Best place for tyre and wheels balancing for our E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
feisaldzul;401775 said:
check out Consistent Distinction at Taman Sri Manja off Old Klang Road (behind Heritage which is facing NPE)

PM me for more details

+1000 :top:

all my cars are sent to this shop only

FIRZ, off-wheel balancing is sufficient if your wheels and tyres are in good condition. On-wheel balancing is only required if there still is vibration after doing an off-wheel, to take into account other uneven weight factors that come in after mounting the wheels, such as unmatched aftermarket lock-nuts, drive-train issues, and so on.

If you have none of the latter, then it's down to your new 193s and Falkens. Lim Tayar generally know what they're doing. If you bought the 193s new from the BMW dealers, you should go back to them. Similarly, if you bought the Falkens from a reputable tyre shop. If you didn't buy them from the dealers/reputable shop, you could be looking at quality issues.

Another thing is, if you feel the shimmy in your steering wheel, then it's the front wheels; if you feel it in your bum, it's the back wheels. Did the guy say why your back wheels needed remounting? Maybe your front need it too, and if you don't have staggered wheels, you could swop back to front as a simple test.

Schwepps;406322 said:
FIRZ, off-wheel balancing is sufficient if your wheels and tyres are in good condition. On-wheel balancing is only required if there still is vibration after doing an off-wheel, to take into account other uneven weight factors that come in after mounting the wheels, such as unmatched aftermarket lock-nuts, drive-train issues, and so on.

If you have none of the latter, then it's down to your new 193s and Falkens. Lim Tayar generally know what they're doing. If you bought the 193s new from the BMW dealers, you should go back to them. Similarly, if you bought the Falkens from a reputable tyre shop. If you didn't buy them from the dealers/reputable shop, you could be looking at quality issues.

Another thing is, if you feel the shimmy in your steering wheel, then it's the front wheels; if you feel it in your bum, it's the back wheels. Did the guy say why your back wheels needed remounting? Maybe your front need it too, and if you don't have staggered wheels, you could swop back to front as a simple test.

Thanks Schwepps,

I'll do the on-wheel balancing before checking on the tyre or rims quality.

FIRZ67;406218 said:
Hi Danc,

I went to Lim Tayar TTDI last wednesday last week and did the balancing with them.But the supervisor overthere says that it could be due to :
1. Tyre mounting and roundness issues.He said the tyre that I choose which is Falken ZE522 225/40/18 does not really suit the car.The tyre may have some roundness issues.He said the tyre surfaces roundness is not perfectly round.Frankly I never heard this problem when using this same tyre for my previous civic FD.
He also refuse to do on wheel having said that if the tyre issues not resolve.Have anyone experienced this?Any good tyres recommended?

2.Second issues was a tyre mounting and he did a remounting works on both my rear tyre.

After that I went outstation and did't really test the car until mid of last week .This week took a car for a drive , I found out that the vibration issues while travelling at 80-90 kmh is stiil there.When the car travel above 120 kmh,there is no vibration but the steering feel makes my driving nervous (not firm enough).I dont think that this is the real character of our E90.

Do I still need 'on wheel balancing' before considering changing tyres?

Hi Firz67,

Uncle Schwepps as always is spot on with regards to your predicament, but I am no tire expert but I have seen tires which are "less" round causing vibrations issues. Some are so bad that even on the off-wheel balancing machine, you can see them wobbling a little. I have never used Falken so can really comment, but currently I am using Goodyear F1 and I have no issues.

danc

Saw one Tyre Guardian advertisement in the forum where liquid/sealant is injected into the tyres standing by to fill up any puncture that may occur. Its not such a good idea having liquid moving about in your tyres when you can driving fast. Anyone using this in their tyres?

I saw a similar product sold in "HomeFix" 1-Utama and its actually meant for bicycle, didn't know they are being used in car tyres as well.. :eek:

racheltoh;406638 said:
Someone told me Schewepps not old la.....so no need Uncle..:p

I can confirm that after I had drinks with him couple of weeks ago... I don't know who started this "unker" thingy. Actually, I now remember who's the fire starter but why bring up old sewerage ya, hahahaha!

Ya our Unker is not Uncle old as I expected :wink:. No where close to the bald, overweight, and way out of fashion dude I was expecting to see. In fact I think he's probably fitter than me LOL. Not bad at all for someone who has Uni going kids!!

Amazing what being young at heart can do to one physically hehe.

its not what being young at heart, but that helps of course. I think its more to do with being 'The Ultimate Driving Machine' :)

Oopps did I say something wrong...sorry lah Schwepps. was calling you Uncle out of respect. No hard feelings I hope.

Hey, no way young man! I don't mind being called uncle at all. Got over it when I was 28 and a young electrician called me uncle. :eek:

Cheers! :beer:

E46Fanatic;406787 said:
Ya our Unker is not Uncle old as I expected :wink:. No where close to the bald, overweight, and way out of fashion dude I was expecting to see. In fact I think he's probably fitter than me LOL. Not bad at all for someone who has Uni going kids!!

Amazing what being young at heart can do to one physically hehe.

Actually Schweeps looked like he is in our age group!!!

What is your secret for looking so young!! SHARE WITH US la!!!!!:top:

Cheers

You already know wat, ALBundy...

- Drive a Bimmer. specifically a 3, not a 5 and definitely not a 7. :burnout:
- Open top button of shirt. :cool:
- Talk to friends, but still scan the bar. :handkiss::

dear Sifus......

I have a question.... and pls forgive me if this appears dumb...

How often do you need to do the balancing and alignment for a new 3 ?

thanks

ebby37;408947 said:
dear Sifus......

I have a question.... and pls forgive me if this appears dumb...

How often do you need to do the balancing and alignment for a new 3 ?

thanks

The alignment guy at the tyre shop told me every 6-7k km.

Msport, do u bring ur car to tyre shop every 6-7k for balancing n alignment?

so far i didnt lor. just rely on my check up at dealer only..

racheltoh;409000 said:
Msport, do u bring ur car to tyre shop every 6-7k for balancing n alignment?

so far i didnt lor. just rely on my check up at dealer only..

Honestly, I didn't do it and the check up at dealer also won't cover that (correct me if I am wrong)

As a result, my tyres were "eating" on certain sides though I didn't feel anything when driving on the road. The alignment guru at the tyre shop says don't wait until the steering gets pulled to one side or when we notice some uneven wear on the tyres to bring in for realignment.

Painful lesson learnt cos I had to change my tyres though the thread is still there but the wear was really uneven.

Top Bottom