QUILL has done it again! Majorly PISSED!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
racheltoh;535601 said:
NCH...be thankful. My friend's car leaking from the rear...and car is less than 2 month old. Quill is fixing it too...

WOW! Don't think I can take this .. I might actually ask for a new car

For those who say headlight vibration is perfectly normal

http://www.bmwtis.com/tsb/bulletins/bulletin_graphic_temp/B631307g.htm

Yes I know the auto-leveling function moves the lens up & down but not normal if excessive .. although the service bulletin is meant for some 2004-2006 cars, some people in U.S. have reported noticeable improvement on their later E90s.

I emailed this to SC and hope they'll give it a try. I hate to hear "we checked but found no faults" as much as "technical problem" heard everywhere in Malaysia.

Click here to help the kids...http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35244[/URL]

noname.jpg

So sad to hear of these problems, which are ludicrous for a luxury car. NCH, my 2008 CKD pre-LCI has no jiggling headlights or a single rattle from any part, even when going over the yellow speed reducing lines before toll plazas. And I'm on 18" RFTs pumped up hard to 36/40 psi. It's 2 years old and still rock solid...as a luxury car should be.

I think the LCIs suffered a drop in either component or assembly quality, which is surprising and unacceptable for a facelifted model. So don't accept the "it's normal" cr*p from the SCs and quickly escalate to BMWM to get your problems fixed.

Naah.. Doesn't matter la. Proton ka, BMW ka, Autohaus ka semua sama saja. All useless and have exactly the same attitude... They just want the easiest way to get profit. Why why why...

I am very sad now. You got your new car and already a lot of problems... I feel very sorry for you. Next time, just send your car to IA(although lack of quality because it's getting busier as all others are running away to there) because it seems like Quill is not helping you even a bit at all. Just complaint, this is for the good of BMW, and the image of BMW Malaysia. If this still happening, then bye bye BMW Malaysia.

I once found a thread about the noise insulation problem. I can't seem to find it anywhere because it was last year. He was from Penang and he sent his car like 3-4 times just for the same problem. He ended up putting some sort of tape on around the black lining or something. That solved his problem. I think you should go for it.

EDIT: Yours is CKD right?

As a matter of fact, i wouldnt care or too bothered with all these 'problems' if BMWs here is priced equivalent to the US market...should be ard USD35-40k which translates into RM100-130k. For a car worth such price tag, what more can i ask? Seriously? Remember most of the $$$ goes into the Gomen pocket, that explains why the BMW attitude.... my 2 cts!

NCH;535594 said:
Nothing was recorded. No proof. No evidence. They didn't give me a job sheet unlike my first visit.

If they have done the wheel alignment for me, no way they'd say they're going to do it again.

The only thing I noticed was the car wash. Maybe that was just a cover up to distract.

Quill does a damn good car wash I must say...spotless outside and inside too...

NCH;535593 said:
OK this is what i meant by noise insulation. It was Syahmi who confirmed with me about the noise. He took my car for a drive and told me all the M-sports models are affected because of the black window trim (is it black interior or black window trim)? . I always have the doors & windows properly closed but it just feels like something's not tightly secured. I have a 320d courtesy car with me now and it doesn't have such noise coming from the outside.

What Syahmi suggested was to put some body tape and it might fix it. I sent it my car yesterday morning and this was one of the things to solve. When I went back to pick up my car, they said they readjusted all doors instead of putting on the tape. The door readjustments (if they did it) did nothing. I wasn't too happy about it and that's when they decided to try using the body tape.

So tell us, did the tape improve anything?

So far so good NCH...maybe the tape did help....wait a few days for 2nd report...

Spaceman;535701 said:
As a matter of fact, i wouldnt care or too bothered with all these 'problems' if BMWs here is priced equivalent to the US market...should be ard USD35-40k which translates into RM100-130k. For a car worth such price tag, what more can i ask? Seriously? Remember most of the $$$ goes into the Gomen pocket, that explains why the BMW attitude.... my 2 cts!

That's exactly what I thought. If I only paid RM150k for the 325i, I will tolerate the small problems. It's very embarrassing when I tell others what problems my car has.

BMW =
Bring More Worries
Banyak Masuk Workshop

I don't think we should lower our expectations on either the car or the service. German products are acknowledged the world over to be of the highest standards in design, quality and build; and BMW sits in the higher echelon of German products. For equivalent models, they're more expensive than Mercs and Audis. In service, Ingress is the best among the local dealers, but from my experience, it still can't touch Cycle & Carraige where every customer is a VIP.

If we choose and buy premium, we should get premium, not something we compromise on or are embarrassed about.

Spaceman;535701 said:

To the Americans, a car above US$25K is already a premium. Over here prices are artificially inflated. Do expect A LOT from a US$35-40K automobile. One can almost buy entry level Porsche also with that kind of money.

