Monthly Weekend Drive 19-20 June 2010: Penang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Just send them off at the R&R... Have a safe n enjoyable trip guys :)

Brader Bluepanther saya sudah pergi monthly drive di juah jauh naik kapal terbang hehe

have fun on the PLUS highway... Hope the 'peanut butter' jam is not that thick...
One of our previous Penang Trip coincided with the Cheng Beng weekend, and the traffic was bad coming back to KL...

fabianyee;534370 said:
have fun on the PLUS highway... Hope the 'peanut butter' jam is not that thick...
One of our previous Penang Trip coincided with the Cheng Beng weekend, and the traffic was bad coming back to KL...

Fabianyee, the real fun was on the B Roads ! ! Highway was so-so only....:wink: You should seen T2 with his latest toy.... The 120i Go-kart.....

Fantastic drive it was. B roads were superb, the convoy was great. Had fun meeting up with new faces, Raymond from Tpg n the others from KL n Penang. The drive back was fun too, traffic was smooth all the way, except certain areas where it poured. Awesome experience, would surely vouch for another drive. Thanks to all who made this drive a fun experience...
pics pics pics guys~ :)

rAyMoNd_630i;534438 said:
Good drive up! unfortunately, i onli got to enjoy a short part...hope more to come k!

Raymond........welcome to the Blue side as Official Member......

Hungry people........although it is was pouring cats and dogs.......raging through pot holes of water........getting the feet wet........Herbert and myself finally got what we were looking for.........Penang Hokkien Prawn Mee.......Awesome!!!!!!........We had the owner to keep 5 bowls for us as it was a sell out!!!!!...........Herbert even scrapped the bottom of the Soup Kettle.......
View attachment 14428

View attachment 14426

View attachment 14427

Being a newbie for monthly drive, it was a fantastic, exciting and fun drive especially along the B roads. Learnt taking fast and sharp cornerings but never compromise on safety....usage of our manual and sport modes brought out the hidden beast of my e39. Food wise......mmmmm need not say much as can't even have breakfast this morning coz still very full. Appreciation & thanks goes to the organising committees and all my buddies (Chef, Ray, Deep, Sunny, GT-34, Raymond, Prez, VP and all their spouses & lovely kids) for the drive and ensuring everyone was home safe and sound.

Looking forward to the next drive.

Until the next drive.......Kudos BMWCM

Taken on the 20th, before departing Penang......
View attachment 14431

L1000515.jpg

climenta;534595 said:
So how was the drive? & how was the treassure hunt? Pictures pls:)

Bro........the drive was awesome, especially the B-Roads.......we branched off to a B-Road for a warming up session after Rawang as there was a Massive Traffic Jam........Big Accident........we then joined back to the NSE.......drove all the way to Changkat Jering/Taiping where we met Raymond630i......had a quick bite and t2 took us on a kampung B-Road all the way to Nibong Tebal....this route was lovely.......had very nice zig zag corners.........the km we did was almost the same as the Gua Musang-Cameron trip.......we drove for almost 7hrs........

Treasue hunt was just internal Penang Island......a few areas, Botanical Gardens, Museum Pg, The Goddes of Mercy Temple, Little India Penang.......Esplanade.........just drove around having fun on a Sunday morning......had lunch ( hosted by Gurney Hotel ) and the rest departed later in the evening. Herbert and myself stayed one more night........D/Punk, Sunny and the rest was feasting all the way from breakfast to early dinner before departing for the Sin City..........:eek:

Hi All,

On my way back to KL when reach Sabak Bernam exit. There was this Mercedez S300 (Latest model) came very fast cucuk me (Was driving at 140 KPH). Then i switch to sport mode and push up to 180kph and drag a distance from that S300. For more than 1 min and the car still didn't catch up. So I move to the middle lane and slow down to check what the car lor. By right that car should be more powerful than my 728i.