Question re : BMW 116i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bmwkoon

Club Guest
hi everyone, Mind to check for me how many "ignition keys" & "set of tools" that u got listed in VEHICLE DELIVERY NOTE when u purchase ur 1 series.Also, i found a weird problem with my 116i , when i start my engine with my front bonnet open, then turning around my steering wheels, there is sequence of friction sound (soundz like knocking) arises from engine compartment, is it normal ??? i was told by my salesman that it is normal reaction of the steering pump..............................need comment from professional like you guyz~~thanx you very much

Apa PM.. PM..

Must share ma... :D

The power steering minyak got cukup or not? U should not turn your steering with the car stationary because its stressing out the power steering system. Do it too often and you will experience looseness in the steering rack.

Why are u opening your bonnet and listening to the power steering system? Its hydraulic driven and definitely have noise.

Best ask the SC at your 1st service... what...10k km?

My dear BMWkoon it will be nice of you to intruduce your good self at the newbee section before asking any question here. Tq

Yeah it's a bit strange that you have the bonnet open and turning the steering while its stationary...!

It maybe the sound of the rubber tyres rubbing against the floor. It is similar to the sound when you are in a car park area where you have to take a tight corner??

bmwkoon;269691 said:
hi everyone,
Mind to check for me how many "ignition keys" & "set of tools" that u got listed in VEHICLE DELIVERY NOTE when u purchase ur 1 series.

Also, i found a weird problem with my 116i , when i start my engine with my front bonnet open, then turning around my steering wheels, there is sequence of friction sound (soundz like knocking) arises from engine compartment, is it normal ??? i was told by my salesman that it is normal reaction of the steering pump..............................

need comment from professional like you guyz~~

thanx you very much

There are 2 sets of keys given. Set of tools in the boot includes towing hook all got lah. U better send the car to be checked. Shouldn't have the sound from friction. PM itu private message or prime minister or past midnight or whatever u want it to be lah!

Top Bottom