Launch of CKD E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Jul 10 2006, 12:37 AM
the NAP has caused prices of used E46 to plummet. So, for poor souls who wanna upgrade, it's a lot more difficult now, I think.
yes, you are rite bro..

I was told no I-Drive, still the 'average' sound system and definitely no sun-roof. You are right, unless it comes with a better specs, RM290K is too steep. BMW cannot compare themselves to MBenz cos MBenz has a relatively better resale value than BMW in Malaysia.

Originally posted by safri@Jul 10 2006, 12:44 AM
i still think RM290K is still expensive considering it's a CKD, even the powerful audi quatro which is a CBU is now being sold at less than RM280k. another point: would you want to buy a guinea pig to get the first batch of e90 CKD...??. i won't!.
safri... i heard that Audi is stock clearing their cars at the current prices, but new imports will be priced significantly higher... Maybe they've been under-declaring their cars previously??? :( If yes... now's a good time to get a Quattro!! :)

In terms of CKD pricing... i think it's pretty fair... nothing to shout about, but nothing to complain about too :lol:

Originally posted by Toffeeman@Jul 9 2006, 10:33 AM
Heard the CKD E90 will be launched this coming weekend. Anyone got invited yet?

There will be 3 models 320i, 320SE and 325i

325 will be around RM290K+. Price fairly steep :(

Price confirmation from MDTCA as of 4pm today:-

e90 320 CKD = RM268,000
e90 325 CKD = RM318,000
e90 330 CKD = RM428,000

Prices above are with all optional items installed. In other words, the price quoted is with all the bells & whistles kitted out onto the car.

:blink:

hey this is the pricings during the launch April last year!!!
you sure about that?

Originally posted by Spaceman@Jul 10 2006, 08:06 PM
hey this is the pricings during the launch April last year!!!
you sure about that?
i wonder what are the "optional items" which would be made available by BMW. Assuming the price list is correct (which is doubtful), i would book the CBU unit priced at RM298K this second if i want to get the e90 325...

this is the last batch of CBU, and it's 2005. I think the price list above is wrong. There is no CKD 330

entry level E90 6 cylinder 323i has been launch worldwide..wonder why they not introduce it in Malaysia...Spore hv it already...maybe it will available thru grey importer in the future... :yahoo:

Originally posted by Rubik@Jul 9 2006, 12:19 PM

1.) 2005 CBU 325i - 298k
2.) 2006 CKD 325i - 290k.

Which would you choose ?

Besides the assembled in Malaysia, please note that CKD also means certain percentage of the parts are also made locally. CBU = 100% built in Germany.
Go for the CBU FTW

Are you sure all CBU comes from Germany. If I am not mistaken a lot of the RHD cars (especially the 4 cyl) are manufactured at BMW's excellent Rosslyn plant in South Africa. Its not a bad thing, the Rosslyn plant is the winner of many internal quality audit awards, better than BMW's main Munich plant. You can check your VIN.

Not to be OT, but the CBU will be better equipped, right?

In terms of resale, there shouldn't be a difference between the CKD and the official CBU models, in fact, I'd wager the official CBU to hold its value a little more. Official CBUs have all the proper climatization done to the car so there is no equipment/feature incompability with Malaysia's road environment.

How're the CKD e90s being equipped, anyhow?

Top Bottom