Monthly Weekend Drive 19-20 June 2010: Penang

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Traveler;532859 said:
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, mats and minahs rempit... here's the planned route for the KL-Penang portion:

Route Map on Google Maps

View Larger Map

If you cant see the route, click on the "-" button to zoom out. Alternatively go straight to the Google Map and look at it there on a larger scale.

Meeting Point: Sungai Buloh overhead restaurant rest area (Northbound) - meet at the parking lot
Meeting Time: 0730 - for breakfast & convoy briefing
Departure time: 0830 sharp

The Route:
Meeting Point to Tanjung Malim - NSE (exit at Tanjung Malim)
Tanjung Malim to Simpang Pulai - Route 1 (the trunk road)
Simpang Pulai to Kuala Kangsar - NSE (exit after Kuala Kangsar town) - anyone familiar with area please identify this exit
Kuala Kangsar to Taiping - Route 1 (the trunk road)
Taiping to Penang - NSE/Penang Bridge

Lunch - Location TBC

Reminder: please bring your walkies

And last but not least.. have a safe and enjoyable drive!

Suggest to re-group after reaching Penang Island.......Caltex Station near to Tescos. Traffic is da pitts in da Island on weekends.

For those who is going...
1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
3. Stanleycck - 2A +1 C (RM100 banked in BMWCM a/c 12/6)
4. deep3102 - 2A (RM 100 banked into BMWCM a/c15/6)
5. DigitalPunk - 1 x 2 room suite for 1 night. 4A (RM100 paid on 12/6)
7. Herbert - 2A CHECK IN 19 OUT 21- 2 nights (RM100 bank in to the club on 10/6)
8. haKKaMeE - 2A
9. sunnypuan -2A+1C (RM100 bank in to the club as deposit on 10/6)
10. climenta - 1A for 1N - tolong mintak king saiz bed
11. raymond_630i - join u all on from taiping Call me near Taiping!!
12. GT-34

4 paid RM100 for Room reservation so far.

For those who is joining the Treasure Hunt...

1. NazriE - 3pax, so I can accept 1 more to join me...just jump in
2. stanleycck - 3 pax

p.s ~ Come and carpool in PEN guys to join the treasure hunt to make the numbers. 3pax per car shud be just nice.

Please provide info if you guys is joining the Treasure Hunt and how many participant.

Our Penang chapters members will be meeting us there in Penang. More info will be provided once all arrangement is made.

Thank you.[/QUOTE ]

wc9922;532891 said:
1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
7. Herbert - 2A CHECK IN 19 OUT 21- 2 nights (RM100 bank in to the club on 10/6)
10. climenta - 1A for 1N - tolong mintak king saiz bed
12. GT-34

2. stanleycck - 3 pax

p.s ~ Come and carpool in PEN guys to join the treasure hunt to make the numbers. 3pax per car shud be just nice.

Please provide info if you guys is joining the Treasure Hunt and how many participant.

Our Penang chapters members will be meeting us there in Penang. More info will be provided once all arrangement is made.

Thank you.[/QUOTE ]

Hi Guys..
Sorry...i cannot make it for this drive..got other thing on going
Very very sorryyy

1. Nazrie
2. t2ribena
8. haKKaMeE - 2A
12. GT-34

2. stanleycck - 3 pax

Thank you.[/QUOTE ]

Thousand apologies, I'm unable to join this drive coz there work in the office this weekend. Fire fighting again, just my luck la knn... was looking fwd to this trip for a long time. Hope I do not cause any inconvenience to the managing committee & everyone else. Drinks on me the next time we meet, again my apologies:22:

Have a safe trip y'all:top:

hi guys,

Raymond and GT34, will u be needing rooms in Penang? Thanx

As of now, registration for the treasure hunt is closed as they are gathering the details as each pax entering the treasure hunt will be receiving goodies such as T shirts , caps etc. Actually,doing the calculations u are just paying for the buffet lunch which is RM51.75 per person. Is there anyone who'd like to just join the buffet lunch?

nazrie;533381 said:
hi guys,

As of now, registration for the treasure hunt is closed as they are gathering the details as each pax entering the treasure hunt will be receiving goodies such as T shirts , caps etc. Actually,doing the calculations u are just paying for the buffet lunch which is RM51.75 per person. Is there anyone who'd like to just join the buffet lunch?

nazrie,

how much for the lunch buffet? many thanks.

Can I just join for the drive? Need to rush back for dinner in kl. Mind to list down the bmw model beside the names of each member that are going?

Sure..u can just join the drive... buffet lunch on sunday at the hotel is RM51.75 nett

Dear Proud owners,

Although I have to spent my weekend taking my dad to Genting, I would like to give A WORD OF ADVISe as I'm a seasoned rempit there... for your penang drive.... If you guys ever drive in the Ferringi road please becareful...the mat rempits there are sweeping corners like the dont wanna see tomorrow... Almost cause me to drive my 36 into the sea to avoid hitting those idiots....

Have a good trip...

Cheers

AC525;533397 said:
Can I just join for the drive? Need to rush back for dinner in kl. Mind to list down the bmw model beside the names of each member that are going?

ACS......if you are confirmed, please add yr name on the list.

Tau Sah Piah Status : ORDERED!!

Deep, Herbert, Sunny and Digital Punk,

Note that the Tau Sah Piah have been ordered under my name. Collection date will be on the 20th June 2010, after lunch time. Price per box is at RM9.50/per box.

stanleycck;533596 said:
Deep, Herbert, Sunny and Digital Punk,

Note that the Tau Sah Piah have been ordered under my name. Collection date will be on the 20th June 2010, after lunch time. Price per box is at RM9.50/per box.

Kam Sia Lu, Brother ! !:top:

Could all those attending PM me your full names. Need to forward to hotel for rooming list. Thanx.

nazrie;533381 said:
hi guys,

Sorry for late replied,the room i settle already at butterworth.Thanks Mr P.

bro nazrie, i dont need a room. will get back to mainland after happy-ing with you guyz.
by the way, all of you who are on the trip drive safe!! i will be see-ing you guyz at tpg route.
any idea or estimation on the time of reaching taiping? lunch venue?

rAyMoNd_630i;533944 said:
bro nazrie, i dont need a room. will get back to mainland after happy-ing with you guyz.
by the way, all of you who are on the trip drive safe!! i will be see-ing you guyz at tpg route.
any idea or estimation on the time of reaching taiping? lunch venue?

Raymond........hang on to yr mobile.......will update u early tomorrow morning after our briefing at Sungai Buloh.

stanleycck;533947 said:
Raymond........hang on to yr mobile.......will update u early tomorrow morning after our briefing at Sungai Buloh.

any good breakfast at sg buloh rest area beside KFC?? maybe some pastry from chef:wink::wink:

stanleycck;533947 said:

alright stanley....bit hungry adi...you guys better depart sharp!...lol

herbert;533948 said:
any good breakfast at sg buloh rest area beside KFC?? maybe some pastry from chef:wink::wink:

Herbert.......I am having a light one in SS14 kopi tiam......so far that place serves the best Penang Prawn mee in town........

BTW.......u missed out the fresh baked pastries during the Cameron drive..........but stay tuned for other drives........there might be more.........