignment? every 5k km? 10k km?

mine did every 10k km, but tyre still "makan dalam".... :14:

Is it "on wheel" alignment is better ?

DICE;840355 said:
hey ya.. sorry out off topic..

how often u guys do alignment? every 5k km? 10k km?

mine did every 10k km, but tyre still "makan dalam".... :14:

Is it "on wheel" alignment is better ?

I think 5k or 10k kind of overkill; unless your car underused. For averaged drivers i think alignment once every 6 months is good. Do you mean "on wheel" as in wheel balancing? Yes for our RWD cars, get the front wheels on wheel balanced for a more beautiful driving experience.

My PS2 front pregnanted and rear PS2 botak, so call Leon to put on the the Campiron. It is harder than PS2 and a bit noiser. Grip no match with PS2 but pulling still OK with Campiron. When PS2 is on you feel you glue to the floor!

So guys, which u recommend? Champiro or the nexen n8000? Price wise any diff? I change my RFT to non RFT falken n it lasted me about a year ( approx 60 k km) . But the wall edges were soft n I told my self to change back to an RFT if this worn out. But the reviews here stated that the champiro wall is as hard as the RFT and I don't mind trying them, but r they a reputable brand n safe? To tell u he truth , I never heard of them until today :rock:... Anyhow hope to get some feedback....cheers!!

Top Bottom