Type of modification on your E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi Guys,

Car is 2008 E90 320i. Have had it for 6 years I think... Owned an E30 320i 2 door before and an E60 525i. Finished paying for it and can't stand the thought of getting another loan to buy a replacement. So the E90 is a keeper for now... Mods?

Foamed the chassis
Ultra Racing ARBs front and back
Koni Sport Active shocks all round
Michelin PS4 Square set up on standard 17in rims

I think I've pretty much got it to where I want it to be handling wise. In fact the above mods make the car feel slow... Or rather it can do with a bit more power now its sorted... The transmission is slow and response with throttle by wire only makes it slow witted when you're pushing on (sometimes).

The ultraracing's are not as good as H&Rs (which I had on my E60) but they were cheap(ish) so an OK tradeoff. If you're looking for ARBs, go straight for the H&Rs and don't waste time with the ultraracings IMHO.

Foaming is awesome (I had it done on my E30 before so I knew I had to do it for the E90), the Koni Actives are awesome too, ditto the Michelin PS4 (Thai made too. I'm on my 2nd set). The Michelin's are my go to tires now... They are really are that good. I wish the PS4Ss were available in 17s but that's another conversation :)

Dream mod? I've read about a 'hybrid' OS GIKEN (??) LSD... Designed for auto transmission... And available for the 320i... One can dream

In the meantime, want to enjoy the car... (or wait for something else to BREAK)... Its not called Banyak Makan Wang for nothing you know LOL!

Sorry for digging, just sharing an upgrade to led bulbs late last year. Refer to description on the correct bulbs and link

Hi Guys,

Car is 2008 E90 320i. Have had it for 6 years I think... Owned an E30 320i 2 door before and an E60 525i. Finished paying for it and can't stand the thought of getting another loan to buy a replacement. So the E90 is a keeper for now... Mods?

Foamed the chassis
Ultra Racing ARBs front and back
Koni Sport Active shocks all round
Michelin PS4 Square set up on standard 17in rims

I think I've pretty much got it to where I want it to be handling wise. In fact the above mods make the car feel slow... Or rather it can do with a bit more power now its sorted... The transmission is slow and response with throttle by wire only makes it slow witted when you're pushing on (sometimes).

The ultraracing's are not as good as H&Rs (which I had on my E60) but they were cheap(ish) so an OK tradeoff. If you're looking for ARBs, go straight for the H&Rs and don't waste time with the ultraracings IMHO.

Foaming is awesome (I had it done on my E30 before so I knew I had to do it for the E90), the Koni Actives are awesome too, ditto the Michelin PS4 (Thai made too. I'm on my 2nd set). The Michelin's are my go to tires now... They are really are that good. I wish the PS4Ss were available in 17s but that's another conversation :)

Dream mod? I've read about a 'hybrid' OS GIKEN (??) LSD... Designed for auto transmission... And available for the 320i... One can dream

In the meantime, want to enjoy the car... (or wait for something else to BREAK)... Its not called Banyak Makan Wang for nothing you know LOL!

Hows the Foaming holding up? where did u get it done bro?

Top Bottom