Mix different RON fuel? Any idea?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

c-square

Club Guest
Am not a technical person, so was wandering whether RON 95 can be mixed with RON 97 to get a higher RON rating (compare with RON95) in the fuel mixture.

If not mistaken, the past few issues of CBT in Sunday Times had a rather informative piece on RON 95; with some questions answered by one of their experts. Those might help bro.

Eggie86;453536 said:
If not mistaken, the past few issues of CBT in Sunday Times had a rather informative piece on RON 95; with some questions answered by one of their experts. Those might help bro.

any hyperlink to it?

jarance;453524 said:
You can try rocket fuel.
Unker Jarance,
Rocket fuel too expensive to mix leh. So, can share your thoughts on the mixing of 95 and 97 ar? :listen:

c-square;453508 said:
Am not a technical person, so was wandering whether RON 95 can be mixed with RON 97 to get a higher RON rating (compare with RON95) in the fuel mixture.

Hey wait a minute...I thought there was a thread on this issue already existing? Mr.Hellraiser,aren't you going to shut this thread down too?

sorry c-square,didn't mean to interrupt

kotak kuasa dua ...

i mix both of those and the power was infact much more greater ...not sure why but i was 2 minutes late to the kuda , magnum and toto shop ....

so this week lucky number 9597 OR 9795 larrrr...it's gonna play soon ... :)

ayoo must find back our number thread lorrr

RON97 mean the fuel octane rating is RON97. Same for RON95.
By mixing both, say 50% & 50%, you will get roughly (97+95)/2=96 octane rating.

Compare to 100% RON97, you will definately have less octane rating by mixing it.
And there is no harm mxing both, but you might loss some benefit of "addictive" since you diluted it with different grade of fuel, or different brand of fuel.

thread is now open again guys. really thought it was also about the same similar discussion in the already 2 existing threads. my apologies to c-square

c-square in reading..you may want to change your thread title to differentiate your point of discussion.

cheers!

Hellraiser;453752 said:
thread is now open again guys. really thought it was also about the same similar discussion in the already 2 existing threads. my apologies to c-square

c-square in reading..you may want to change your thread title to differentiate your point of discussion.

cheers!

Err, Chief.... How do I go about changing the Title?

hey c-square, if you want to change the title let me know and i will do the needful. take care, bro!

hey bro, changed the thread title as per request to differentiate your thread with the others with similar title. hope this is ok now. cheers...

7. What is the effect on the performance of the engine if petrol of a different RON is mixed?
It is not recommended to mix different RON levels as this might result in sub-optimal performance. For example, if you have added a lower-than-recommended RON in the mixture, this can result in knocking and can cause a loss of power.

Aiyaa... just like mixing Nescafe and Indocafe, you end up neither here nor there in taste (additive in fuel) but still the end product is still a cup of coffee. Engine won't spoil.

This question has been answered many times in the forum.

Yes, u can mix! But not advised to, due to the possibility of diluting the additive and preventing it to achieve the desired result, be it cleansing or what not.

If you answer these people with "can't mix", they will next ask you how to drain the fuel complete from the tank before switching brand or RON.. never ending question. :stupid:

Mouse;454844 said:
If you have added a lower-than-recommended RON in the mixture, this can result in knocking and can cause a loss of power.

So long as the ingredients in the mixture are all above the minimum recommended RON rating of the engine, then there should be no problems. RON95 and RON97 are both above the minimum recommended RON 91 rating for the newer-gen beemers (not sure about the older models, so I dare not say), so no problem what... now if you fill up with mix of RON80 and RON 97 then maybe got problem la (but no such thing as RON80 here now, so why worry?)

My own tank is currently about 90% Shell 95 and 10% V-Power (leftover from previous filling).

Top Bottom