My E36 Experience

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
^^ make sure it does fit- I've experienced with a universal carpet- It tends to go over the pedal. & hard to accelerate.

Bav Auto sells E36 mats for only RM140/set if you want proper fitting OEM mats. I just got a set last week to use in my E30.

evilnickwong;607156 said:
Bav Auto sells E36 mats for only RM140/set if you want proper fitting OEM mats. I just got a set last week to use in my E30.

i have these, nice mats with bimmer logo too, only one problem, the drivers side does tent to creep up on the accelerator pedal......

You'll need carpet locks to keep them in place. Here's a link to the ones I bought along with the part #:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...astener, Black, each, E30/E36/Z3 3-Series all

It was only RM20 per piece if I remember correctly, got them from First Division.

You do have to cut a hole in your brand new mats, but once you're done installing, they look factory fit and they won't slide anywhere at all. :)

Haven't been very diligent with my updates lately but upon realising that my thread has a sticky, decided to post some updates.

Its now over 4 years since I got my car. I have done about 70k km in that 4 years and have enjoyed my car a lot. You just cant get anything like it for RM30k++.

I learnt my lesson the hard way that low mileage means nothing if the car isnt well maintained but since buying my car, as you would have read above, I have "invested" in my car and am now seeing the JOY.

Just changed all 4 tyres to Michelin PS3 205/55/16 at RM500pp last week.

Earlier this year I changed my Ball Joints( outer & inner), Coolant expansion tank and thermostat housing/gasket/Oring.

Need to change my headlamp switch.

Apart from that all is fine.

Shelved thoughts of changing my car for now, until perhaps I am willing to part with RM300k for a F30.

However I just cant phantom spending a fortune on a car when my E36 continues to serve my needs so well.

evilnickwong;612430 said:
You'll need carpet locks to keep them in place. Here's a link to the ones I bought along with the part #:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...astener, Black, each, E30/E36/Z3 3-Series all

It was only RM20 per piece if I remember correctly, got them from First Division.

You do have to cut a hole in your brand new mats, but once you're done installing, they look factory fit and they won't slide anywhere at all. :)

where does the screw nut lock into? i just bought the floor mat from BA. but base on the pictures it looks like just clip into it.

Sir,

i plan to repaint my e36 318i as your, colour like yours, and where can i do that. I also want to change the rear and back lamp. how it will cost me for the paint job and replace the lamp. pse advice...my hp no is 019-6567191..azmi.

adrianyam;660016 said:
where does the screw nut lock into? i just bought the floor mat from BA. but base on the pictures it looks like just clip into it.

The screw goes into your car's carpet. You need to make a tiny cut about 4-5mm long, that's enough to thread the screw in. Once it's in, you just lay the mats with the locking piece installed over it, then twist to lock.

BMW E36 328i 1997 Power Steering Rack Problem
salam satu malaysia

saya baru beli dan kurang berpengalaman tentang kereta bmw. saya ada masalah tentang power steering rack. belok kanan, kiri memang problem. pegi kedai tayar buat wheel alignment. tapi masih bermasalah. kata mekanik power steering rack rosak. macam mana saya nak dapatkan khidmat service yang baik utk selesaikan masalah ini. harap disini dapat membantu..

aqishimie;665084 said:
BMW E36 328i 1997 Power Steering Rack Problem
salam satu malaysia

saya baru beli dan kurang berpengalaman tentang kereta bmw. saya ada masalah tentang power steering rack. belok kanan, kiri memang problem. pegi kedai tayar buat wheel alignment. tapi masih bermasalah. kata mekanik power steering rack rosak. macam mana saya nak dapatkan khidmat service yang baik utk selesaikan masalah ini. harap disini dapat membantu..

Salam aqishimie..saya rasa baik awak buat intro about yrself in the newbie section dulu..nanti ada org lain yg tembak awk kang..hehe..then, ramai sifu2 e36 yg akan membantu..percayalah, diorg ni baik2 belaka...salam again

I'm new user of 36.. need fren and advice..

first thing need to be repaired is my sunroof.. previous owner said.. kabel putus,, xleh jongket belah kanan..

need workshop area shah alam/kl..

My 5th Anniversary

This month is my 5th anniversary of my 1995 E36 325i.

Its remarkable for a 17 year old car. I prefer it anytime to my wife's 1 year old Inspira.

My experience with Bimmers started in 2003 when I got a 1988 E30 318i 2 door.

In 2007 after 4 years of driving a 318, I got into a friend's E30 325i and fell in love with the power and smoothness of a straight 6 engine.

Unfortunately there werent many E30 325's around then but E36s were abundant. You could get a 1997 328i for RM40-50k.

I managed to get a direct owner 1995 E36 325i with less than 80000km mileage for RM40k.

Needless to say I was over the moon, until I realised that the car was neglected by the previous owner.

Bimmers being Bimmers, they dont suffer fools lightly. My first few months of ownership was a nightmare to my pocket when I ended up spending RM20k on the car in 2007 itself.

Thankfully, the car has been a dream since then.

My expenses on the maintaining the car since then has been as follows:-

2008- RM5000(including tyres,wheels & tint)
2009- RM3000
2010- RM5000
2011- RM5000 (incld tyres & speakers)

In the past 5 years I have done about 75000km.

My car has done 155k km.

Based on my friend's E36 325i which has hit 360k km and still running strong (after engine and gearbox overhall a few years back), I am confident of keeping my E36 for another 10 years.

Then perhaps I'll reward myself with a 5 series on my 50th birthday.

For all of you out there, if you can find a decent unmodified and welll maintained E36, grab it. Its the best way to start your Bimmer experience.

Buy cash. Set aside RM10k for initial repairs and b/w RM3-5k every year after that and you'll get a better driving experience than any other new car costing less than RM120k.

However if you yearly mileage is above 15k km a year than you should look at something newer, an E46 perhaps as you can't over burden the old lady too much.

As for me I am still enjoying my E36 experince..........on my 5th anniversary!!!

wowww bro anxious ...my next anniversary is gonna be the 13th year owning my machine ....lotsa tears and sweat on it ..but hope to the see the 13th anniversary next year and rewards my baby for another treat into the darkside ...if my kitty bank permits ....

ICEMAN 13;732957 said:
wowww bro anxious ...my next anniversary is gonna be the 13th year owning my machine ....lotsa tears and sweat on it ..but hope to the see the 13th anniversary next year and rewards my baby for another treat into the darkside ...if my kitty bank permits ....

Thanks Iceman. As a reward I am finishing up the interior refresh I started last year when I did the cushions and matts.

Next week I am doing the roof lining and all the pillars. Pics and details when done.

anxious;732962 said:
Thanks Iceman. As a reward I am finishing up the interior refresh I started last year when I did the cushions and matts.

Next week I am doing the roof lining and all the pillars. Pics and details when done.

if ya driving down to KL ... do love to meet you up someday ...

ICEMAN 13;732963 said:
if ya driving down to KL ... do love to meet you up someday ...

The next time you guys organise a Bimmerfest, I'll definetely make the effort to drive my E36 down to KL.

I really appreciate all the advise and tips I have got from the forumers here.

Top Bottom