New SKD F10 523i

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
523 Skd specs are pretty descent but for those who own/have driven e60 525 & 530, 528 would be the obvious choice (except for a handful few who can afford the 535). the 528 Skd is expected to be launched in few months time & by then, it will be year end. Imo, better to wait for 2011 car.

safri;548448 said:
523 Skd specs are pretty descent but for those who own/have driven e60 525 & 530, 528 would be the obvious choice (except for a handful few who can afford the 535). the 528 Skd is expected to be launched in few months time & by then, it will be year end. Imo, better to wait for 2011 car.

Yes, but at that price range you have an awful lot of choices inc Cayenne, X5, XF, Boxter, E300 etc. It needs to be darn gud one!:wink:

pswchan;548571 said:
Yes, but at that price range you have an awful lot of choices inc Cayenne, X5, XF, Boxter, E300 etc. It needs to be darn gud one!:wink:

Cayenne & X5 are not apple-for-apple comparisons. XF is a good comparison but based on e60 experience, the 530 was priced cheaper than the Jag's and this coupled with resale value are the main reasons why you see 8 530s' for 1 Jag on the road. 528 price will hover around E300 level.

pswchan;548571 said:

Cayenne is ugly, will drain your wallet through it's sick petrol prices and road tax. Plus servicing of that car is costly and not many people know how to fix it properly. X5, if you were looking at a sports sedan i don't think a SAV will be interesting to you. Boxster is a car for losers than can't afford a 911. E300 is rubbish and ugly and this being the BMW forum , you got to be really stubborn with brand loyalty to buy that car :wink:

alpina b5;548597 said:
Cayenne is ugly, will drain your wallet through it's sick petrol prices and road tax. Plus servicing of that car is costly and not many people know how to fix it properly. X5, if you were looking at a sports sedan i don't think a SAV will be interesting to you. Boxster is a car for losers than can't afford a 911. E300 is rubbish and ugly and this being the BMW forum , you got to be really stubborn with brand loyalty to buy that car :wink:

Haha, what a frank observation bro. :top:

But seriously, can see more W212s on the road lately. But the F10 is slowly catching up!

I do adore the XF lines though. :eek:

safri;548448 said:

But the year's manufactured car always comes after CNY, which is a bummer really. BMW like all other makes always use CNY to clear the previous year's cars. So, for the longest break during the year (besides Hari Raya), will have to drive around an old car, and when serious work begins after CNY, get a new car and have much less time enjoying the car with family?

macdaque;548689 said:
But the year's manufactured car always comes after CNY, which is a bummer really. BMW like all other makes always use CNY to clear the previous year's cars. So, for the longest break during the year (besides Hari Raya), will have to drive around an old car, and when serious work begins after CNY, get a new car and have much less time enjoying the car with family?

Not necessarily. Mercedes were delivering 2010 made W212 E class in January 2010. Let's see if BMW will do the same in 2011.

Regarding the the apple for apple comparisons, that is not important as you have a bigger choice around the half million ringgit mark. You can choose to spend RM300k or RM550k if you like whereas if your budget is RM300k, your choices are limited. It's also false that a person cannot be choosing between a Boxter and, say, a 528i. Why not? Earlier this year I was choosing between Z4, TT, E200, 523, S80 and Q5. They are different cars but so what?:stupid:

pswchan;548762 said:
Not necessarily. Mercedes were delivering 2010 made W212 E class in January 2010. Let's see if BMW will do the same in 2011.

Thanks for pointing this out - hope the BMW guys are listening clearly. This is BAD BMW practice! Using the Chinese's buying power and CNY to exploit clearance of the previous year's car make, without giving consumers a choice (by having the current year's manufactured car for sale alongside the previous year's manufactured car at a discount presumably). Another attempt by BMW to boost earnings at the expense of consumers!

alpina b5;547823 said:
http://paultan.org/2010/07/30/ckd-bmw-523i-introduced-price-lowered-by-rm15k/

is the car ckd or skd? im confused. paultan says its a ckd. and the rm 15000 drop from the cbu is a bit small. barely 5% of the price. regardless of the extra goodies it comes with. =(

Those who have gone for the factory visits in the old Shah Alam plant and Kulim plant will know that currently all BMW assembled here are SKD (Semi knocked Down) and not (CKD (Completely Knocked Down) ...

in the SKD program, all the body parts have been painted according to the sale orders, no welding required as the main chassis/frame comes in a single piece..

pswchan;548762 said:

Regarding the the apple for apple comparisons, that is not important as you have a bigger choice around the half million ringgit mark. You can choose to spend RM300k or RM550k if you like whereas if your budget is RM300k, your choices are limited. It's also false that a person cannot be choosing between a Boxter and, say, a 528i. Why not? Earlier this year I was choosing between Z4, TT, E200, 523, S80 and Q5. They are different cars but so what?:stupid:

So, what car did you end up getting?.

