How does it feels like owning a 525 M Sport 2006 Local Spec ??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
By the way guys, can a magnesium engine consume RON 95 petrol ? Please share your experiences... thanks

aoch88;650880 said:
If you add the navigation, it means you literally have to change the i-drive so by doing it, you need to spend RM8K easily. That is why if your car does not comes with navigation, it's better to buy a GPS seperately than doing this retrofit. At least for me, I don't feel it's justified to spend 8K when a GPS is only RM800 or lesser. I mean, I'm just being practical :)

I heard of this before but I'm not sure if it's really possible. However if you buy cars these days, dealers would have to inspect based on B7 and there is a 17 point check. I'm not sure how reliable is our Puspakom but my car has B7 and I feel less worried that it passes all tests :)

Err bro, the cost included not just navi but also some other stuff including upgrading the idrive so that we could watch dvd as well and the important thing (at least for me apart from navi) is to code-in to watch movies while driving (good for passengers)

tiggy07;651806 said:
By the way guys, can a magnesium engine consume RON 95 petrol ? Please share your experiences... thanks

Yes it's possible. Both the manual and even the petrol cap says it can consume RON95-97

Astronyu;651812 said:
Err bro, the cost included not just navi but also some other stuff including upgrading the idrive so that we could watch dvd as well and the important thing (at least for me apart from navi) is to code-in to watch movies while driving (good for passengers)

I see :) Btw, do you know if it's possible to buy an iPhone cable/interface? How much does it cost?

Thanks again bro Hakim. Btw, it says "may require activation from your local BMW dealer after installation, pre 3/05 models are not text capable". This is the head ache part - ACTIVATION? LOL. I believe if we get this cable, we can output iPhone video to the i-drive? Is it sold locally instead of direct import?

aoch88;651874 said:
Thanks again bro Hakim. Btw, it says "may require activation from your local BMW dealer after installation, pre 3/05 models are not text capable". This is the head ache part - ACTIVATION? LOL. I believe if we get this cable, we can output iPhone video to the i-drive? Is it sold locally instead of direct import?

This is what been bothering me. All feedback from the net tells me that even the bluetooth need activation from the dealer.
I might be going to AB in Juru Auto City and ask them if they can activate my bluetooth..not sure if I got the module but there is setting for it though and if not mistaken that setting will only be there if there are bluetooth module.

Astronyu;651898 said:
This is what been bothering me. All feedback from the net tells me that even the bluetooth need activation from the dealer.
I might be going to AB in Juru Auto City and ask them if they can activate my bluetooth..not sure if I got the module but there is setting for it though and if not mistaken that setting will only be there if there are bluetooth module.

Guru auto city? Bro, if I honk u don't bash me, ok?? Hehe

Member 33;651938 said:
Guru auto city? Bro, if I honk u don't bash me, ok?? Hehe

Hahaa..no worries, I might chase you and ask you to have a drink instead :)

Astronyu;652102 said:
Hahaa..no worries, I might chase you and ask you to have a drink instead :)

Btw bro, is your exhaust original or modded? What brand is it?

One more thing before i forgot... i heard a few of my colleagues telling me that E60s with magnesium engine require maintenance every 25k of mileage and the previous engine at every 10k. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks

tiggy07;652147 said:
One more thing before i forgot... i heard a few of my colleagues telling me that E60s with magnesium engine require maintenance every 25k of mileage and the previous engine at every 10k. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks

It is recommended to service every 10k, magnesium or not.

Most recommends the Obermaier at Jln Ipoh, me personally go to The Heritage at Old Klang Road, normal service around RM500-RM600.

Damonzero;652163 said:
Most recommends the Obermaier at Jln Ipoh, me personally go to The Heritage at Old Klang Road, normal service around RM500-RM600.

What type of oil and viscosity do you use?

Heritage only use German and Holland oil (they claimed) and i forgot the name it starts with H and i personally checked the bottle out it is written there "Recommends for BMW & Mercedez Benz"

Damonzero;652213 said:
Heritage only use German and Holland oil (they claimed) and i forgot the name it starts with H and i personally checked the bottle out it is written there "Recommends for BMW & Mercedez Benz"

WURTH rite?

aoch88;652103 said:
Btw bro, is your exhaust original or modded? What brand is it?

The exhaust was modified. I'm not really sure how to describe it but basically like the sketch below:

|
|
|---------|
ori additional

Go for Shell Helix Ultra 5W-40 as the viscosity is not that thin... my ride has been sent to M1 Motor Works in Kg. Kayu Sg. Ara (PJ) since day 1 and has been using this oil since day 1 too :top: engine oil with thin viscosity (0W) is not recommended for E60 especially when the makan minyak issue for N52 engine is highlighted extensively. Unless you want to top up 1 litre oil from time to time (make sure that you have spare oil in the boot as the iDrive warning can be downright annoying), thicker viscosity oil is recommended.
Disclaimer: not all E60 with N52 engine experience this problem as I have not encountered any up to date (touch wood)!

For quad exhaust with deep and bass-y sound.. go for Remus Power Label or Eisenmann! Can't go wrong with those two... or if you prefer noisier ones... Arqray (with titanium exhaust tip) can be considered! tight budget?? Mostly will cost at least 5k and above! No budget no problem.. go to JFA Exhaust in Sunway and they can customise for you at lower price I think :4:

Bro thule, I'm looking for 10W-40W or 10W-xxW oil for my N53. The problem is it's quite noisy using low viscosity oil, lol. That's what most mechanics say.

Top Bottom