Which is more problematic: BMW E60 525i or Honda Accord 2.4 VTi-L?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Status
Not open for further replies.
Vroom325;646538 said:
Hei, Bro, it's tonight right? A drink at Subang is OK but I am afraid the next session may be tough on me. I have a long day tomorrow, having guest around. Also, I am changing my windscreen today. Day before yesterday kena a batu kaukau at 140km/h. After my lunch, it spread fast, so have to change liao... Luckingly I am covered.

Haha, no worries mate. Maybe just join the convoy to MMZ, then head home earlier? Sorry to hear about that bro. Where did the incident happen?

Eggie86;646553 said:
Haha, no worries mate. Maybe just join the convoy to MMZ, then head home earlier? Sorry to hear about that bro. Where did the incident happen?

The famous Kesas lah, this hiway is full of trucks in day time, Ai... U guys better beware of missles from them. I was rushing a bit for a lunch appointment. See two trucks in front so I quickly step on the gas to overtake them, then kena loh. Must be some sharp and good size stone. It was at the edge of the screen, also can't tahan. Centre then nothing to say lah. After come out from lunch the the crack extend like 5inches or more, confirm have to change.

My mechanic should be working on it now.

What time u guys meet there? I will see what can I do.

Hey, according to NKTOB, convoy leaves for MMZ by 9:30pm, so I guess anytime before 9:30 should be fine to catch the convoy before they depart Al Kenchana.

Vroom325;646565 said:
The famous Kesas lah, this hiway is full of trucks in day time, Ai... U guys better beware of missles from them. I was rushing a bit for a lunch appointment. See two trucks in front so I quickly step on the gas to overtake them, then kena loh. Must be some sharp and good size stone. It was at the edge of the screen, also can't tahan. Centre then nothing to say lah. After come out from lunch the the crack extend like 5inches or more, confirm have to change.

My mechanic should be working on it now.

What time u guys meet there? I will see what can I do.

t2ribena;646473 said:
bro mizhan...i think almost everyone who have not fall for the BMW does this consideration before their affair with the brand takes off...then there is no return...

so i hope we could encourage rather than discouraging people coz i believe everyone like you, me and everyone here has been thru some sort of the same situation with some exception...hehehehehe

Thanks bro for your encouragement, t2ribena.
Some people have yet to learn about humility.
Proverb 16:18 comes to mind. :)

kaniz;646502 said:
Hi Sevenor,
Asking which car is more problematic, in this case BMW E60 vs Accord 2.4, in a BMW forum.........you will definitely get answers that sides BMW's.
But then again, the driving experience you get in BMW's is totally different than Honda. If your main concern is realibility, repair cost, resale value & etc.... then think twice.
But if you enjoy/love driving & passionate about cars, trust me, you will definitely find it in a well sorted BMW.
You will need to spend more time with BMW once you own it aka TLC.
I bought my 1st BMW 8 months ago. Yes, repair bills are higher than my previous Cefiro but it is justified because of the satisfaction i get when i drive it. Why? All of us are passionate about cars.
In terms of engine technology, safety, handling, sound proofing & comfort, my 13 year old beemer is leaps & bounds ahead of a new Accord. The best part, purchasing price of my beemer compared to a new 2.4 accord is 1/3 of the price.
There is also another factor, branding.......... i think i don't have to explain this.
True Story: My friend who owns 2.4 Accord, after test drove my car, he concluded his new accord is no match to my 13 year old beemer.
And the best part, you have this forum, whereby u can ask/seek advice from the sifu's here when you need help. It will save u a lot time & money when it comes to repair. I have benefitted from the forummers here.

FYI, I went through the same dilemma. I made my choice & never regretted it!!!!!:top:

Thanks for your encouragement also, kaniz.

mizhan;646463 said:
comparing those two on the basis of price means you're not a BMW (or even an automobile) enthusiast. you should take this discussion to a non-car related forum, perhaps an online personal finance consulting website; please have respect towards the folks here.

p/s - i highly doubt a BMW is for you.

perhaps our fren here heard too much about the BMW as "Banyak Makan Wang" and "Banyak Masuk Workshop". That's why he is a bit worried about the $$. We should encourage him by saying that the BMW = "Best Man Wheel". cheers. mate.

e46_UDM;646595 said:
perhaps our fren here heard too much about the BMW as "Banyak Makan Wang" and "Banyak Masuk Workshop". That's why he is a bit worried about the $$. We should encourage him by saying that the BMW = "Best Man Wheel". cheers. mate.

That's more encouraging. :D
Thanks mate!

sevenor;646585 said:
Thanks bro for your encouragement, t2ribena.
Some people have yet to learn about humility.
Proverb 16:18 comes to mind. :)

just don't blame anybody, not even t2ribena, but yourself when your E60 needs monthly or even weekly attention on wear n tear items. most people in this forum are passionate about BMWs and are willing to spend entire saturdays at their favourite workshop. if this sort of hobby doesn't appeal to you, just buy the Accord and save yourself a lot of money and grief.

unlike others here, i don't sugar-coat my points nor patronize ignorant newbies. i'll give it to you straight up. so once more - Buying a used BMW is an emotional purchase, whereas for the Honda it is a rational investment. With utmost humility, you still want to compare apple with monkeys?

Thank you everyone for your encouragement and for nudging me on. OK I've already made up my mind, so how to close this thread before someone pours more cold water on me?

As per the request of thread starter (sevenor) , this thread is closed.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom