Is this serious for a 21 months old car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
kind of.. but I notice wetness else where.. not serious.. still monitoring..

AB,

Heard from some outside mechanics the vacuum pump leakages is a very common issues on N46 engine .Some said it can be service by changing the O ring in the Vacuum Pump.Maybe that solution will not last long but it is cheap...

bad news...my E90 has the exact same prob! thank god i read this forum and immediately check my car engine! anyway, Ingress is over booked heading to CNY. He advised me to bring it in after CNY...sigh...they also suggested a change in O-ring.

nickyow;488106 said:
bad news...my E90 has the exact same prob! thank god i read this forum and immediately check my car engine! anyway, Ingress is over booked heading to CNY. He advised me to bring it in after CNY...sigh...they also suggested a change in O-ring.

nickyow
how old is your car ya when this leak occured...:eek:

Unfortunately my car is 28 mths. I have contacted IA and they said they will appeal to BMW to claim this under warranty since my mileage is extremely low...hopefully they deliver their word...=P

oh...btw, this is apparently a very very common prob for N46 engines. whatever the fix, it is not permanent as the prob will recur within 1.5 - 2 yrs...

nickyow;489183 said:
oh...btw, this is apparently a very very common prob for N46 engines. whatever the fix, it is not permanent as the prob will recur within 1.5 - 2 yrs...

nickyow
both cbu and ckd car are affected you think? hope they have fixed the problem for newer or LCI model...

Common problem? Arrgh...am pooping myself already. I've only done 11000km since I got the car in April last year! And Astro, you found it just after 25000km? Don't have a long way to go then...or maybe even less

When I first saw my stain, it was a 21 months old car and the stain is pretty aged. I believe the leak was way before 21 months old. Just refer to my photo and inspect yours frequently and as soon as u spotted something similar, even the slightest wetness, immediately go SC lock in a case before warranty expires.

Thanks Astro,

Will inspect thoroughly. Another reason to keep the engine bay well-detailed, haha. To see any issues immediately as they happen.

megatnh;489262 said:
nickyow
both cbu and ckd car are affected you think? hope they have fixed the problem for newer or LCI model...

unfortunately irrespective if yours is a CKD or CBU, as long as your E90 uses the N46 engine, you will be affected. It's the O-ring for the vacuum pump that is causing this prob...

nickyow;490003 said:
unfortunately irrespective if yours is a CKD or CBU, as long as your E90 uses the N46 engine, you will be affected. It's the O-ring for the vacuum pump that is causing this prob...

Looks like all E90 with N46 engine, need to do regular check on the engine for oil leak! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks like l got to join you guys to monitor the oil leak frequently...... :(

What does BMW Malaysia got to say on this???

hayashikm@aol.com;490010 said:

Wish us luck?! :24:

By the way, while u guys are checking your possible leak, do pay attention to the oil sump gasket as well. If any leak, u will notice wetness under the crank pulley. Both mine and BlackE90 sudah kena lottery.. :(

astroboy;490033 said:

By the way, while u guys are checking your possible leak, do pay attention to the oil sump gasket as well. If any leak, u will notice wetness under the crank pulley. Both mine and BlackE90 sudah kena lottery.. :(

Ok ok...I have checked that corrugated metal thingy under the engine. Clean.....so far so good. The crank pulley thing...is it that belt thing with two or three circular objects that spin?

Sorry Astro, but am totally useless with the stuff under the hood.

astroboy;490033 said:

bro...did they change the fasteners with its rubber seal on the valve cover gasket? mine also same after replacing the valve cover gasket...leaking everywhere...those monkeys in AB Glenmarie did not change those screws and broken rubber seal so it leaks and old seals that had worned out cannot provide the pressure to seal the gaskets...i replaced mine DIY...cost me the whole day coz so much thing to remove...

hayashikm@aol.com;490010 said:
Looks like all E90 with N46 engine, need to do regular check on the engine for oil leak! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Looks like l got to join you guys to monitor the oil leak frequently...... :(

Ennui78;490060 said:
Ok ok...I have checked that corrugated metal thingy under the engine. Clean.....so far so good. The crank pulley thing...is it that belt thing with two or three circular objects that spin?

Sorry Astro, but am totally useless with the stuff under the hood.

Bros, you guys can always send your ride to Astroboy's house for a check....Just tapau some 6packs will do.

Really, ah? When when? Astrooooo??? Yoo hoo!

LOL. Will apply for leave now! And drive up to KL....

I told them as long as rocker cover leak, I will go back to them... so I don't care how many times they have to do it. Every time the leak is "fixed", I am warranted for 24 months.. despite a more than 2 year old car.

nickyow;490115 said:
AB...u got that fixed at Ingress?

Leak from the rear near vacuum pump section is so far so dry.. :wink: Now I'm monitoring another damp spot.. it hasn't become "wet" yet.. still eyeing on that new damp spot.. :22:

Top Bottom