Need Advice Buying UDM

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bimmer818

Club Guest
Hi UDM owners!I am in need of advice on which is a better buy viz E90 325i or E60 525i.Presently I own 2 units E46 323i and will be putting them up for sale.Thanks.

Need Advice Buying UDM

BMW7833 thanks but I am trying to decide whether E60 or E90 525i or 325i.

Thanks Mizhan for the suggestion but I cannot afford 2 new cars and I only need 1 car.

I am selling my cars because my wife will be transferred to work in China for 2 years, hence I must definately sell at least 1 unit ie my wife's unit has to go. I will sell my unit once I have decided whether it will be the E90 or E60.

Frankly, I am not a fan of the present E90 or E60 design but would wish to upgrade mainly because of the 6 speed, active steering and I-drive features. I understand these 3 features are standard in the E60 whereas for the E90, active steering is an option.

Since 1984, I have been a UDM owner, from E30, E36 and presently E46 and the E46 is by far my favourite. I have kept both my present cars in pristine condition and will be sad to let them go. I will be going into uncharted territory and really appreciate some advice related to problems (if any) experienced by E60 and E90 owners.

Thanks.

In terms of bells and whistles, the E60 certainly outshines the E90. Not to mention interior build quality i.e dials, buttons, gaps at the seams etc. The E90 has a number of problems concerning the interior. Squeaks and rattles just to name a few. I have never owned an E60 so I can't comment from an owner's perspective. And then of course, there is the prestige factor.

But seeing as you already have misgivings on the current 3 & 5 series designs, perhaps it might be a better idea to wait a few months longer. If you preferred the subdued elegance of the E39 as opposed to the aggressive stance of the E60, the F10 might just do the trick for you. It appears to be more of an evolution from the E39 and E90; rather so if you take into account, the looks of the E60.

bimmer818, i share your sentiment concerning the styling of the E90 & E60. that's how i ended up with two E30 and an E34 in one year :D

Need Advice Buying UDM

Thanks to all for assistance given.
I have decided to go for the 325i sport CBU with sunroof and active steering. I just cannot make myself fall in love with the E60. Somehow it looks too bulky and I would rather own the X5 instead if I want a bigger car.

how much do you sell ur car... i still looking fwd for e46... but still in doubt to buy 2nd e90 or the new camry.. can anyone help me

Presently in China and will be back next week. Still have not really decided whether Audi or BMW but now the petrol subsidy is out of the way, will have to look at it from a new prospective.

Top Bottom