Is this serious for a 21 months old car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Agree on the tensioner.. Looks more like dirt trapped on antirust/lubrication grease than a leak. The surrounding area is spotless!

Ok! E46F was right. Confirmed the tensioner no fault. It was excess grease released from the tensioner. *Hope so..

The oil pan gasket was replaced under warranty in IA. Big job, need to remove the entire front axle support to access the oil pan. Its a minimum one day job but I gave them 3 days. Pass them the car on Monday morning, ready on Wednesday morning. :top:

Item 1: Front axle support to be dropped to access the oil pan.
MTUzMzU5X3A=.png

Item 4 was replaced..
MTM3NjE2X3A=.png

Surprisingly, Item 3 was replace too, that's vacuum pump O-ring.. :eek: which cause the wetness around the rocker cover, something I complained the last round, where a rocker cover gasket, another O-ring and a flange was replaced. This is the 2nd time they opened my valve cover.. :eek:
ODQwMjJfcA==.png

I think the Item 2 is our valve cover gasket... so thick meh? :eek: Farnee..
MTI3OTI5X3A=.png

By the way, I was so happy thinking I get new engine oil with the job.. guess what.. the joy was short lived when I called them and was confirmed that they "recycle" my oil, keep and pour back in.. :(

So now u know what they capable of.. any job that require draining of oil, they can "recycle" for you to save your wallet. Otw, it will cost you another what.. RM600 for oil alone!

I've changed the same things when I opened up mine, but now the shaft seal(11117511396) pulak leaking...Sure can smile now with clean no more leaks engine :)

Wa, the saga of your car continues. Is it a trilogy ? Maybe push too hard during Gymkhana. I just post a thread, my front center console has "kraaahh" sound after I start the engine and when all the little logos on the dashboard lights:motz: go off. Really BMW - Bring More Worries

etquah;467058 said:
Wa, the saga of your car continues. Is it a trilogy ? Maybe push too hard during Gymkhana. I just post a thread, my front center console has "kraaahh" sound after I start the engine and when all the little logos on the dashboard lights:motz: go off. Really BMW - Bring More Worries

Bro, the new tag line is JOY IS BMW. also You just drive and we'll take care of the rest.

BlackE90;467317 said:
Bro, the new tag line is JOY IS BMW. also You just drive and we'll take care of the rest.

A lot of time spend send to SC la. Then have to take taxi , no car to run around for the day

zeedo;466953 said:
I've changed the same things when I opened up mine, but now the shaft seal(11117511396) pulak leaking...Sure can smile now with clean no more leaks engine :)

:(

The saga continues... leakages remain after last week's fix.. Should have check immediately when I collect the car on Wednesday. Trust them too much. Only inspect during my religious Saturday morning car wash. STILL WET!!! and fresh !!! *&^%$#@!!

Looks like my rocker cover going to be opened for the 3rd time! :eek:

Looks like a confirm TRIlogy on your car. Better take my car "mandi" bunga. Make sure smooth & no leaaking:wink:

Try to check whether they put gasket glue when they installed the cam cover gasket, the original assembly does not have but it's a good practice to apply them once it is open.

They never use gasket glue for both the header and sump, or whatever parts, and will never use for whatever "strange" reason they may have.

Spoken to SC today and ask them about this repeated leak. Was told to bring the car in again.. :( I even ask them how long of warranty I get for the valve cover gasket, they said 24 months. So looks like the gasket going to be a perceptual affair for my N46B20 because the 24 month is reset after every change. Hope that "warranty" covers labor as well as the overall warranty for my car gonna end soon.. :eek:

Had a chat with my neighborhood spare part shop and told them about my leak. They said normal as they sold many, price between RM180 ~ RM230 and they expect the same customer will return after every 10 mths.. :eek: Yes! That's how long the rubber gasket last, thru their experience. Suspected the heat/cold cycle in our climate accelerate the hardening of the rubber and causes leakage after 10 months.

Come to think of it, make some sense because our valve cover is plastic while the header is aluminum. The rate of expansion for both varies quite a bit and the rubber gasket has to cope with these multiple heat/shrink cycle and it will fail after some time.. got sense ka?! And cannot use gasket silicon too... what a bummer.. :(

The spare part shop fella also told that one of his customer switched to a B7 and ever since, he managed to sell him only brake pads, with traveling mileage over 100k km and clocking.. :eek:

The silicone glue will definitely help to prolonged the leak free condition as in my case. Changed it 2 months ago using my own limited skill with guide I got from internet and there is no leak so far but other o-rings and oil seals starts to fail. Theoretically the rubber gasket should be able to adjust to cylinder head expansion and last a lot longer than 10 months.

astroboy;452434 said:
:( mileage 26k km.

leak01.jpg

leak02.jpg

So should I be happy because still got warranty? consider lucky? :eek: :smokin:

AB,

I also had the same experiences. Sent my car for normal service at BMWorld Desa Pandan yesterday.Found out after jack-up the car that the vacuum pump is leaking.They quoted me RM1,200 for the vacuum pump and another RM 200+ for the rocker cover.Those 2 parts need to be replace + workmanship will cost me about RM 1,600.

Just want to ask here,do we really need to change the vacuum pump ( part no :11667542498) or we can just change the O ring between the pump?The leak still very minor and no sign of dripping on the floor yet.

Mine just replace rocket cover gasket for the 3rd time, if still leak, they will most likely claim the vacuum pump for me.

Firz!! Don't get conned! Pm me yur number n I will tell u how much in total!! It is cheap than wHat u think

It is really hard to explain here... but this is normal for BMW 4 cylinder head!! And u cant run from it!

dykf;485623 said:
It is really hard to explain here... but this is normal for BMW 4 cylinder head!! And u cant run from it!

DYKF

Can you share your experiences? This oil leak getting the freak out me and l am wondering why on earth is BMW Malaysia using a rubber casket versus the conventional type used by the Jap models knowing the fact that its hot weather in this BolehLand.

Could you send an email to me kmlim62@gmail.com?

Astroboy, what's the latest health status to your car?

- KM

Top Bottom