Milleage Tempering

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

archie

Club Guest
I am on the scout for a e90 325.. have been looking around which includes the grey AP importers and AB. I'm just wondering, is it that easy and simple to temper the milleage which ends up claiming "rarely used, so on so forth" Views appreciated.

don't think BMW scanner 1.4.0 supports E90.. you need 2.1.0

anaksarawak;782119 said:
Ohh.. Can INPA read?

INPA can read, you need to know the modules that store the mileage and compare the values. Unlike BMW-scanner that will readily present the values side by side.

archie;782107 said:
I am on the scout for a e90 325.. have been looking around which includes the grey AP importers and AB.
I'm just wondering, is it that easy and simple to temper the milleage which ends up claiming "rarely used, so on
so forth" Views appreciated.

Most of the second hand/grey importers do it, and if you ask them directly, some even will sincerely admit it. 'Semua olang buat maaaa'

I actually do have a cousin that i selling recond cars, not sure about local cars though. What he told me is that, nowadays they can reset everything, even the key!

They can and will do it... Electronic or mechanical also can...
There a company thats doing this for all the car dealers in kl/selangor , they operate with vans and go around changing it to 'whatever mileage you want'...
"Luxury" cars like BMW,Merc, etc etc only charge RM150... 10mins job...

Top Bottom