Is this serious for a 21 months old car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
No worries, I have it well thought of before getting the E90.. :wink: I have a Toyota VVTi 7-seater standing by for duty.. :D :D

Update: Ok! Receive a call from SC, leak fixed. Replaced 3 items: Rocket cover gasket, flank, and oil pump oil ring..

astroboy;452601 said:
No worries, I have it well thought of before getting the E90.. :wink: I have a Toyota VVTi 7-seater standing by for duty.. :D :D

Update: Ok! Receive a call from SC, leak fixed. Replaced 3 items: Rocket cover gasket, flank, and oil pump oil ring..

good on you. no major issues. can vroom vrooom again:eek:

astroboy;452601 said:

gud for u tt the car is still under warranty.
looks like they changes 3 items at 1 go but i reckon tt coz its under warranty.
the culprit might be the gasket or e ring but luckily they changed all 3 to be sure.
or e ring + gasket both gave way at the same time which is unlikely.
was wandering, what wld be e cost of repair if it was not under warranty both parts + labour

Dunno how much the benda cost..but for sure Ingress gonna recover it from BMW Malaysia. I happy, they happy.. :D

Nothing for me to sign, just the gate pass.. :p

Met Bailey there, I think its Bailey the yeehaaaaa guy, servicing his twin turbo.. :eek::38:

Looks better now?
leaked03.jpg

Wipe with tissue? haha... maybe I'll spray some engine degreaser there. Still got some left in my store. Let her cool down first.. :D
leaked04.jpg

Only regret?! Should not have washed my car yesterday.. :( but then if I don't wash, I wouldn't have notice the leak.. oh well! Another thumbs up for Ingress for the job well done, speedily! :top:

wtf.. i expected them to at least clean out e mess but i reckon a lil DIY degreases will do e job

No worries Ingress (if you are reading), I am not bothered a bit by the left over stain. But some customer would.. :eek: :D

Hooray to Ingress.....Good Job!

Astro, your ride ALWAYS runs less 0.25L to 0.5L of motor oil. So this time make sure you do keep track on the electronic gauge on the OBC.

BlackE90;452669 said:
Hooray to Ingress.....Good Job!

Astro, your ride ALWAYS runs less 0.25L to 0.5L of motor oil. So this time make sure you do keep track on the electronic gauge on the OBC.

No worries for now! I am on SC Syntium LL and fill according to the spec.. :wink:

.... and come to think of it, no wonder my engine is a lot more quieter and sluggish now. Perhaps its not the oil grade, or RON95 but the "extra" 0.25L of engine oil... :eek:

Good to hear your car is back and running ok. IA should clear that mess!! It's part and parcel of service and about delighting the customer!

MSport;452853 said:
Good to hear your car is back and running ok. IA should clear that mess!! It's part and parcel of service and about delighting the customer!

Yep! No one or nothing should mess with our roundel. Imagine I need to sell the car now and potential buyer notice that spot and start to ask for discount or simply turn away from the car then how?

Hope Ingress see this thread and learn from the many feedback here.

Perhaps its a missed communication. The foreman expect the car wash thambi to get rid of the stain while the thambi didn't receive special instruction to take care of the stain.

astroboy;452857 said:
Yep! No one or nothing should mess with our roundel. Imagine I need to sell the car now and potential buyer notice that spot and start to ask for discount or simply turn away from the car then how?

Hope Ingress see this thread and learn from the many feedback here.

Perhaps its a missed communication. The foreman expect the car wash thambi to get rid of the stain while the thambi didn't receive special instruction to take care of the stain.
Astroboy, u could try to clean up the mess wif Mr Muscle Kitchen Degrease. It is good enuf for the job but not too acidic.

astroboy;452857 said:

More like thambi didn't get instruction to buka your baju la.... :wink:

U all think that little stain can catch fire ka? :D :D Let me check with my insurer first, maybe can claim a 6-potter.. :p

bro not that easy to catch fire .... just like when the engine oil drips to ya exhaust manifold ...the only thing you may get is a smelly burning smell ...

wahh your engine oil very the black lorrr .... :)

Wei, the last oil change was 3k km ago at SC using Syntium LL la. Maybe the oil no good kua.. :p :D

astroboy;452954 said:
Wei, the last oil change was 3k km ago at SC using Syntium LL la. Maybe the oil no good kua.. :p :D

perhaps OR could be due to ya spirited drive to sinkahpoo ... infact upon an oil change it's better to observe t colour level change ...sometimes the colour changes within a couple of days too ...lotsa sludge is building up....

ICEMAN 13;452955 said:
perhaps OR could be due to ya spirited drive to sinkahpoo ... infact upon an oil change it's better to observe t colour level change ...sometimes the colour changes within a couple of days too ...lotsa sludge is building up....

Kenot see la.. no dipstick. Open the oil cap also can't see much..

then u shld try Binocular hehehehee..................hope yr car now in good shape yeah

Top Bottom