ALBundy;548224 said:
It all depends on the specs.

Just a note, all the F10s sold in Msia comes with active integral steering, which is an expensive option in other countries.

I would choose active integral steering over comfort access and etc :)

What's de difference with current active steering, may I know?

fabianyee;548815 said:
Those who have gone for the factory visits in the old Shah Alam plant and Kulim plant will know that currently all BMW assembled here are SKD (Semi knocked Down) and not (CKD (Completely Knocked Down) ...

in the SKD program, all the body parts have been painted according to the sale orders, no welding required as the main chassis/frame comes in a single piece..

tell paultan haha

My F10

My F10 523 SKD acc fail after 4 days.

The BMW service is suck, i got my F10 on last 2 weeks and the acc fail after i get the car 4 days :(

I sent my car to Segambut branch for service b4 i leave to Singapore and the service team took 2 hours to check & pass back the car to me with the same problem. My family & i feel like in sauna when i drove my car to Singapore and back from Singapore. i complaint it to BMW & no one fr BMW care about my complaint and i feel very regretted to buy a car which cost RM400k with lower quality than my Wish and Vios. My Japanese car never fail me and i'm very satisfy with my Japanese car.

After facing the F10 problem now my e90 325 also giving me problem, the aircon fail and produce the very noisy "wo" sound when i turn the aircon to the max. Beside that, i facing warranty problem too during the car still under warranty. The service doesn't claim the warranty for me when my car still under warranty and they don't allow me to claim the warranty after the warranty period over although i claim the warranty before warranty expire.

I feel very very disappointed about the BMW's quality and the F10 will be the last BMW i buy. :(
This is my personal experience and just want to share with forumer here.

ben10;553047 said:

The BMW service is suck, i got my F10 on last 2 weeks and the acc fail after i get the car 4 days :(

I sent my car to Segambut branch for service b4 i leave to Singapore and the service team took 2 hours to check & pass back the car to me with the same problem. My family & i feel like in sauna when i drove my car to Singapore and back from Singapore. i complaint it to BMW & no one fr BMW care about my complaint and i feel very regretted to buy a car which cost RM400k with lower quality than my Wish and Vios. My Japanese car never fail me and i'm very satisfy with my Japanese car.

After facing the F10 problem now my e90 325 also giving me problem, the aircon fail and produce the very noisy "wo" sound when i turn the aircon to the max. Beside that, i facing warranty problem too during the car still under warranty. The service doesn't claim the warranty for me when my car still under warranty and they don't allow me to claim the warranty after the warranty period over although i claim the warranty before warranty expire.

I feel very very disappointed about the BMW's quality and the F10 will be the last BMW i buy. :(

i seriously am doubting about the truthfulness is your statement. you have terrible english. regarding problems on quality of SKD's, yes I have heard of problems about the E90's. But to say all BMW's are bad just because of the SKD acc problem will do the brand much unjust. I have a CBU (fully imported) BMW and it never gave me any problems. I had a real Japanese Toyota [Toyota Cygnus V8] that gave me so much nightmares I had to sold it within 4 years after purchase. (ur vios is from thailand and assembled in Malaysia).

I know my English terrible :)
Up to u to believe it or not, i m telling what i face now.
If u don't believe me u call Mr.Pruven in Segambut branch to check and for my E90 u call to Mr. Rajan in Sg. Besi branch, the salemen who sold the car to me to check.

In fact, i suppose to get the CBU F10 but end up they give me the SKD version and tell me BMW no longer carry in the CBU version anymore. I ordered the car on May.

SO far, my wish and Vios never give me any problem. May be i m lucky :)

ben10;553047 said:

Yes, I know Puven (not sure of spelling but the pronunciation is about there) in Segambut, and I believe you. You have to talk to someone higher up, as Puven cannot decide on warranty matters. If you persuade them hard enough, they can give you a courtesy car, as they have done so for me. Write to BMW, and that may also help. It is very discomforting to find such problems with a new car - to them, it is only an a/c problem (only one part), but to us driving, the a/c determines comfort and our every experience sitting in a BMW. And what I have found in the past, when the a/c has a problem, you cannot even turn on the blower (not even with the a/c power off), as very hot exhaust air blows out, hot enough to fry an egg. So, if it is raining and you have an a/c problem, that would be the world's greatest joke with one of the most expensive car makes: Drive with rain coming in, or toast in the oven! I know because I have experienced it before (as many others have)!

Sorry to hear about your painful a/c problem with the f10...dejavu for many of e60 first batch buyers. Lesson for all of us: if possible, avoid getting the first batch cars. with all the new stuff & technology fitted into the car, even the service guys would need time to adjust and get themselves familiarised with the machine, most of the time from on-the-job encounters, ie trials-and-errors. Class room trainings as everyone knows stay in the class.

Top Bottom