My Red E38

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Vincent Hor;725541 said:
I heard 20" shoes coming Kaniz Red Ride.

Still thinking which route to take Uncle Vince, 19's or 20's. Haizz,,,, decision need to be made!!!!

fariz.hashim;725542 said:
wow..20" shoes going to make your ride more pimp :)

I am having sleeping problems after the taxi ride with ur e39.......:smokin:& ur 19's AC rims is simply outstanding...:rock:

Vincent Hor;725556 said:
He's got the Racun. His biggest mistake is repainting the car Red. Now there's no turning back!

And you are behind it....:wink:

Kaniz, go for 20s mate. If you are already considering 19s, you know 30 series tyres, heavier rims, not keeping to the original e38 spirit reasons etc etc are no longer important (and to a certain extend not valid). Lots of great attention you get while moving (or when parked). Even f10s and e65ss will give you thumbs up on the road.

View attachment 23476
View attachment 23477
Don't have any decent pic after slamming it down more. But you get the drift... 20s is the way... else you'll regret later, mate. : )

ps. thanks for the tips. Will call you later on my way back home...

cheers!

kaniz;725690 said:
I find the combo just nice. Not too hard & not too soft. it is firm. My wife is my litmus test. She is 8 months pregnant & she says the car is comfortable!!! So, i guess i am lucky that Richard got the right setting that i wanted...... So to me, it's value for money. The only hassle is getting it right from Titan suspension which can lead to multiple visits. Other that, i am one happy customer..:burnout:
My drop is quite aggresive as i am using H&R Super Sport springs. The drops & differences as per below link:
http://www.hrsprings.com/products/springs/

Thanks for your reply. I did my setting 3 times at Richard and he is very nice man indeed. I get the setting that I want after 3rd visit. Richard did not recommend me to use sport spring. He said standard original coil spring is just nice match for our E39. However even he drop to maximum level, i still get about 3 or 4 finger for my front tyre to wheel arch gap. I want it to be about 2 fingers wihhout touching the arch and can pass through speed bump without much problem.

How much do you pay for the H & R coil spring?

wuzzles;725870 said:
Kaniz, go for 20s mate. If you are already considering 19s, you know 30 series tyres, heavier rims, not keeping to the original e38 spirit reasons etc etc are no longer important (and to a certain extend not valid). Lots of great attention you get while moving (or when parked). Even f10s and e65ss will give you thumbs up on the road.

View attachment 23476
View attachment 23477
Don't have any decent pic after slamming it down more. But you get the drift... 20s is the way... else you'll regret later, mate. : )

ps. thanks for the tips. Will call you later on my way back home...

cheers!

This is pure POISON bro Wuzzles.....:smokin:

zidee;725932 said:
Thanks for your reply. I did my setting 3 times at Richard and he is very nice man indeed. I get the setting that I want after 3rd visit. Richard did not recommend me to use sport spring. He said standard original coil spring is just nice match for our E39. However even he drop to maximum level, i still get about 3 or 4 finger for my front tyre to wheel arch gap. I want it to be about 2 fingers wihhout touching the arch and can pass through speed bump without much problem.

How much do you pay for the H & R coil spring?

Richard will always advocate to use the standard spring. I was also running on standard springs 1st, but can't stand looking at the gap between the tyre & wheel arch. When i asked Richard to install the HnR springs, he was a bit skeptical. But after installing the springs & resetting the absorbers, he was suprised, the quality of the ride was more less the same with standard springs. So far, i have not scrapped any speed bumps after i installed my HnR springs even with full load (4 adults & booth is full)
I bought it from Yazmeen. There price was RM800.

Yellowman.. The bigger the better right... hehe.. Some how or rather my 20's performed better than my previous 19's. Maybe the 20's is within spec made for the E38's... Go for it and make sure its within spec.

badrul880;726101 said:
Yellowman.. The bigger the better right... hehe.. Som e how or rather my 20's performed better than my previous 19's. Maybe the 20's is within spec made for the E38's... Go for it and make sure its within spec.

Ok...will listen to Plantation Man....:wink: The challenge will be to get to correct specs

badrul880;726101 said:
Yellowman.. The bigger the better right... hehe.. Some how or rather my 20's performed better than my previous 19's. Maybe the 20's is within spec made for the E38's... Go for it and make sure its within spec.

Kaniz... this is pure honesty & not for poisoning purpose. Consider this information / experience sharing - what Badrul880 is saying is TRUE. I was really really really worried that the car would be affected la, makan minyak la, too bumpy la... but when I put it one, honestly, very rarely did I feel the difference than when my car was on stock 16". Even my frens on 19" was surprised that 20" really didn't feel drop in feeling but actually feels more solid on the road.

how come when I asked for a 19" the shop said my car will loose power....525i??? and here I read you guys are running on 19's and 20's - someone please show me the light. thanks.

In my opinion, the style 95 is best suited for E38.

70e98f49.jpg

theblackbeast;726268 said:
how come when I asked for a 19" the shop said my car will loose power....525i??? and here I read you guys are running on 19's and 20's - someone please show me the light. thanks.

If you read the other global forums like b*mm*rfest,m5b*ard or mf*st, you will see that it's pretty normal for even e30s to run 19s. There are some compromises of coursee but it's not as big as people make it out to be la. But then again, I have only been using my 20s for 3 weeks plus la. If suddenly you see me open a new thread called "oh my god, what did I do?!" in 1 year time, then the locals were probably right... hahaha

Also, since putting my 20s, I've done a couple for high speed runs to see if I actually "loose power". You wont be shooting off the traffic light like a drag racer like u would on 16s but you wont loose that much la. BUT... trust me, you'll start to drive slower not due to performance. U drive at 140-160, ppl won't notice. You drive at 90, other cars just pandang maut at you... lol

julianpang;726274 said:
In my opinion, the style 95 is best suited for E38.
I loved this rim.. and totally agree... was even contemplating putting on my 39 but I heard need to use spacer for 39. Didn't research enough...

Bro, are u serious u can not feel any different for 16" and 20"??? I think your nerves are in problem. Frankly say, i can feel the different for 17" and 18" even only 1" diff.

err.. sorry ah. I hope i didn't say no difference betwen 16 and 20. I try to find the post but cannot find.

What I mean is there is a compromise and you can feel difference... but to my standards, it is negligible difference to me. I never timed my car... but just say if i took my car 10 sec to reach 100km/h in 16s, whats another 2-3 secs. It is definitely not 2 times longer la that is for sure!

And I'm not a very spirited driver these days, so I don't drop gear, wallop corner, slow in fast out etc these days la... I use my darling just to get my from A to B. It depends what kind of personality you are and what you expect from your car. I used to know ppl who will actually throw away their spare tire, buy those emergency kits just to offset the extra weight of bigger rims. I am not one of them la.. I'm pretty chill... hahahaha

When you are riding in 20s. Is all show but no go... Drive slower for people to admire.....

Top Bottom