RFT or non RFT?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Vynner

Club Guest
My Old tyres must go now after noticing that it has fall below the safety mark.Time has come for me to decide staying with the RFT or change it to the non RFT?Can some sifus here give me some advise?Thanks alot.Vynner

O sweet child o' mine, SLASH was here! Still da best ax-man ever! :thrasher:

Stick with RFTs mate. They're safe in any situation (I had a blowout-like flat last year and didn't notice a thing) and you don't have to bother with mobility kits or doughnut spares and jacks. The 3-gen RFTs are better and cheaper. A full staggered set of Michelin PS2 RFTs for the 325i is only RM5,300 now. Not much more than a set of normal PS3s or F1s or P-Zeros.

Bro Schwepps, thanks for sharing. In your experience how many kms do you get with your set of RFTs? Rotate back to front in between?
....take me down to the paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty!"

My ori set of Bridgestones are just about worn out at 2 yrs and a bit and 40k. Already sussed out the PS2 RFTs and current prices. Can't rotate staggered wheels back to front bro, the rears are wider.

Take me down to paradise city?? No...she's got a smile that it seems to me...reminds me of childhood memories...where everything...was as fresh as the bright blue sky... But who cares about lyrics when you're rockin' to the best riff in history? :rock:

yea i know that the RFT is much safer incase of blow out at high speed but normal PS3 cost about RM2300.
The difference of RM2700 is very tempting.
Was thinking if the advantage is not too much is it really worth the RM2700 that i pay for on RFT PS2

^^

"Cause nothin' lasts forever, even cold November rain. Don't ya think that you need somebody, don't ya think that you need someone..." :cool:

It depends on the sizes, tracks and profiles you need mate. For my 225/40/18s & 255/35/18s, a set of PS3s would still cost RM3,600 I believe. So the diff is only RM1,700. Just being able to continue driving with zero air is worth the diff, not to mention not slammin' into the divider at +160kmh. When I had that full to zero air incident, I was at 100kmh on a highway. Not a flinch and my kids continued sleeping at the back. :top:

I changed my stock CSC to Michelin Primacy HP ZP RFT. But I might revert to normal tyres with mobility kit once the Mich wears down. To me, as long as the tyre pressure sensor is still working, it should be enuf to indicate when I have a puncture. I am of course disregarding rare occurences such high speed blowouts.

You have TPMS tyre pressure sensors in your ride? I only have the RFI Run Flat Indicator, which worked when I had the big one, but didn't pip up at all in the 3 nails I've had so far in 2 yrs. Hate driving around with nails that I don't know about. Our roads are so badly maintained there are nails and screws galore. :62:

I've been driving with Bridgestone RE050A , done about 20k km with it now and it still looks like its gonna hold on another 20k, with CSC2 previously, would need to change my rear tires when about 25k km. beginning to love RFT more, harder sidewalls too. and change ya tires in Singapore, saves you a bundle.

The harder sidewalls are also good for other things.... :rolleyes:

Go figure.... :D

Its all about your priorities..

If safety is paramount, then your choice is clear, go RFT. Sadly many think otherwise.. including yours truly. :D

guns n roses lol

should a car without RFT change to RFT as well ?
seems like e60/e90 owners considering to change to RFT just for the reason that their car previously has RFT

Yeah GNR, and pulled out my Zepellin and Purple CDs again too. Because that was real music and those were real musicians. Not the pop cr*p you hear now, where the singers can't play anything and would sound as bad as a karaoke bar without all the electronic aids and bikinis n b*tts. :)

E90 owners consider continuing with RFT for 2 reasons: No spare, and 3-gen RFTs are better and cheaper that the earlier versions. I have a 3rd reason: I personally experienced the safety and convenience of RFTs last year and was converted.

Throw in Santana and Bad Company as well and we're talking "ROCK" bro !:top:
RFT rules - better be safe than sorry. Cheers.
Schwepps;550156 said:
Yeah GNR, and pulled out my Zepellin and Purple CDs again too. Because that was real music and those were real musicians. Not the pop cr*p you hear now, where the singers can't play anything and would sound as bad as a karaoke bar without all the electronic aids and bikinis n b*tts. :)

E90 owners consider continuing with RFT for 2 reasons: No spare, and 3-gen RFTs are better and cheaper that the earlier versions. I have a 3rd reason: I personally experienced the safety and convenience of RFTs last year and was converted.

And Hendrix, Allman, Clapton, Van Halen...so many rock guitar greats with songs that have become classics defining their era. Will 'Paparazzi' and 'Telephone' become classics too? :D Slash in the flesh was electrifying!

+1. Better peace of mind at +160kmh than worrying about a calamity.

im using non rft though...
how much does rft 19 " staggered cost?

Good rock hits are few and far in between these days...fully agree. That's why I keep my Guitar Hero close by for when I need a good dose of head banging!

But if you listen, there are some ter-riff-ic gems out there ... i'm probably gonna get flamed for this but Orianthi's "According to You" has a spectacular electric solo!

Had a look thru the tires' section of the forum, and there doesn't really seem to be a good inventory of experience on RFT makes and prices. Do most shops carry them or is there some serious shopping around to be done for the best prices?

M5port - you get yours changed in S'pore??? worth the trip or not?

sharp;550221 said:
im using non rft though...
how much does rft 19 " staggered cost?

Sharp.......might be 7k...ish, my staggered RFTPS2 on 193 M Sports 18 was already 6k plus at that time.

Maniac, i don't disagree with you on Orianthi. The new rock guitarists in this millenium are GURLS! She's good. And she's certainly more pleasant to the eyes than any of the guitar greats of the past, ha ha! Except maybe Prince? :D

Not much of a choice here for RFTs frankly. Admittedly, I only look at Pirellis, Michelins and Bridgestones. Pirellis are never in stock. Bridgestones are still pricey. So it's Michellin PS2s at RM1,150 for fronts and RM1,500 for rears for my 193M 18s...RM5,300 total before bargaining. Sounds reasonable to me, as PS2s are gur-rate tyres. :top:

Top Bottom