Launch of CKD E90

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Toffeeman

Club Guest
Heard the CKD E90 will be launched this coming weekend. Anyone got invited yet?There will be 3 models 320i, 320SE and 325i325 will be around RM290K+. Price fairly steep :(

ya i got the news too...heard CKD e90 325's price approx. RM280K. 320 will come into 2 variants, standard and full accessories, priced at RM230K and RM250K respectively.

Originally posted by safri@Jul 9 2006, 11:41 AM
ya i got the news too...heard CKD e90 325's price approx. RM280K. 320 will come into 2 variants, standard and full accessories, priced at RM230K and RM250K respectively.
seems that the price for 320 CKD if not far different from CBU. if i am not mistaken CBU is around 246K (am i right?)

I'm kinda stuck here. I've ordered a E90 325 CBU, but here's my dilema. BMW Malaysia (not AB) currently has more than 100+ units of CBU 320/325 sitting in their warehouse. It is very surprising, that they have not be able to sell these till today. These cars are manufactured in 2005 and arrived in port klang in February. They were stuck there and was only custom cleared last month, due to the AP issue. Now we know why BMW shocked the community by dropping their price after NAP. Now that the cars have cleared custom and with the launch of CKD, my sales rep. presented me with the following offer :

1.) 2005 CBU 325i - 298k
2.) 2006 CKD 325i - 290k.

Which would you choose ?

Besides the assembled in Malaysia, please note that CKD also means certain percentage of the parts are also made locally. CBU = 100% built in Germany.

Originally posted by Rubik@Jul 9 2006, 12:19 PM
I'm kinda stuck here. I've ordered a E90 325 CBU, but here's my dilema. BMW Malaysia (not AB) currently has more than 100+ units of CBU 320/325 sitting in their warehouse. It is very surprising, that they have not be able to sell these till today. These cars are manufactured in 2005 and arrived in port klang in February. They were stuck there and was only custom cleared last month, due to the AP issue. Now we know why BMW shocked the community by dropping their price after NAP. Now that the cars have cleared custom and with the launch of CKD, my sales rep. presented me with the following offer :

1.) 2005 CBU 325i - 298k

Which would you choose ?

Besides the assembled in Malaysia, please note that CKD also means certain percentage of the parts are also made locally. CBU = 100% built in Germany.
hmmmm, difficult choice, although the registration card state both manufacture & registration date, i believe majority of buyer will look at the registration date (that shows how many year u own the car) coz u r still buying the car new no matter what. but since u r concern about the quality of CKD, its really difficult to choose comparing the price difference. but i will go for CKD. others?

Anyone knows what's the diff in specs btwn the SE and non-SE model??? don't tell me they are fitting the I-drive into the SE spec....:p

no brainer....get the cbu model since the price difference is minimal.
nego for a better deal.
u will always be wondering 'what if' everytime u get into yr CKD

i have both ckd and cbu. no problem with either, if i had to choose, cbu..period. Rubik, pls double check with your salesman on the specs for ckd 325..

I suppose in terms of quality, CBU would be the choice, but what about resale value down the road ?

I'm not an expert on resale but i think they should be on par.

I would compare the options and specs for both cars before i decide. What is the sale person willing to throw in as freebies, etc....

Originally posted by Rubik@Jul 9 2006, 04:19 AM

1.) 2005 CBU 325i - 298k

Which would you choose ?

I think if the price differential is only RM8K, I'll go for the CBU. There's that trade-off of earlier registration but the quality of CBU cars are light years ahead of CKD.

i know 290k is a lot of money, but i think it's a gud price considering the e46 325 came out at about the same price? i might be wrong..

Originally posted by adliz@Jul 9 2006, 02:58 PM
i know 290k is a lot of money, but i think it's a gud price considering the e46 325 came out at about the same price? i might be wrong..
Bro, the E46 325i was first launched at RM247K but after facelift the price went up to RM263K. Despite the E90 being only RM27K more expensive, the NAP has caused prices of used E46 to plummet. So, for poor souls who wanna upgrade, it's a lot more difficult now, I think.

i still think RM290K is still expensive considering it's a CKD, even the powerful audi quatro which is a CBU is now being sold at less than RM280k. another point: would you want to buy a guinea pig to get the first batch of e90 CKD...??. i won't!.

Originally posted by Rubik@Jul 9 2006, 06:30 PM
I suppose in terms of quality, CBU would be the choice, but what about resale value down the road ?
for UDM, value roughly depreciates between 5-7% per annum irrespective whether it's a cbu or ckd. let's analyse your situation: you will gain RM8k if you go for cbu (but because the whole world is well aware of the hundreds of cbus' saddled at the port for more than 6 months now due to stupid AP problem), you will probably lose up to RM20K if you opt for cbu, which imo is extremely insignificant for the overall quality that you'll be getting UNLESS of course if the ckd comes with a better spec, ie sun roof, idrive etc.

Top Bottom