A Porsche Boxter starts at US$47k. A Cayman US$52k. The Porsche showroom was near the BMW showroom I visited there. :p

PS: For what I paid for my 325i Sports, I could get a 2010 Carrera there. 335i owners would be driving GT3s and Turbos. :bawling:

this is crazy folks....i am quite pissed with Auto Bavaria now..my center console has some rattling sound from day 1 as soon as I left the showroom and they are not really sure how to fix it..car only done 200km so far : (

now they've suggested to setup appointment to remove the console and check inside...damn.
haven't really been able to enjoy my new baby yet..but the power is awsome..just waiting to unleash the beast

wonder why i didn't for see all these issue before selecting

Pissed off with Auto Bavaria, they are way overworked and can't get their act together. Things the car gets sent in for takes forever to fix, and not always comes back right.

Pissed off with Sapura, they've had an in-workshop car accident with my car, as well as serviced the wrong car when I sent two in.

Wondering a bit about Quill. They fixed my car in good time, but steering vibration is still there. Will give them another shot. Looks to have not enough SAs. The fact that the workshop is off-site in Puchong and not in the PJ centre I send to makes me wonder 2x.

That leaves Ingress. I see many familiar AB Segambut faces there.

I guess my experience with AB Sungei Besi is similar. Sent the car in to fix the creaking door sounds, it seemed as if the sound was a bit less when I picked the car up at the end of the day but the noise came back the day after.

Went back two months later and the customer service rep said they had no record of putting the body tape to fix the creaking doors but promised to do it then. I was like WTF... thankfully my sales rep has been very helpful but still, they don't live up to the premium brand they represent.

j0shua;536178 said:
Pissed off with Auto Bavaria, they are way overworked and can't get their act together. Things the car gets sent in for takes forever to fix, and not always comes back right.

Pissed off with Sapura, they've had an in-workshop car accident with my car, as well as serviced the wrong car when I sent two in.

Wondering a bit about Quill. They fixed my car in good time, but steering vibration is still there. Will give them another shot. Looks to have not enough SAs. The fact that the workshop is off-site in Puchong and not in the PJ centre I send to makes me wonder 2x.

That leaves Ingress. I see many familiar AB Segambut faces there.

how is AB Segambut standard of sevice there? Need to know as my ride will be towed there soon for repairs.:cool:

Quill just called and told me my car is ready for collection. SA called, not the service advisor.

he said wheel alignment is done, body tape is applied & the car has been washed. They didn't fix the headlight vibration because some brackets will only arrive in 2 weeks. It's better this time that they finally acknowledge the excessive vibration is not normal.

Going to pick up by car at 4ish, will report results later.

Btw, the 320d is a BEAST. Really impressed with the amount of torque in a car like this. The car feels lighter, steering is lighter also, so much pulling power to overtake other cars on the road. I drive like more like an axxhole in 320d hehe. Fuel economy is awesome, i pumped RM 40 this morning to buy almost half tank ..

If only 320d comes with iDrive ....

dzuljazz2001;536265 said:
how is AB Segambut standard of sevice there? Need to know as my ride will be towed there soon for repairs.:cool:

AB Sungei Besi, I mean, not AB Segambut! Those guys moved over to Ingress a couple of years ago.
Sori, never used Segambut before, although I have been there. Maybe there's less workshop traffic, so more attention to detail? :p

you know what? They have failed me yet another time.

Went to pick up my car. SA and service advisor told me it's all good. They did the alignment and took my car for a drive. They said it's good now. 1 minute after i drove it, i just turned back and told them it's the same. I'm not being difficult ok but when i have my hands off the steering wheel, the car would just pull to the left. One mechanic went for a drive with me and confirmed it, he said it might be the tyre pressure. So we went back to get the tyre pressure right and went for another drive .. it was still the same. The service advisor could only tell me that their alignment facility is in puchong but the one test driving my car was from PJ. SA tried to tell me it's normal and that's how I got more pissed off. I almost made a scene there and the the service exec ASSURED ME AGAIN that he will monitor the job personally this time.

So this is their third attempt to fix the alignment problem, my second time taking the same courtesy car in the same week. They already assured me that they'd only after getting my car fixed.

Just another painful 2 hours dealing with incompetent people at Quill. Btw, the body tape did help on the noise insulation. Cabin has become quieter to my liking.

Unfortunately, I'll have to bring in my car again 2 weeks later to fix the headlight vibration. They said the headlight assembly is loose and some brackets should fix it.

After the alignemtn & headlight fix, I'm soooo not going back to Quill again. Friggin nightmares!! I didn't even wanna argue today, I'm numb.

If you're currently having your car serviced at other dealerships and not satisfied, you can totally forget about coming to Quill in PJ. They might be able to fix some problem at time, but so far they have only managed to disappoint.

Hello Ingress! :)

Top Bottom